Greenville, SC - HDTV - Page 388 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes

post #11611 of 11615 Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtripboy View Post
I don't see any changes for me, either. If WSPA is moved to a UHF channel that could be problem as they are the most distant. ETV's Greenville station moving back to UHF might make them slightly harder to get here in Oconee County.
Or if they move to VHF-Low. I have no knowledge either way from ETV or WSPA. I say that because I know of a station in VA that is moving from UHF to channel 2. If the money is right . . .
rtripboy likes this.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers. "Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11612 of 11615 Old Today, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtripboy View Post
I don't see any changes for me, either. If WSPA is moved to a UHF channel that could be problem as they are the most distant. ETV's Greenville station moving back to UHF might make them slightly harder to get here in Oconee County.
Is moving to UHF even an option? Wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the auction? My understanding was stations could take $$ to be repacked, more $$$ to move to VHF, or even more $$$$ to move to VHF-Low if they were already VHF-High?
post #11613 of 11615 Old Today, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalmer2k View Post
Is moving to UHF even an option? Wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the auction? My understanding was stations could take $$ to be repacked, more $$$ to move to VHF, or even more $$$$ to move to VHF-Low if they were already VHF-High?
If it's their choice to move yes. But if they did move (and we don't know what's happening, if anything) it might not be by choice. The FCC can and is moving stations to different channels and changing power levels whether the stations want it or not.

post #11614 of 11615 Old Today, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Is moving to UHF even an option?
As part of the auction, no, it is/was not an option. Stations could stay in the same band or move down (for $$) but not up.

Now, after the repack terrain shakes out, the station may APPLY to move to UHF provided that 1) the FCC opens such a window for filing and 2) there's an available channel identified for them to relocate to.

Given that they had several years post-transition to elect such a move and they didn't bother, the odds of them caring enough now or in the near future to make such an effort post-repack would seem to be unlikely.
post #11615 of 11615 Old Today, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 67
ATSC3.0 holds promise for those on VHF-High at least and a fighting chance on VHF-Low.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers. "Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception