Greenville, SC - HDTV - Page 390 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 37Likes

post #11671 of 11679 Old 04-24-2017, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Both WNTV and WGGS are on Paris Mountain and probably may share the same transmission facility. Or at least the same power supply. But perhaps they should look at a backup plan. But if you have an antenna you may also get SCETV from Greenwood channel 38. Which also has a good bit of overlap.
Greenwood is almost impossible in northern Oconee. But I can get UNC-TV from Asheville.

It just seems whenever there's bad weather WNTV is down for days at a time. I think they should use some the money from the sale to improve public TV in the Upstate.

I plan on writing them, as well as my representative in Columbia to suggest some uses for their windfall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11672 of 11679 Old 04-24-2017, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtripboy View Post
Greenwood is almost impossible in northern Oconee. But I can get UNC-TV from Asheville.

It just seems whenever there's bad weather WNTV is down for days at a time. I think they should use some the money from the sale to improve public TV in the Upstate.

I plan on writing them, as well as my representative in Columbia to suggest some uses for their windfall.
How good is the VHF reception in Oconee County? Some digital VHF signals can be problematic due to noise and interference,particularly WLOS. How about WSPA and WNTV? And I was hoping with this repack perhaps WLOS could alter their transmission pattern and remove their null in the Upstate. But does not appear to be the case.
post #11673 of 11679 Old 04-24-2017, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtripboy View Post
Does anyone know if SC ETV has a back-up power generator for WNTV in Greenville?

I've noticed during bad weather both WNTV and WGGS seem to go off the air at the same time. Both would get their power from Blue Ridge Electric.

If not this seems a good use for some of the $43,000,000 they got for WRET.
I am reasonably certain it's Duke Power, not the Blue Ridge Electric Co-op, that provides power to the WGGS and WNTV transmitters on Paris Mountain.

post #11674 of 11679 Old 04-26-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
How good is the VHF reception in Oconee County? Some digital VHF signals can be problematic due to noise and interference,particularly WLOS. How about WSPA and WNTV? And I was hoping with this repack perhaps WLOS could alter their transmission pattern and remove their null in the Upstate. But does not appear to be the case.
VHF reception is normally really good. In the spring and summer there's some temperature inversion stuff that happens. It can make WLOS harder to get. (this was always a problem with WLOS even when they were analog. Of course with analog you never lost the signal, it just looked bad)

WNTV is much better on VHF than they were on UHF. Until this week I've never had any problems with WSPA. Which is kind of odd as they are the most distant.

Right now I'm having some problems with all three.

Last edited by rtripboy; 04-27-2017 at 07:31 AM.
post #11675 of 11679 Old 04-26-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDevildog View Post
I am reasonably certain it's Duke Power, not the Blue Ridge Electric Co-op, that provides power to the WGGS and WNTV transmitters on Paris Mountain.
If it is Duke Power, then they really do need a generator. Duke Power seems to have major problems in Greenville County.
post #11676 of 11679 Old 04-29-2017, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Why is it that hockey always preempts or delays the news. Today it happened again. News didn't come on because the game went to double OT.
post #11677 of 11679 Old 05-10-2017, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having skips both audio and video on Charter. It seems to happen only on local channels, CBS, NBC, PBS etc. The cable channels seem to be fine. Anyone else having the issue? It is worse some days than others but seems to happen almost all the time.
post #11678 of 11679 Old Today, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post
Stations do it all the time. The issue comes up on which game goes on which channel and all depends on the contract. We carry ACC football and the first year we had it, FOX had college ball on at the same time. We moved the FOX game to the .2 until the ACC game, on the .1 was over then joined in progress on the .1 while continuing to run it on the .2. Last year we had not only FOX college, ACC, we also had a black college network as well. All airing on Saturday afternoon. Talk about shuffling the schedules of all the channels!
I've seen it happen when 13 and 40 have carried two games in a ACCN split. It's happened not just with basketball, but with football too. Doesn't happen much anymore.
post #11679 of 11679 Old Today, 04:13 PM

Me-TV is running promos saying that starting Monday they will run the seldom seen black & white episodes of My 3 Sons. Two back to back episodes starting at 7:30am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page