Greenville, SC - HDTV - Page 390 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 37Likes

post #11671 of 11673 Old Today, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Both WNTV and WGGS are on Paris Mountain and probably may share the same transmission facility. Or at least the same power supply. But perhaps they should look at a backup plan. But if you have an antenna you may also get SCETV from Greenwood channel 38. Which also has a good bit of overlap.
Greenwood is almost impossible in northern Oconee. But I can get UNC-TV from Asheville.

It just seems whenever there's bad weather WNTV is down for days at a time. I think they should use some the money from the sale to improve public TV in the Upstate.

I plan on writing them, as well as my representative in Columbia to suggest some uses for their windfall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11672 of 11673 Old Today, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtripboy View Post
Greenwood is almost impossible in northern Oconee. But I can get UNC-TV from Asheville.

It just seems whenever there's bad weather WNTV is down for days at a time. I think they should use some the money from the sale to improve public TV in the Upstate.

I plan on writing them, as well as my representative in Columbia to suggest some uses for their windfall.
How good is the VHF reception in Oconee County? Some digital VHF signals can be problematic due to noise and interference,particularly WLOS. How about WSPA and WNTV? And I was hoping with this repack perhaps WLOS could alter their transmission pattern and remove their null in the Upstate. But does not appear to be the case.
post #11673 of 11673 Old Today, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtripboy View Post
Does anyone know if SC ETV has a back-up power generator for WNTV in Greenville?

I've noticed during bad weather both WNTV and WGGS seem to go off the air at the same time. Both would get their power from Blue Ridge Electric.

If not this seems a good use for some of the $43,000,000 they got for WRET.
I am reasonably certain it's Duke Power, not the Blue Ridge Electric Co-op, that provides power to the WGGS and WNTV transmitters on Paris Mountain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page