Greenville, SC - HDTV - Page 392 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 48Likes

post #11731 of 11736 Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Liked: 180
WYFF-4 will have special Eclipse coverage this afternoon. John Cessarich will be live at Flour Field where they will delay the baseball game. And the Charlotte stations are also here covering the Eclipse. WCNC is at Clemson, Columbia, and Charleston, and WJZY is at Furman University. WBTV is in Columbia. Most local channels as well as the networks will have special coverage today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11732 of 11736 Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
WYFF-4 will have special Eclipse coverage this afternoon. John Cessarich will be live at Flour Field where they will delay the baseball game. And the Charlotte stations are also here covering the Eclipse. WCNC is at Clemson, Columbia, and Charleston, and WJZY is at Furman University. WBTV is in Columbia. Most local channels as well as the networks will have special coverage today.
WSOC-TV also reporting live from Greenville, watching on the Roku.
post #11733 of 11736 Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 6
WSPA will have live coverage from Roper Mtn and Clemson starting at 2pm. CBS is on the air now with eclipse coverage.

post #11734 of 11736 Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtripboy View Post
WSPA will have live coverage from Roper Mtn and Clemson starting at 2pm. CBS is on the air now with eclipse coverage.
I stepped outside and watched the Eclipse from the front yard then went back inside and watched coverage on WYFF, WSPA, WBTV, and WCNC. It seems WCNC overall was the most extensive coverage from more locations including Clemson, Columbia, and Charleston.
post #11735 of 11736 Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Greenville, SC - HDTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC
I stepped outside and watched the Eclipse from the front yard then went back inside and watched coverage on WYFF, WSPA, WBTV, and WCNC. It seems WCNC overall was the most extensive coverage from more locations including Clemson, Columbia, and Charleston.

For some reason WCNC broke up badly for me today for most of their coverage. WBTV and WSOC were both fine though
post #11736 of 11736 Old Today, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalmer2k View Post
For some reason WCNC broke up badly for me today for most of their coverage. WBTV and WSOC were both fine though
WCNC broke up briefly during 5am news, but that is typical with several stations due to early morning atmospheric conditions. Happens more often with WCNC and WJZY because of my distance and I am on the back side null from their side mount antennas. Rarely an issue with WBTV which is top mounted and more omnidirectional. But no issues with WCNC during the afternoon coverage and I am further than you from the tower. Perhaps amplifier overload issue? WCNC was strong during the day yesterday at my location. Unless the Eclipse caused strange atmospheric conditions as had been speculated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page