Greenville, SC - HDTV - Page 395 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 52Likes

post #11821 of 11825 Old 10-13-2017, 05:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 183
29615 issues

The FM Fool report indicates very strong signals nearby, including Paris Mountain. And several FM stations from Charlotte also come in strong. I am going to add more FM traps, because I connected the UHF antenna to the radio, and in spite of the UVSJ and FM trap, I am still getting FM stations coming through. But are there any FM channels that cause bad harmonics or interference with RF22? Although WCNC has a side mounted directional antenna with a bit of a null, I still get it reliably at my own residence which is further away than my sister's house. And it used to come in good over there also. I just wonder if all these new FM translator stations they have added in recent years could be creating a problem, and I think a few others such as 95.9 may have increased power. Still trying to troubleshoot. Although in a few years things will be changing when the channels move, but the current set up should still work except for perhaps a few isolated issues that may need to be resolved when the time comes. I am also going to replace the CM-Amplify with a Juice preamp and see if that helps better with the overload.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11822 of 11825 Old 10-17-2017, 06:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdink View Post
Looking for antenna advise

Looking for some advice on antenna(s). Jumping into cutting the cord for the first time but still need to be able to get the main networks. According to TV Fool both UHF and VHF-Hi are going to be needed but all channels seem to be between 304° and 1°. A few more channels are at 6° but those are just bonus channels if receivable.

Main channels wanted:
PBS
NBC
CW
CBS
MyN
FOX
ABC

Outdoor antenna(s) mounted on the roof or to the eve should be fine with the wife. This will put the antenna(s) around 25’ off the ground. Aesthetics are a concern but only slightly. As the back of the house faces 300° the roof system will hide the antenna(s) as long as the don’t have to be mounted above the ridge of the roof. Last concern is the antenna(s) will feed multiple TV’s watching different channels at the same time so a rotating mount is out of the question.

What would be the best plan of attack for these needs? Would two antenna’s be better than one or not? What antenna(s) would you suggest?

First thoughts after a lot of reading are ether the DB8e or DB4E and a 30-2440 from mcm or a single Winegard HD7694P (the HD7698P seems to big). If two antenna’s how do you hook them together? What preamps are best for each application?

I think I just need a bit of help.

Thanks
Ryan
Ryan....I am in the process of answering your other post in the 'technical' section but needed 1 more post so that I an add my TVFool link to it.....so this is just a heads-up to check there and to give me the extra posting that I needed to add the link.

Scott
post #11823 of 11825 Old 10-20-2017, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Anyone else notice that WMYA DT 40 OTA is off the air, and has been since late last night.
The station has been leaving the air off schedule around 11 PM and today did not return to the air as far as I can tell. I've checked at 4, 6, and 8 PM and no sign of a signal at all. I checked the actual channel 14.1 RF and no sign of them. I wonder what's going on? I noticed that for weeks the
sub channel called Charge TV on 40.4 has been going dark at around 10 PM and usually didn't return until the next day. It's one of the only good things on WMYA too.

post #11824 of 11825 Old 10-20-2017, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Often WSPA and WBTV will air different NFL games from CBS. I don't know exactly how that is decided, but in parts of the Upstate you can choose if you have an antenna.
Same thing this week. WHNS is showing New Orleans at Green Bay, but WJZY is showing Dallas at San Fransisco. Maybe because WJZY doesn't want to compete with the Panthers game at 1.
post #11825 of 11825 Old 10-20-2017, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubber View Post
Anyone else notice that WMYA DT 40 OTA is off the air, and has been since late last night.
The station has been leaving the air off schedule around 11 PM and today did not return to the air as far as I can tell. I've checked at 4, 6, and 8 PM and no sign of a signal at all. I checked the actual channel 14.1 RF and no sign of them. I wonder what's going on? I noticed that for weeks the
sub channel called Charge TV on 40.4 has been going dark at around 10 PM and usually didn't return until the next day. It's one of the only good things on WMYA too.

Hmm...I wonder what's going on. I watched Harry this morning at 10 on 13.2. It's 11:30pm right now. Their main channel is up and running on 13.2, but I'm not getting anything from WMYA itself. I wonder if they're doing some sort of technical work. I even checked their future channel 35, nothing there.

EDIT...at 9am this morning they were back on the air. Most TV stations would post any major technical work they were doing on the website. But, Sinclair never does that or even admits there are technical problems. So, I guess there's no way to figure out what they're doing. I looked at the website for the radio station they share that tower with, nothing there either.

Last edited by rtripboy; 10-21-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page