post #91 of 502 Old 02-27-2004, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Originally posted by seldenpat
Not at all.

Broadcast Basic + iO = 23 (that gives locals, INHD, BravoHD+)
MSG = 2
FSNY = 2
Starz = 10
TMC = 10
Cinemax = 10

Total=57

You left out STB fee!

»ken«
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 502 Old 02-27-2004, 09:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Originally posted by KenA
You left out STB fee!

I lumped it into the Broadcast Basic. Here is my actual bill for anyone who cares. I did, however, leave out the taxes and fees.

Broadcast Basic - $10.50
iO Package - $9.95
Cinemax - $9.95
TMC - $9.95
Starz! w/Encore - $9.95
Fox Sports NY - $1.95
MSG - $1.95
1 iO Digital Box (at $2.95 each and remote(s) at $0.29 ea) - $3.24
Taxes and Fees - $3.28

Total Cable TV/iO - $60.72

"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."
post #93 of 502 Old 02-27-2004, 01:13 PM

My neighborhood is pretty flat with no obvious obstacles over the horizon. My ant is about 25' above ground level and I took care to limit RG6 cable run to about 40' with no splitters.

Anybody know when iO will offer NBC/ABC DT? And what is minimum services needed to get them?
post #94 of 502 Old 02-27-2004, 01:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Originally posted by DumbLuck
My neighborhood is pretty flat with no obvious obstacles over the horizon. My ant is about 25' above ground level and I took care to limit RG6 cable run to about 40' with no splitters.

Anybody know when iO will offer NBC/ABC DT? And what is minimum services needed to get them?

They are already offering NBC DT. ABC is still anyone's guess. You get them as long as you have Broadcast Basic and HD-iO.

"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd."
post #95 of 502 Old 02-27-2004, 02:20 PM

Quote:

I lumped it into the Broadcast Basic. Here is my actual bill for anyone who cares. I did, however, leave out the taxes and fees.

Broadcast Basic - $10.50
iO Package - $9.95
Cinemax - $9.95
TMC - $9.95
Starz! w/Encore - $9.95
Fox Sports NY - $1.95
MSG - $1.95
1 iO Digital Box (at $2.95 each and remote(s) at $0.29 ea) - $3.24
Taxes and Fees - $3.28

Total Cable TV/iO - $60.72

D* is almost the same price....
I just received my wonderful news that they are going up 3 bucks...
post #96 of 502 Old 03-02-2004, 07:29 PM

Any news on NBC in connecticut or when NBC and WPIX going full power in April?
post #97 of 502 Old 03-09-2004, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chrome
Any news on NBC in connecticut or when NBC and WPIX going full power in April?

I got WVIT-DT (NBC)channel 30-1 in Hartford last night. Strong signal , about 85%. Jay Leno was great in HD! Anybody else getting this station on LI?
-Dan
post #98 of 502 Old 03-09-2004, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dannygee
I got WVIT-DT (NBC)channel 30-1 in Hartford last night. Strong signal , about 85%. Jay Leno was great in HD! Anybody else getting this station on LI?

WVIT-DT has been doing a fantastic job and has a strong signal on the North Shore of LI since they signed-on late last week.

WTIC-DT (FOX-61) also came up on digital 31 early last week. According to the data on the FCC website, their signal radiation pattern is directional to the North-East (away from us) but they can probably be received by many on LI nonetheless. We're trying to help them get the aspect ratio of their network pass-through feed of FOX widescreen straightened out in The Somewhat Official Hartford and all of CT Connecticut HDTV thread!

Issues and comments about reception have been posted there.
----
Paul
post #99 of 502 Old 03-10-2004, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulL
WVIT-DT has been doing a fantastic job and has a strong signal on the North Shore of LI since they signed-on late last week.

WTIC-DT (FOX-61) also came up on digital 31 early last week. According to the data on the FCC website, their signal radiation pattern is directional to the North-East (away from us) but they can probably be received by many on LI nonetheless. We're trying to help them get the aspect ratio of their network pass-through feed of FOX widescreen straightened out in The Somewhat Official Hartford and all of CT Connecticut HDTV thread!

Issues and comments about reception have been posted there.
----
Paul

yes, i can confirm that here in smithtown i finally have a source for nbc...wooooohoooooo! i'm picking it up on 35 though...

i can't get fox (tried 61 and 31...maybe it is on some other channel for me...i'll start scanning)...

[edit]

yup, fcc site indicates channels 31 and 61.

with that pattern (see pic) though, i won't be able to pick it up here in smithtown...maybe at my house in the hamptons...will have to try this summer...
post #100 of 502 Old 03-10-2004, 06:52 PM

The FCC site also mentions that the WTIC-DT pattern is rotated 40 degrees. I assume that means the major lobe is toward the NE.

The physical channels are 35 for WVIT-DT (NBC-30) and 31 for WTIC-DT (FOX-61).

WTIC-DT may have PSIP issues with some STBs. They're "advertising" their analog channel mapping (61.0) in their stream. I asked them to stop doing this as I've never seen it before, but so far they have ignored my requests. My DTC100 is fine with it, but it adds it to my channel list when I've never tuned it in. So I know that it's coming from the DT.
----
Paul
post #101 of 502 Old 03-10-2004, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulL
The FCC site also mentions that the WTIC-DT pattern is rotated 40 degrees. I assume that means the major lobe is toward the NE.

The physical channels are 35 for WVIT-DT (NBC-30) and 31 for WTIC-DT (FOX-61).

WTIC-DT may have PSIP issues with some STBs. They're "advertising" their analog channel mapping (61.0) in their stream. I asked them to stop doing this as I've never seen it before, but so far they have ignored my requests. My DTC100 is fine with it, but it adds it to my channel list when I've never tuned it in. So I know that it's coming from the DT.
----
Paul

that plot already has the rotation applied...

that psip issue may be why my myhd card is tuning the analog (61)...i'll have my new sammy dlp this weekend and will hook up my sammy t165; if fox from ct is obtainable, i hope that one of my tuners will be able to get it...if not, i get a decent enough signal from nyc, although it certainly could be better
post #102 of 502 Old 03-11-2004, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BenDover
that plot already has the rotation applied...

Doh!... Right at the top of the page of the link you provided it says; "Any specified rotation has already been applied to the plotted pattern".

I thought I saw one there that wasn't rotated at one time.

Sorry,
Paul

BTW, How's Eileen?
post #103 of 502 Old 03-11-2004, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

she's good, thanks for asking
post #104 of 502 Old 03-11-2004, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Not at all.

Broadcast Basic + iO = 23 (that gives locals, INHD, BravoHD+)
MSG = 2
FSNY = 2
Starz = 10
TMC = 10
Cinemax = 10

Total=57

Hey Pat. I just dropped my package down to Broadcast Basic and lost INHD. Are you sill getting it? Should I give them a call?

»ken«
post #105 of 502 Old 03-12-2004, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Is anyone getting anything way out east in the hamptons or is it just too far?

rcliff
post #106 of 502 Old 03-12-2004, 09:27 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Hey Pat. I just dropped my package down to Broadcast Basic and lost INHD. Are you sill getting it? Should I give them a call?

Interesting...I lost mine last night, but I called them and they seemed to have no issue turning it back on. I haven't checked it yet, though. I'll let you know if it's back on when I get home.

post #107 of 502 Old 03-12-2004, 09:29 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Originally posted by rcliff
Is anyone getting anything way out east in the hamptons or is it just too far?

PM Lomax. He's in Moriches and gets some decent reception OTA from NYC and Connecticut.

post #108 of 502 Old 03-12-2004, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

PM Lomax. He's in Moriches and gets some decent reception OTA from NYC and Connecticut.

Moriches is close to mid island. I'm talking about way out near East Hampton. The major NYC stations are 98 miles away so I assume there's no chance. WTNH is 53mi so maybe that's possible.

rcliff
post #109 of 502 Old 03-12-2004, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

maybe this summer i'll give it a shot; my house out there is all buttoned up for the winter.

i have an extra cm4228 in the basement that i have been planning on installing out there on a rotator; i don't hold much hope for receiving anything from nyc, but ct is surely in range. may even get more from ct out there than i do at my main home. time will tell, unless we have a warm spell and i'm bored; not likely i'll be leaving my house though b/c i just ordered voom and it gets installed on 3/20
post #110 of 502 Old 03-12-2004, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

I've got a CM Stealthtenna that I was using in my Nassau house's attic to pull in WTNH 50mi away but no longer need it since WABC went live. I think I'll take that out east to see if I can get WTNH from there. Ben, I'm in Amagansett. How far out are you? I'd be interested to hear about your results with the CM4228.

rcliff
post #111 of 502 Old 03-12-2004, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

about a half mile east of the shinnecock canal on the north shore of the southern fork...
post #112 of 502 Old 03-12-2004, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

about a half mile east of the shinnecock canal on the north shore of the southern fork...

Looks like you'll have it a little easier than me being about 40mi from WTNH and 80mi from the NYC stations. Forum member dswallow has posted this lookup tool that's quite useful in calculating the distances.

rcliff
post #113 of 502 Old 03-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I know of one person in west Hampton who was getting NYC, but it was very so so. You will have much better luck with Ct. signal bounce over water so it goes farther, RI could be good too.

Are you in shinnecock hills? I was just working on Blackwatch court last week, If you have some height you will be in better shape.
post #114 of 502 Old 03-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Originally posted by rcliff
I've got a CM Stealthtenna that I was using in my Nassau house's attic to pull in WTNH 50mi away but no longer need it since WABC went live. I think I'll take that out east to see if I can get WTNH from there. Ben, I'm in Amagansett. How far out are you? I'd be interested to hear about your results with the CM4228.

Not a chance for NYC unless you plan on a 500ft tower! WTNH is even a long shot, you will have to get the antenna very high. Look to RI, it is your only hope for OTA HD, problem is most of the RI DT stations are going to be well north in RI so that is not going to be easy ether. Best bet is Cablevision or BEV DBS for Network HD, sorry Amagansett is just way to far.
post #115 of 502 Old 03-13-2004, 07:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Ken,

Did you get this resolved on your end? I'm still trying with the CSR's and nothing seems to be working. I have the Sony box, how about you? I just sent Wilt H an e-mail to see if they made programming changes that altered the minimum service level to get INHD.

Let me know,
Patrick

post #116 of 502 Old 03-13-2004, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally posted by lomax
Not a chance for NYC unless you plan on a 500ft tower! WTNH is even a long shot, you will have to get the antenna very high. Look to RI, it is your only hope for OTA HD, problem is most of the RI DT stations are going to be well north in RI so that is not going to be easy ether. Best bet is Cablevision or BEV DBS for Network HD, sorry Amagansett is just way to far.

Thanks lomax. I was able to get WTNH 50mi away in Roslyn (through the attic) with the stealthtenna but my house is approx 350ft above sea level so that must have helped quite a bit. The providence stations are about 75mi so maybe I have a chance over the water. My house out here is at sea level so no help there but there's also nothing out here to interfere with the the signal. I think I'll bring out the stealthtenna to see if I get any blips on the radar just for fun.

rcliff
post #117 of 502 Old 03-13-2004, 11:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Ken,

Did you get this resolved on your end? I'm still trying with the CSR's and nothing seems to be working. I have the Sony box, how about you? I just sent Wilt H an e-mail to see if they made programming changes that altered the minimum service level to get INHD.

Let me know,
Patrick

My response from Wilt (I'm impressed he took time out on a Saturday to help me out!):

"...Your instincts were correct; I don't know why the reps couldn't figure out what to tell you--when INHD was launched it was put into the wrong tier. Both it and BravoHD require expanded basic as a minimum level of service.
Sorry it was so hard for you to get a straight answer.
Thanks,
Wilt"

It was fun while it lasted...

I decided to spend the extra $30 and go with Gold...

post #118 of 502 Old 03-14-2004, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Both it and BravoHD require expanded basic as a minimum level of service.

Exactly what is "expanded basic "?
post #119 of 502 Old 03-14-2004, 12:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Originally posted by Bogney Baux
Exactly what is "expanded basic "?

I took it to mean Family Cable and above. That additional $36 that I would pay for INHD would be more than if I just went with Gold.

post #120 of 502 Old 03-14-2004, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

i signed up for voom and will likely drop down to broadcast basic, if not drop it entirely...we'll see...
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page