Boston OTA Reception on Cape Cod?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-01-2003, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Gentlemen,
I heard of this site 1 week ago from a customer service site for CBS. Wow! I'm hooked. I have learned alot of information regarding OTA (over the air) reception for HDTV. I have a couple of questions though..and I'm only getting sterted.
I have a HD ready Mitsubishi 55 inch widescreen tv. I have wanted to upgrade to HD for over a year, but did not want to spend $500+ on a reciever and just get HBO, Showtime and PPV stations from Direct TV. Now I've learned I can go OTA for the Boston local biggies, but my dilemma is spending the money on the reciever but NOT being able to pull in the OTA signals.

Does anybody in the Sandwich, MA area get OTA HDTV signals??? And What equipment are you using? Reciever? Antenna? Amps?
I got a little info from antennaweb.org. It recommended a Medium directional Antenna (Whatever that is?)...any help or recommendations would be great. I'd rather put it inside my attic, but would mount one outside if needed (against my wife's will).
Thanks in advance for all help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-02-2003, 02:49 AM

broman,

Welcome to the forum. I am using a Sony HD200, RCA DTC-100 and MyHD MDP-100 all being fed by a Channel Master 4248 antenna and a 7775 pre-amp. Reception on 2-1, 4-1, 5-1, and 7-1 is pretty strong and reliable. Channels 25 and 38 come in ok when atmospheric conditions are right. You should get better signal strength than I do being that much closer to the towers. I know there's a guy in Falmouth that gets good reception.

Good Luck.

Stan
post #3 of 4 Old 12-02-2003, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Stan,
Where did you purchase your antenna and pre-amp? Is the antenna mounted outside or is it concealed in the attic? What was the cost on top of the HD-reciever?
Broman
post #4 of 4 Old 12-02-2003, 09:20 AM

broman,

I purchased the antenna and amp at Stark electronics via their website. They are in Worcester. Honestly don't recall what I paid - it was almost three years ago. I have it mounted on roof mounted tripod.

Stan
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page