Austin, TX - HDTV - Page 236 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #7051 of 7066 Old 07-06-2015, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsho View Post
Is anyone getting program listings from 7-2 or -3, 36-2 or 62-3, and if so on what device, especially if it's a DVR? I'm getting nothing from these on DISH, but have listings on the KLRU subchannels.
My Tivo gets program info on those channels

Samsung UN65ES6500
Onkyo TX-NR809
Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S590
Boston Acoustic VR 30 Fronts
Boston Acoustic VR 20 Surrounds
Boston Acoustic VR10 Center
Energy ESW-310 Subwoofer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7052 of 7066 Old 07-06-2015, 06:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 3247 Post(s)
Liked: 1780
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsho View Post
DirecTV picks up all locals, OTA, or so I've been told. I wonder if the breakup is on the backhaul? Is it just KXAN? And given that this is two weeks old, is it still there?
I reported it to KXAN and received a response that they had a "sever error", which has since been corrected. While KXAN still has occasional signal issues, it is improved over how it was when I made my original post.
post #7053 of 7066 Old 07-21-2015, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Anybody having issues with Windows Media Center and KTBC OTA?

My WMC guide data was not updating over the past week or so, so I setup TV again yesterday.

After the setup, WMC did not find any of the KTBC channels (7.1, 7.2 or 7.3), although they were there before.

I manually added 7.1, and it shows up fine. But WMC isn't downloading guide data for it.

My system has been the same for years, and has been very reliable. It only does HTPC functions, and there are a bunch of updates in the queue - I never update it or mess with it in any way. (WMC Windows 7, HDHR with OTA antenna)
post #7054 of 7066 Old 07-21-2015, 11:36 AM

Looks like there was a big background change in the guide data provider, I can't post URLs. BUt search google for "Media Center EPG Cutover" and it will pull up the Silicon dust thread describing it.

I guess we'll have to provide the feedback to MS
StanF likes this.
post #7055 of 7066 Old 07-23-2015, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can you share any details on how you sorted out getting 7.1 added in WMC? I tried manually adding it, but couldn't get it to work for some reason.

I did however get the issues with the guide not populating sorted out. The work around I found specified simply required rerunning the TV Tuner Setup. I ran through that, and the guide downloaded successfully.
post #7056 of 7066 Old 07-23-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Sheen View Post
Can you share any details on how you sorted out getting 7.1 added in WMC? I tried manually adding it, but couldn't get it to work for some reason.

I did however get the issues with the guide not populating sorted out. The work around I found specified simply required rerunning the TV Tuner Setup. I ran through that, and the guide downloaded successfully.
My main MCE had the guide data missing issue, reran the setup Monday, and 7.1 disappeared and the guide got a bunch of junk repeater channels of KXAN, also KVBO wouldn’t tune. I reran the setup yesterday evening and 7.1 came back, but missing guide data now on 7.1 through 7.3

My other computer with MCE which I hardly use for viewing, more for work, didn’t miss a beat in the switch over; it has complete channel listings and full guide data for each channel. I’m NOT going to rerun the setup on that.

I’m not sure if this was related, but I ran the guide setup using 78665 or 78664 earlier when 7.1 disappeared, last night I ran it with 78759, could just be a coincidence. I also took the time to update HDHomeRun’s software, never hurts…. I’m hoping now that 7.1 is back after the setup that the guide update will start to flow in shortly….. at least i can manually schedule a recording time or watch live.
post #7057 of 7066 Old 07-23-2015, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 52
The 7.1 problem is because the new provider (Rovi) couldn't list channels with the virtual channel number the same as the actual frequency. Fox transmits on ch7.
Rovi is working through the problem and people reporting good results.

I can't even get WMC to switch to Rovi, so my OTA guide runs out Sunday.
post #7058 of 7066 Old 07-24-2015, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanF View Post
Anybody having issues with Windows Media Center and KTBC OTA?

My WMC guide data was not updating over the past week or so, so I setup TV again yesterday.

After the setup, WMC did not find any of the KTBC channels (7.1, 7.2 or 7.3), although they were there before.

I manually added 7.1, and it shows up fine. But WMC isn't downloading guide data for it.

My system has been the same for years, and has been very reliable. It only does HTPC functions, and there are a bunch of updates in the queue - I never update it or mess with it in any way. (WMC Windows 7, HDHR with OTA antenna)
My guide problems were fixed over the last couple of days - automatically - nothing needed to be done by me. All three KTBC channels (7.1, 7.2 and 7.3) showed up, with guide data, along with some other channels (that I disabled, since I never watch them).

All in all, a pretty quick resolution.
post #7059 of 7066 Old 07-27-2015, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanF View Post
My guide problems were fixed over the last couple of days - automatically - nothing needed to be done by me. All three KTBC channels (7.1, 7.2 and 7.3) showed up, with guide data, along with some other channels (that I disabled, since I never watch them).

All in all, a pretty quick resolution.
I set up my dad's Media Center system and he's been without guide data for almost a week now. I spent two hours on the problem yesterday, but could never find a zipcode that would actually return data. Everything I tried gave me the same stupid downloading error.

Things I tried:
- Remapping DNS to 8.8.8.8
- Remapping the epg URLs in the host file
- Turning off Media Center and then turning it back on. I don't know if this completely took since it still had my dad's zipcode populated when I tried to re-setup the guide and tuners again.

I may just have to blow away the entire system and start with a fresh Win 7 install, since no other solution seems to work. I was counting my lucky stars until I got home later yesterday and discovered my Vista Media Center had been afflicted with the same thing.
post #7060 of 7066 Old 07-27-2015, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 60
I got it to work.

It was a massive pain in the butt.

No amount of messing with re-setting up TV would work - it would always just seem to find the old data and use it.

To fix it:
1. Boot into safe mode
2. Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome
3. Rename mcepg2-0 to mcepg2-0_old
4. Rename mcepg2-0.db to mcepg2-0.db_old
5. Go into Packages
6. Rename EpgListings EpgListings_old
7. Reboot, launch WMC
8. If all is well, you will no longer have a 'Guide' option and will see 'Set up TV' in the menu.
9. Go through the setup, go ahead and use your real Zip code, if it doesn't work hit back and try again (took 4 times for me)
10. If all goes well, you will now see a slightly different choice of providers
11. After the normal setup and waiting ~10 mins to download the lineup, hopefully you will be back up and running

Not how I wanted to spend 2 hours Sunday night! Do not just skip to step 9 - I did that like 5 times...

xnappo

P.S. You lose all your scheduled recordings.
[EDIT] Added details

Last edited by xnappo; 07-27-2015 at 04:21 PM.
post #7061 of 7066 Old 08-01-2015, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
I got it to work.

No amount of messing with re-setting up TV would work - it would always just seem to find the old data and use it.
I need a good zip code for the Austin area so that the Rovi guide will update. I feel like I'm just running in circles without one.

EDIT: SOLVED at this link

Thanks for xnappo's instructions. Those are what actually did the trick.

Last edited by sneakerx; 08-01-2015 at 11:26 AM.
post #7062 of 7066 Old 08-01-2015, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 19
The downtown Austin zip code is 78701. Will that work?

To the world, you are just a person. To a rescue dog, you are the world!
http://www.austinpetsalive.org/ - local in Austin
http://adopt-a-small-dog.adoptapet.com/ - national
post #7063 of 7066 Old 08-01-2015, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 60
@sneakerx Glad it worked!
@austinsho 78739 is my zip - but I don't think there is actually a huge zip code issue in Austin.
post #7064 of 7066 Old 08-05-2015, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
I got it to work.
It took me TWO DAYS of trying to get the details to finally download. No joking.
post #7065 of 7066 Old Today, 04:06 PM
rad
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Noticed today that KXAN has gone to 16:9 for their news graphic package. Don't know why all stations haven't done that yet.
post #7066 of 7066 Old Today, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Maybe it's not in the current budget. Maybe there's no playback equipment available. It could be any of a number of things.

To the world, you are just a person. To a rescue dog, you are the world!
http://www.austinpetsalive.org/ - local in Austin
http://adopt-a-small-dog.adoptapet.com/ - national
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception