post #241 of 246 Old 08-06-2016, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Ellis View Post
It's interesting to note that Quincy is attempting to present both NBC and CBS in 1080 HD on KBJR (in addition to MNT in 480). I say "attempting" because the bits are really flying... it can't even handle the animations on The Price is Right. On my TiVo, recordings that used to be about 6GB per hour from both NBC and CBS are now 4GB for NBC and 3GB for CBS.
OH MY!

On a side note do you know if KRII is doing dual HD also? Or is CBS still 480i widescreen?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 246 Old 08-10-2016, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have not been up to Gheen to check, but I suspect KRII is probably doing it the same way as KBJR.
post #243 of 246 Old 09-25-2016, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is anyone else noticing random slight changes in tint when watching 6.1 or 6.2? I haven't noticed it on any other channels so I'm thinking it's because they 're now trying to air 2 HD channels over one broadcast channel. Your average user won't spot it (my wife doesn't) but I work in AV and it's really bugging me. Trying to figure out if it's really the broadcast or my setup. Anyone think it could be LTE interference or anything? I don't have an LTE filter yet.

post #244 of 246 Old 09-27-2016, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Duluth gets Decades....per northpine

Quincy's "My9" (KBJR-DT3 Superior-Duluth and KRII-DT3 Chisholm) is now carrying the Decades network 18 hours per day, replacing syndicated programming in the morning, afternoon, and overnight hours. "My9" continues to carry the My Network TV lineup from 7 to 9 p.m. followed by syndicated programming until midnight, as well as "The 700 Club" at 11 a.m. (Viewers aren't actually missing any Decades or My Network programming, since the networks only offer six and two hours of programming per day, respectively.) Quincy also carries Decades on several of its Wisconsin stations. KBJR carries NBC on 6.1 and CBS on 6.2, while "My9" is seen on 6.3 and is named for its cable position. The channel originally launched as the cable-only "UPN9" in 2002 and got broadcast carriage when KBJR-DT launched; it had also carried some PAX TV programming in its early years
post #245 of 246 Old 09-28-2016, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_ajb View Post
Is anyone else noticing random slight changes in tint when watching 6.1 or 6.2? I haven't noticed it on any other channels so I'm thinking it's because they 're now trying to air 2 HD channels over one broadcast channel. Your average user won't spot it (my wife doesn't) but I work in AV and it's really bugging me. Trying to figure out if it's really the broadcast or my setup. Anyone think it could be LTE interference or anything? I don't have an LTE filter yet.

I haven't noticed anything. Of course I've never seen 'jitter' in a movie either. Sometimes ignorance is bliss

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

post #246 of 246 Old 03-19-2017, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Bye Bye Decades....Hello H&I?????

So rummaging through zap2it today I noticed something.

KBJR-DT3 which normally carries Decades from midnight to 6PM daily (sometimes the whole weekend) and My Network/syndicated shows/local sports the other times is possibly switching to H&I on 3/27 per zap2it. They would still have the My/syndicated/sports stuff at night but H&I would be in place of Decades the other times.

I guess we will have to wait and see........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page