Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 4859 Old 08-03-2004, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there anything you can actually order on 701?

Some areas had a temporary HD PPV for the Tyson fight, which perhaps is what you are seeing. If there is nothing to order (except for the Tyson fight), it will probably disappear soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #213 of 4859 Old 08-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I am sure looking forward to MoXI being implemented - the sooner, the better! Just leaving DISH after 7 years - this present Comcast Guide is TERRIBLE! I HATE IT! Anything without ads would be an improvement.
Now, about HD, any solid rumors as to what we can expect next from our local Comcast in HD? I sure hope they can get something settled with Channel 6, CBS before Football season starts. I would sure like to have the SCI-FI Channel and HDNET added. Looking forward to our FOX Channels going to provide us with HD soon - better able to really SEE my SeaHawks work their way to possible Super Bowl.

GOOOOOOOOOOHawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael
post #214 of 4859 Old 08-03-2004, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone with a Comcast HD stb getting the Mariners'/Orioles game on 788, INHD? My Moto 6200 is acting strangely trying to pull this in and it doesn't give me a picture, just the station info. Also, the "info" for the program on 789, INHD2, P.U.C. is in Spanish. The rest of my "info" for other channels is in English, as the setting should be. Just got home and turned the thing on, do I need to reset it?

Bob

OK, maybe the deal with the game is that Fox has rights to show it in PDX market and INHD is shut out here?
post #215 of 4859 Old 08-03-2004, 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cyberized
Now, about HD, any solid rumors as to what we can expect next from our local Comcast in HD? I sure hope they can get something settled with Channel 6, CBS before Football season starts. I would sure like to have the SCI-FI Channel and HDNET added. Looking forward to our FOX Channels going to provide us with HD soon - better able to really SEE my SeaHawks work their way to possible Super Bowl.

GOOOOOOOOOOHawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael

According to the Portland DTV thread, Comcast is aiming to have FOX HD and UPN HD up by the end of September. No one seems to have heard anything positive about the standoff over CBS, though I suppose it could happen quickly if the impasse were ever broken.
post #216 of 4859 Old 08-04-2004, 04:43 AM
Advanced Member

Is it that Comcast will have FOX and UPN on board by end of Sept, or that these channels simply hope to be transmitting their HD signal by then? My reading of R11's post from Ed Williams of Fox on 7/24 unfortunately seems just to indicate that they hope to be transmitting an HD signal by end of Sept at the latest
I hope I am wrong.
I too am using start of football season as a deadline for Comcast to add CBS,FOX and I guess UPN. I realize that in KOIN's case it is a corporate issue with their owner, Emmis Comm, rather than a local decision
Michael

michael
post #217 of 4859 Old 08-04-2004, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by michael goldman
Is it that Comcast will have FOX and UPN on board by end of Sept, or that these channels simply hope to be transmitting their HD signal by then? My reading of R11's post from Ed Williams of Fox on 7/24 unfortunately seems just to indicate that they hope to be transmitting an HD signal by end of Sept at the latest

Darn, I think you are right.
post #218 of 4859 Old 08-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Getting closer to Football Season so I decided to write Channel 6, CBS, AGAIN - to ask that they PLEASE work out their differences with Comcast so we can start receiving CBSHD in our area.
I just received a very similar response as when I last wrote, telling e how it is NOT Fair that after CH 6 invested ALL this money in new equipment to broadcast HD that they do not get to partake in any increased revenue from it and that Comcast gets to charge us more and make extra money of the Broadcaster's investment. I wrote back and said "WHOA!" you mean that Comcast is making a killing charging us an extra $5.00 a month for ALL their present HD Programming and an HD Receiver???

Don't know if I'l get a response to that - will let you know how they answer that - IF they do.

I don't count on watching HD on CBS in our area anytime soon. Hope I am wrong though.

BEST 2 ALL! Michael
post #219 of 4859 Old 08-09-2004, 05:29 PM

ACK!!!!!! Come on KATU, get your Monday Night Football switched to HD. ARGH!!
post #220 of 4859 Old 08-09-2004, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

I just called them and they say "it's broke"!!!!

Bob
post #221 of 4859 Old 08-09-2004, 06:55 PM

They finally got it "fixed"
post #222 of 4859 Old 08-12-2004, 03:22 PM

Hi all,

Decided to try Comcast HDTV instead of my OTA setup.

The Comcast installer(nice fellow actually) just left after 'attempting' to install a Moto 6200. Tried to use the DVI cable that I currently use with my Samsung 165 (works fine at 1080i). When we tried to get the Moto unit to output 1080i the screen goes wacko. I have a Philips 60PP9502 RPTV.

It would only work at 480p. He talked for an hour to other Comcast folks but could not get 1080i to work, even tried 2 different units. It worked using the component cables but then I'd lose my DVD hookup.

Any ideas,

Thanks,

Chuck
post #223 of 4859 Old 08-12-2004, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Chuck: That's disconcerting news. I just ordered a DVI cable online as I ran out of component inputs on my Sony RPTV. (Gotta keep a set for OTA until KOIN and Fox are on Comcast.) I have read on other threads how the DVI is working (for some, anyway) for those who have software version 7.15, which is what I am running on my Moto 6200. Have you seen the info at this site? http://cjhengineering.com/hdtv/cable...ctfirmware.htm

I have found it very helpful as the installer who dropped of my Moto didn't also leave a manual.

Bob
post #224 of 4859 Old 08-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

NIKEMAN - Did he try hooking the 6200 up via a Component Cable and leave your Sammy on the DVI? Mine is working FINE using Component connection and from what I hear the difference - if any - is almost or is non-existent.

BEST of Luck with it! Michael
post #225 of 4859 Old 08-12-2004, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
yeah in atlanta and 7.15 firmware totally destroyed my DVI output tonight when i got the download.
post #226 of 4859 Old 08-18-2004, 04:49 PM

Does Comcast have a webpage that talks about local upcoming changes to its service? I found the comcastnw page, but it doesn't seem to be updated very often.

Thanks!
post #227 of 4859 Old 08-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Devlin
I am not aware of any good places to get accurate updates of plans for new service changes in our area.
The big issue is of course the addition of Fox and CBS. In the case of CBS HD, KOIN is owned by Emmis and so it is not a local issue as to when an agreement for carriage can and will be reached. They still want Comcast to pay for their digital signal and Comcast says no. I have better hopes for KPDX coming on board in time for their HD start, but time will tell.
In both cases it is becoming more important, at least for me, with the football season getting closer
As far as national networks HDNET etc, it is more of a Comcast in general issue, as it seems corporate will need to make those deals with local areas following suit. There is a long thread in the HDTV programming forum addressing possible new additions to Comcasts lineup

michael
post #228 of 4859 Old 08-19-2004, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone out there connected their Motorola 6200 via DVI-D to a Sony? I'm having a hard time finding a DVI cable configuration that has the right connectors. The DVI input to my Sony KP-46WT500 is not the same as the Moto DVI output. Each has 24 pins in 3 rows of 8, but the blade orientation is differrent, as I look at them. The online Sony store doesn't carry any.

A cable I ordered from L-Com doesn't fit and I don't see any pictured in their online catalog (nor at some other sites) that has the same configuarations as my hardware seems to require. I've used the 2 component inputs on the Sony and need the DVI to connect my 3 sources (Comcast, HD OTA, DVD) digitally.

Bob
post #229 of 4859 Old 08-20-2004, 07:43 AM
Advanced Member

Hi Bob-

I have been told that the blade side of the connector is for analog transmission only and the 24 hole side was all that really mattered.

I had a similiar problem with a cable from Pacific Cables where the blade was too wide to fit in my sir-t165. I trimmed the blade down some with a dremel tool and it worked just fine from sir-t165 to Aurora card on pio plasma.

I was led to believe that the blade was totally unnecessary, but I'm not qualified to say that with any guarranty.

Lew
post #230 of 4859 Old 08-20-2004, 08:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Lew: The reply I got from L-Com was that they don't carry a cable to fit my application. The one I got is going back. They suggested I try CompUSA, RS or Best Buy. When I look at those stores, all I see are Monster sets that go for $100 bucks -yikes!

Hmmm, the ol' Dremel solution? Hadn't thought of that for this and I am very familiar with the approach. Think I'll shop a bit more before I resort.

I'll have to back into my internet history. I recall being at a cable site that identified specifically what each connection point on a DVI-D plug was for and see what it says for the blade. But some blades have pins surrounding them and, as I recall, this was a differeniating element for DVI-D vs DVI-I. I also thought the blade part and the holes that are on my Moto and Sony near the blade slot were more as guides (like on an S-Video plug), but those shouldn't be necessary with the screw-in guides like a SCSI connector. So, more research!

I appreciate your input, Lew.

Bob
post #231 of 4859 Old 08-20-2004, 09:00 AM

YEs, the blade side reports presence of analog/VGA signals, surrounded by up to 4 pins. The blade can be horizontal, or vertical. The mating side is usually a cross.

Mike

PS Pacific Cables is a good cable source.

M2 in OR
-----------------------------------
we live in interesting times
-----------------------------------
post #232 of 4859 Old 08-24-2004, 04:07 PM

I'm going to be picking up a HD box from Comcast this Saturday to add to my Limited Basic Cable Service ($8/mo. Cable + $6.45/mo. Box Rental) and I want to find out what models they are giving customers? Also, I wanted to find out if it will downconvert to 480i so I can record programming to my VCR? Thanks!

--Chris ^_^

--Chris ^_^
Portland, Oregon, USA | OTA / Frontier FiOS | 52" Sharp AQUOS LC52LE700UN | PlayStation 3
post #233 of 4859 Old 08-24-2004, 08:06 PM

Yes, it will downconvert to 480i while simultaneously feeding your PJ at 1980x1024!

ÂOutside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
post #234 of 4859 Old 09-02-2004, 09:18 PM

I hear Comcast has the NFL Network up in Eugene, anyone heard anything about Portland?
post #235 of 4859 Old 09-02-2004, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

It's on channel 147 but you need to be an upper tier digital subscriber to get it.

Oops 417, I meant to say.
post #236 of 4859 Old 09-04-2004, 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ridgefamus
It's on channel 147 but you need to be an upper tier digital subscriber to get it.

Oops 417, I meant to say.

I have a digital subscription that should include it but it's not showing up here yet. Not on the channel 2 scrolling program guide either.
post #237 of 4859 Old 09-04-2004, 10:04 PM

Re: NFL network, never mind, although I have all the exotic Fox Sports channels, I have an outdated subscription structure that did not include the NFL channel.
post #238 of 4859 Old 09-05-2004, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

I don't know wheter it will make a difference.
In fact reality intrudes and says it probably won't.
However with football and the new season about to start, I would hope everyone will bug Comcast about the addition of KOIN and KPDX Digital signals
Yes I realize , that especially in KOIN's case, being owned by Emmis, it may be a more national Corporate, rather than local issue, but I don't care. I pay my money to lthe local Comcast, and I want them to know, that if these are not added, it is not an idle threat to say that one more high paying subscriber will be heading to DTV

michael
post #239 of 4859 Old 09-05-2004, 02:48 PM

I tried to leave comcast, I really did. But voom came out here and because of their crappy sattelite position I can't get that either. At the time they were offering receiver lease for like $5/month or something. Can't do D* cuz I would have to buy the receiver and I can't afford that.

Looks like another non-HD superbowl. I emailed KPTV, we'll see what they have to say. I know that they probably won't tell me anything about comcast, but the fact is that they are not ready yet for DTV.

Emmis is a bunch of greedos man. I emailed them a few times over the superbowl last year and I got some very child-like responses. They told me that I should contact comcast and complain to them because it wasn't their (Emmis') fault. They told me that comcast was being greedy. I'm sure that as true, but we all know damn well that Emmis' greed is what keeps us from getting CBS HD. So I doubt we'll ever get CBS HD through comcast.

REVOLT!!!
post #240 of 4859 Old 09-07-2004, 03:13 PM

Hi all-

Oops, posted this to the wrong place, so here is attempt #2. (newb)

I am pretty new to the AVS forums and a new HD Comcast customer. I am trying to figure out some picture issues and thought y'all might have some tips. I am experiencing some pixelization on my set (Toshiba 51HX93) via the Moto 6200 HD box from Comcast, connected via DVI(issue also appears with Component outs). It happens randomly but there are two things that happen. On fast pans or quick transitions it seems like my set cannot keep up with the signal and I see pixels as it rebuilds the image. Also, every once and a while I will get a quick sound dropout and them an immediate localized pixelization on one spot of my screen. The spot varies. I have had a few Comcast guys come out and check the main line to my house and replace the main splitter. All my cables are RG-6 and the signal meter from Comcast looks great. Is this an issue with my TV? I have the Moto box set to 1080i as that is the resolution of my TV. I have not had my set calibrated yet but I am not sure this will help, although I will do it either way for the obvious benefits.

Thanks for any tips, I have really enjoyed reading this forum!

Brian Feller
Beaverton, OR
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page