Forum Jump: 

post #4801 of 8038 Old 10-05-2007, 08:14 PM
tji
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Obviously they don't monitor the digital broadcast. Anyone have a contact there to roust about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4802 of 8038 Old 10-05-2007, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How? Sound issues? I emailed Jim Steffey today about the audio dropouts, but didnt hear back.

Aww hell, I dont even have WWMT HD or WXMI HD right now. Both are offline via Charter here. Guess I wont be watching my recording of Numbers.
post #4803 of 8038 Old 10-05-2007, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Audio and video dropouts during Ghost Whisperer
post #4804 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone else on Charter missing WWMT and WXMI HD channels? Mine are still out this morning. QAM channel has no signal at all. Just wondering how widespread the issue is.
post #4805 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby Baker View Post

How? Sound issues? I emailed Jim Steffey today about the audio dropouts, but didnt hear back.

Aww hell, I dont even have WWMT HD or WXMI HD right now. Both are offline via Charter here. Guess I wont be watching my recording of Numbers.

I emailed Jim Friday morning because WWMT HD has been terrible all week (I haven't heard back). Two huge loss of signals during CSI:NY and lots of audio dropouts every 30 seconds during CSI on Thursday. Doesn't sound good for Numbers I have yet to watch. Guess I'll be watching the SD recording I have on an old Tivo. Sad I have to "backup" all WWMT recordings in SD to be sure I get the program. Of course what do they care, I'm still watching it.

Right now WWMT is back to the way it was 2 years ago, bad. Everyone that watches WWMT, please email Jim Steffey and copy the station manager and let them know about this. If we don't let them know they don't think anyone is watching and they won't care to fix it.

Scott
post #4806 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:

Anyone else on Charter missing WWMT and WXMI HD channels? Mine are still out this morning. QAM channel has no signal at all. Just wondering how widespread the issue is.

No troubles here (holland area), at least not now, didn't check earlier.
post #4807 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:

Yes to WWMT, no to WXMI. I tried rescanning for WWMT in GBPVR, and it didn't even detect any signal at all. (Still no luck getting ANY video QAM channels in WinTV, just the audio channels, but thats a diff issue) I do get WXMI QAM still, however.

A Charter technician was canvasing my neighborhood though, explaining that they are upgrading a lot of the outdoor coaxial cables, and doing general maintenance on the lines, so that may have something to do with it. On a side note, Thursday night, I didn't have WOTV, WOOD, WXMI or WZZM on ANALOG even, but had all the cable channels and WWMT. It was really weird.

[edit] UMMM....for some reason my QAM frequency for WOOD is displaying WZZM. I am getting WZZM on both 105.1 and 105.3, and that isn't normal. 105.1 is supposed to be WOOD, right? It was yesterday when I watched Leno...Apparently Charter is having fun messing with my mind...So, no signal for WWMT, and what is supposed to be WOOD is displaying WZZM's QAM. (Note, the normal frequency for WZZM, 105.3 is also displaying WZZM, so the channel is just being broadcast on both frequencies)
post #4808 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

cnut? Are you still out there?

Is there any chance that Charter is adding the Big Ten Network this year?

Three straight weeks of zero Michigan Football coverage on TV is seriously pissing me off. From the schedule I see, next week's game against Purdue is going to be on BTN too.

Is this channel only on the satellite services? (No cable carriage on Comcast or Charter)?

post #4809 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post

Three straight weeks of zero Michigan Football coverage on TV is seriously pissing me off. From the schedule I see, next week's game against Purdue is going to be on BTN too.

Is this channel only on the satellite services? (No cable carriage on Comcast or Charter)?

You got it. Comcast and Charter are holding out. listening to the game on the radio/web SUCKS!
post #4810 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSupreme View Post

No troubles here (holland area), at least not now, didn't check earlier.

Both still out here. Called it in, and "supposedly" they know there is an outage, and it would be fixed by 3pm. That didnt happen, but then again, I didnt press them for a day.
post #4811 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davi323 View Post

[edit] UMMM....for some reason my QAM frequency for WOOD is displaying WZZM. I am getting WZZM on both 105.1 and 105.3, and that isn't normal. 105.1 is supposed to be WOOD, right? It was yesterday when I watched Leno...Apparently Charter is having fun messing with my mind...So, no signal for WWMT, and what is supposed to be WOOD is displaying WZZM's QAM. (Note, the normal frequency for WZZM, 105.3 is also displaying WZZM, so the channel is just being broadcast on both frequencies)

WOOD = 105.1, WZZM = 105.3. I would say whatever work was done in your area is messed up big time! I would suggest calling it in.
post #4812 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 04:17 PM

hmmm, I don't have espn2HD for some reason (charter moxi) kinda odd how we all seem to be missing different stations.
post #4813 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post

Ya know, I hate missin the Michigan games too...but to be honest, there are too freakin many specialty channels already. I think I'm more ticked off that the Big Ten would jerk us around by putting these games on an obscure network (alla the NHL) than I'm upset with cable carriers. Worst of all, we are screwed because BTN gets either the second or third choice as to which games they cover and you know that they will take Michigan every chance they get.
post #4814 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ya know, I hate missin the Michigan games too...but to be honest, there are too freakin many specialty channels already. I think I'm more ticked off that the Big Ten would jerk us around by putting these games on an obscure network (alla the NHL) than I'm upset with cable carriers. Worst of all, we are screwed because BTN gets either the second or third choice as to which games they cover and you know that they will take Michigan every chance they get.

I understand what you mean. I just wish they were still on the "ESPN+" broadcasts that channels like WXSP or WXMI would sometimes pick up. I don't like the new arrangement at all.
post #4815 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

hmmm, I don't have espn2HD for some reason (charter moxi) kinda odd how we all seem to be missing different stations.

What time were you missing it? They were airing the same football game as ABC and it was blacked out on ESPN2 HD. Right now mine is still blank, but signal is at 99%, so its there, just blacked out. Someone fell asleep obviously.
post #4816 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 05:31 PM

Anyone know what the deal is with wwmt I'm watching via D* and the video for hd is terrible
post #4817 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 05:54 PM

WWMT-DT is an absolute mess right now. Tried watching some of last night's shows, and I thought that something was wrong with my Media Center PC.

I just switched over to my TV to try watching live TV with my antenna, and it's just as bad. Despite getting 98% signal strength, there's terrible pixellation and dropouts.

EDIT:
Anyone else notice that The Tube went belly up? I wonder if we'll ever get another 17.2 to watch?

http://www.thetubetv.com/
Quote:

Dear friend of THE TUBE Music Network,

We regret to inform you of the fate that has befallen The Tube Music Network. October 1, 2007 The Tube ceased its national broadcast.

post #4818 of 8038 Old 10-06-2007, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerbrad View Post

EDIT:
Anyone else notice that The Tube went belly up? I wonder if we'll ever get another 17.2 to watch?

http://www.thetubetv.com/

I hope not! Just say no to sub channels and give 17.1 100% bandwidth!
post #4819 of 8038 Old 10-07-2007, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If you're talking about WXMI-DT (17.1) then you don't have to worry about bandwidth if they add a subchannel. There is room with 720p channels to add a subchannel and local stations don't have the ability to throttle down Fox's stream, so you were getting 100% bandwidth from Fox. This is a unique feature of Fox's splicer system so the same cannot be said for other affiliates.

My posts are my own opinions and suggestions and do not represent those of my employer or other staff members.
post #4820 of 8038 Old 10-07-2007, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

It would be nice if Charter would fix WWMT HD and WXMI HD. Missed out on SEC football yesterday, and now I cant watch NFL today. Good job on fixing that programming outage by 3pm yesterday!
post #4821 of 8038 Old 10-07-2007, 10:15 AM

Well, if it means anything to you Kirby..IMO WWMTHD is almost unwatchable today with all the blocking...they had it going pretty good there for a while too..but last couple of days...ewww
post #4822 of 8038 Old 10-07-2007, 10:25 AM

wwmt is a mess on comcast too on the hd channel. Sounds like it's a station problem.
post #4823 of 8038 Old 10-07-2007, 10:25 AM
tji
AVS Special Member

For me, WWMT-HD is not at least not breaking up constantly (audio and video) as it was before.

But, the video quality is extremely bad. Static shots, like the line of scrimmage before a snap, look fine. But, as soon as there is any movement it becomes macro-block mush.
post #4824 of 8038 Old 10-07-2007, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by labba View Post

wwmt is a mess on comcast too on the hd channel. Sounds like it's a station problem.

WWMT has issues of their own, but down in this area, the QAM frequency that Charter sends WWMT and WXMI on, are not transmitting at all. Zero signal strength. Of course getting help from the nice lady overseas is impossible.

Oh well. Im sure the Lions will blow the game anyway. Guess I will just go outside and not put myself through the misery of watching them lose (in SD).
post #4825 of 8038 Old 10-07-2007, 10:42 AM
tji
AVS Special Member

Quote:

WWMT has issues of their own, but down in this area, the QAM frequency that Charter sends WWMT and WXMI on, are not transmitting at all. Zero signal strength. Of course getting help from the nice lady overseas is impossible.

That may be a local issue. I am getting WWMT via Charter. It looks bad, but it's getting through. WXMI looks good, and is working (at least it was 20 mins ago, I'm about that far behind real-time in my PVR)
post #4826 of 8038 Old 10-07-2007, 10:58 AM

I wonder if WXMI dropping its subchannel has messed things up with some of the cable providers?

Anyhow, WWMT-DT is still a mess for me. If I watch through the TV, I get god-awful pixellation and dropouts. Over my Media Center PC, the video seems to skip every second or two (apparently my PC is less tolerant of whatever causes the pixellation than my TV is).

I just got done sending my complaint to Jim Steffey. As if he cares about the HD feed...
post #4827 of 8038 Old 10-07-2007, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tji View Post

That may be a local issue. I am getting WWMT via Charter. It looks bad, but it's getting through. WXMI looks good, and is working (at least it was 20 mins ago, I'm about that far behind real-time in my PVR)

Oh yeah, I am sure it is confined to the Coldwater headend, at most, and quite possibly just my node, or a few nodes in this area.
post #4828 of 8038 Old 10-07-2007, 12:07 PM

WMXI working great here on directv, but WWMT is unwatchable and has been since yesterday. Good thing I have a waiver for the NY East feed.
post #4829 of 8038 Old 10-07-2007, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Agreed on WWMT. It looks just like it did during The Masters. Static images look fine, but ANY camera (or subject) motion causes worse than typical macroblocking. I don't understand how this can go on for days at a time. Does the station even have an HD monitor in the studio to observe the feed??

Whatever fixed it a couple of months ago needs to happen again ASAP.
post #4830 of 8038 Old 10-08-2007, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Got a reply back from Jim, sounds like equipment problems but it should be fixed now.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page