Grand Rapids, MI - HDTV - Page 273 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #8161 of 8165 Unread Yesterday, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Also after reading what GRjimbo did on facing his north I tried that and was able to pick up a very spotty 3.1(CBS) and 8.1(NBC) but I don't understand why it is facing the opposite way of the stations that it would then pick them up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8162 of 8165 Unread Today, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draht184 View Post
Also after reading what GRjimbo did on facing his north I tried that and was able to pick up a very spotty 3.1(CBS) and 8.1(NBC) but I don't understand why it is facing the opposite way of the stations that it would then pick them up.
You are probably getting reception off the back of the antenna, which may get you an intermittent signal, good enough if conditions are optimal, but not strong enough for reception all the time. Or the stations you mention are still broadcasting on VHF (3 is actually on channel 7, 8 is actually on channel 8) and the VHF element on your antenna is not as directional as the UHF elements.
post #8163 of 8165 Unread Today, 11:26 AM

I tried again to see if the channels would work this morning and they didn't. So I redirected it back towards the south and did a rescan and did not pick up the channels. should I try moving it further down in the attic away from the siding and shoot it through my roof instead of the siding?
post #8164 of 8165 Unread Today, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draht184 View Post
I tried again to see if the channels would work this morning and they didn't. So I redirected it back towards the south and did a rescan and did not pick up the channels. should I try moving it further down in the attic away from the siding and shoot it through my roof instead of the siding?
I know you don't want to put it on the roof. Is there a reason why? Mine is on the roof (tripod mount on a 5ft pole slpit 1:4) with a rotator (rarely use it. More for FM than TV reception). I'm not far from you, NE of Leonard & Beltline. You should be getting 3, 8, 13, 15, 17, 29, 35, 41, 43, 54 and 64 plus all their sub-channels.
post #8165 of 8165 Unread Today, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic26 View Post

I know you don't want to put it on the roof. Is there a reason why? Mine is on the roof (tripod mount on a 5ft pole slpit 1:4) with a rotator (rarely use it. More for FM than TV reception). I'm not far from you, NE of Leonard & Beltline. You should be getting 3, 8, 13, 15, 17, 29, 35, 41, 43, 54 and 64 plus all their sub-channels.
I was just trying to avoid having to deal with the mounting/sealing and grounding of everything(plus laziness lol). But I feel like that will be my best option. I moved it further down the attic and I was able to pick up 3 but 8 is still not there. But I guess I'll be giving the roof mount a try this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception