Grand Rapids, MI - HDTV - Page 274 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #8191 of 8193 Old 08-21-2017, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
For most of the summer I have been getting glitches on channel 8 and it has been getting progressively worse in the past couple weeks. I even lost it all together Sunday night a couple weeks back. I added channel 10 to my tuner and it is much better.

Optoma HD33
120" Elite ultra white screen
Denon 4311
INuke 3000
MiniDsp 2x4
SVS PB12 plus/2 & (2) SI HT18 in miniMartys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8192 of 8193 Old 08-25-2017, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
I am seeing the same issue with WOOD TV via Charter. It has been going on for more than a week. Recordings of The Wall, AGT, and live viewing of American Ninja Warrior all had it. The text for the trivia questions is virtually unreadable during The Wall.

Does this happen OTA as well?

EDIT: I take back my statement that it only happens on WOOD TV. The difference is obvious when switching back and forth between WOTV and WZZM (same content - LLWS documentary). WOTV looks like it is severely bandwidth-limited.
Yes it does OTA. It completely went blank for about 5 seconds and my wife actually thought the TV was on the fritz. Channel 8.
post #8193 of 8193 Old 08-25-2017, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
Looks like that antenna should be able to handle all the locals. I know channel 13 (Could be an issue picking that up) is to the north and most of the other ones are to the south. I just looked up the antenna on Amazon and it says that it is 4K ready LOL. I don't think any of our stations are 4K ready for a long time!
I believe the 4K antenna as much as the "digital antenna". I'm still using a 22 year old medium size antenna that pulls in all the GR TV channels, FM and FM-HD. I use a rotator, but rarely. I do NOT LIKE ladders and I owned it from our last home in RI, I had the guy put it up just in case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page