I did the same thing as Kevin, changed the splitters to 2 gig and added a bi direction amplifier. No trouble at all with digital channels. I put the amplifier on the incoming line before the 4 way splitter. The 3250 has a service mode where you can see the signal strength the box is receiving. I adjusted the amp so the box received +12db. Over amplifying the signal causes problems too.
Here is a link to thread on the 3250, for those that haven't seen it yet.http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...l&pagenumber=8
From the 3250 thread.
To get into diagnostics screens:
1. Press and hold the Enter button (the button in the middle of the arrow buttons) on the box (on the box, not the remote)
2. After about 5 seconds the mail light will come on
3. Let go of the Enter button
4. Press the Info button (again, on the box, not the remote)
5. A diagnostic screen will come on
6. Press page down (Page -) and page up (Page +) on the remote to scroll through the pages
The above is for boxes running the SciAtl interface. There's a different method for boxes running Pioneer Passport.
Some of the more usefull info includes signal quality measurements ... signal level, S/N ratio, errors per second, etc.