New Orleans, LA - HDTV - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #631 of 8230 Old 08-25-2006, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
guys I'm not sure if anyone else can grab this but I am pulling in WVLA-DT out of Baton Rouge with my antenna pointed towards all the New Orleans stations! I live in LaPlace and have a CM4228 with a CM7777 preamp in the attic. This is awesoem to ba able to get an NBC! So rescan to see if you guys can grab it. Here's a screeenshot from a few mis ago. I only discovered this because I bought another hdtv, both my sammy and the new visio pick it up.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 8230 Old 08-26-2006, 09:29 AM

What channel(s) will the Saints game be on tonight?

Cox's guide says Channel 2, but I'd love to watch the game in HD.
post #633 of 8230 Old 08-26-2006, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAStarsFan View Post

What channel(s) will the Saints game be on tonight?

Cox's guide says Channel 2, but I'd love to watch the game in HD.

A Cox Sports Television ad in today's TP indicates Cox (HD) channel 752.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
post #634 of 8230 Old 08-26-2006, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEasyHD View Post

guys I'm not sure if anyone else can grab this but I am pulling in WVLA-DT out of Baton Rouge with my antenna pointed towards all the New Orleans stations! I live in LaPlace and have a CM4228 with a CM7777 preamp in the attic. This is awesoem to ba able to get an NBC! So rescan to see if you guys can grab it. Here's a screeenshot from a few mis ago. I only discovered this because I bought another hdtv, both my sammy and the new visio pick it up.

Congrats! As you can see here the CM4228 has significant side and back lobes in its pattern. These lobes are allowing you to pick up WVLA-DT. WVLA-DT broadcasts on UHF34 which does not have very large side/back lobes associated with it, therefore a minor change in direction of your antenna may effect your reception.

Given that this antenna has large side/back lobes for high VHF channels, you might also get WBRZ-DT (ABC 2.1) on VHF13.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
post #635 of 8230 Old 08-26-2006, 02:41 PM

Quote:

I do just the opposite in Slidell. I have my CM4228 with CM7777 out a second floor window pointed directly to the transmitter in BR for ch33 and ch44 and from where I live it is around a 45 degree difference for the New Orleans stations. The CM4228 picks up all the NO stations with no drops at that 45 degree misalignment. I don't have to continually turn the antenna.
post #636 of 8230 Old 08-27-2006, 11:19 AM

Well this was just strange to me to pick up the BR NBC as I've had this current setup for almost 2 years.
post #637 of 8230 Old 08-27-2006, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well this was just strange to me to pick up the BR NBC as I've had this current setup for almost 2 years.

I checked AntennaWeb.org and found that the difference in aiming direction for NO and BR stations is very close to 180deg for Laplace. The range, in miles, for NO was lower 30's and BR was upper 40's.

post #638 of 8230 Old 08-27-2006, 02:11 PM

Anyone having trouble with WWL 4.1 signal. I live in Metairie and signal strength constantly changing. This just started a couple of days ago. Signal strength settles about 85 but then dips back and forth sometimes going all the way to 0. All other stations signal strength are at 90 plus and not changing. This would almost rule out problem with antenna. Using DB-2 antenna and DTV H10 receiver for over the air reception. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
post #639 of 8230 Old 08-27-2006, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlegulu View Post

Anyone having trouble with WWL 4.1 signal. I live in Metairie and signal strength constantly changing. This just started a couple of days ago. Signal strength settles about 85 but then dips back and forth sometimes going all the way to 0. All other stations signal strength are at 90 plus and not changing. This would almost rule out problem with antenna. Using DB-2 antenna and DTV H10 receiver for over the air reception. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yep. Channel 4 has been in the 80's for me the last few days too. Normally 95-100

Jim
post #640 of 8230 Old 08-27-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlegulu View Post

Same thang happend to me during the game, I was watching 4.1 all day then when the game came on it went off and came back every once in ten miutes, while 8.1 stayed clear. I live in Gulfport 65 miles away but still no excuse to dip in and out like that.
post #641 of 8230 Old 08-30-2006, 06:48 AM

Liked: 11
Does anyone know when Cox Cable in NEw Orleans will be airing Fox and CBS HD channels on their digital cable service? Thanks!
post #642 of 8230 Old 08-31-2006, 06:49 AM

Got a new question, completely unrelated to my question above... Does anyone know if Cox new orleans has recently flagged any of their channels as "do not copy"? I have been capturing some of my favorite programs to my computer using the firewire port, and now it suddenly does not work for some channels, mostly the HD channels such as NBC, ABC, and PBS. Any ideas?
post #643 of 8230 Old 08-31-2006, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2112 View Post

Now it suddenly does not work for some channels, mostly the HD channels such as NBC, ABC, and PBS. Any ideas?

I have a similar problem with Cox. About a week ago WB-HD, ABC-HD, PBS-HD and WDSU quit working on my TV. These are unencrypted channels I receive without a STB.

Signal quality is low.

Maybe I need a tech to check my feed. Some of the analog channels are poor too.

Frank
post #644 of 8230 Old 08-31-2006, 10:18 AM

Anyone know if or when WDSU-DT is being broadcast. I live in Gulfport, MS and I can pick up pretty much everything but NBC, I read some posts saying it was down but I wanted to know if someone knew if it is up or when it's going to be available.
post #645 of 8230 Old 08-31-2006, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb1984 View Post

Anyone know if or when WDSU-DT is being broadcast. I live in Gulfport, MS and I can pick up pretty much everything but NBC, I read some posts saying it was down but I wanted to know if someone knew if it is up or when it's going to be available.

I have NBC-HD, but I have no idea when their transmitter will be rebuilt.
post #646 of 8230 Old 08-31-2006, 11:49 AM

Quote:

From all accounts they won't be back online transmitting OTA for about another year.

Jim
post #647 of 8230 Old 08-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

WDSU recently applied for extension of their "Remain Silent" authorization on WDSU-DT. They had it extended until July 2007. That should give you an idea of how long they expect to be down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #648 of 8230 Old 09-01-2006, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksPlace2 View Post

I have a similar problem with Cox. About a week ago WB-HD, ABC-HD, PBS-HD and WDSU quit working on my TV. These are unencrypted channels I receive without a STB.

Signal quality is low.

Maybe I need a tech to check my feed. Some of the analog channels are poor too.

Frank

The fact that you can no longer pull those channels in without using Cox's service leads me to believe that they may indeed have been flagged in some way. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing, as I have gotten very accustomed to capturing my favorite shows.

By the way, if anyone is interested, here is a link to the thread outlining the capture method: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...postid=3818890.

Does anyone else have any input on this issue?
post #649 of 8230 Old 09-01-2006, 02:07 PM

Hi I am Ted I live in Laplace I am an Ex voOmer (HD satt) my wine gate antenna faces New Orleans. I do not receive WDSU do to there transmitter down.. But I would love to get a NBC channel from Baton Rouge. I live on Ridgewood Dr; I am using a voOm satt receiver with the wine gate antenna. Any help would be helpful missing NBC HD programming.
post #650 of 8230 Old 09-01-2006, 04:51 PM

I haven't done any of that capturing stuff that was mentioned above, but my unencrypted local HD channels are gone now as well. I'm in Metairie. Same thing with a friend of mine who is in Destrehan.

I get no signal for all of them now.
post #651 of 8230 Old 09-01-2006, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgodfrey View Post

Hi I am Ted I live in Laplace I am an Ex voOmer (HD satt) my wine gate antenna faces New Orleans. I do not receive WDSU do to there transmitter down.. But I would love to get a NBC channel from Baton Rouge. I live on Ridgewood Dr; I am using a voOm satt receiver with the wine gate antenna. Any help would be helpful missing NBC HD programming.

My brother in law lives in LaPlace off of Fairway. He has a Rat shack antenna that faces New Orleans and recieves 33.1 (NBC) from Baton Rouge and at a good locked signal strength. Try a re-scan and see if you can get it. He could not get it months ago but recently with trying to get some Saints games in HD he tried a rescan and suddenly got it. What type of Antenna are you using? Any pre-amp? I have a CM 4228 with a CM 7777 and get all New Orleans and Baton Rouge channels.
post #652 of 8230 Old 09-01-2006, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoFishMan View Post

WDSU recently applied for extension of their "Remain Silent" authorization on WDSU-DT. They had it extended until July 2007. That should give you an idea of how long they expect to be down.

Well good thing we can pick up NBC out if Baton Rouge then. Must make advertisers from WDSU very happy......
post #653 of 8230 Old 09-02-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjso395 View Post

My brother in law lives in LaPlace off of Fairway. He has a Rat shack antenna that faces New Orleans and recieves 33.1 (NBC) from Baton Rouge and at a good locked signal strength. Try a re-scan and see if you can get it. He could not get it months ago but recently with trying to get some Saints games in HD he tried a rescan and suddenly got it. What type of Antenna are you using? Any pre-amp? I have a CM 4228 with a CM 7777 and get all New Orleans and Baton Rouge channels.

O k I will I am not sure I will take apic and post it for you.. BUT I just went to antennaweb and they said I should not be able to se any BR HD channels..
post #654 of 8230 Old 09-03-2006, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2112 View Post

The fact that you can no longer pull those channels in without using Cox's service leads me to believe that they may indeed have been flagged in some way. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing, as I have gotten very accustomed to capturing my favorite shows.

By the way, if anyone is interested, here is a link to the thread outlining the capture method: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...postid=3818890.

Does anyone else have any input on this issue?

Got some new info. I checked in my box's settings, and it turns out that the channels I was referring ton are now 5C copy-protected. This is definitely the cause of my problems, and may be the cause of some of your problems as well. Anyone know how to avoid this problem?
post #655 of 8230 Old 09-03-2006, 11:23 AM

Hello All, I'm getting constant drop outs with Charter's northshore feed of WGNO-DT. Sat. afternoon's games were very unenjoyable. They have continued today. Is it my feed, WGNO's, or charter's. Any help will be appreciated. David
post #656 of 8230 Old 09-03-2006, 12:16 PM

It could be Charter, because I really didn't have any problems with WGNO here on the southshore.

I really couldn't say, though.
post #657 of 8230 Old 09-04-2006, 12:13 PM

Are we talking about WGNO-DT. Because I'm having No problems with the analogue feed. David
post #658 of 8230 Old 09-04-2006, 06:24 PM

I'm getting my shiny new KDS-50A2000 on Friday and I've been thinking of how to get HD content to it. Does anyone know of a *local* Dish Network dealer with their own installers? I've heard way too many horror stories when people do it through Dish (or D* for that matter).

More on topic, anyone have Dish Net for HD? I'm sure we won't get HD locals for a good bit, how well do the NO locals come in on the Vip622?

TIA!
post #659 of 8230 Old 09-05-2006, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuskratt View Post

I'm getting my shiny new KDS-50A2000 on Friday and I've been thinking of how to get HD content to it. Does anyone know of a *local* Dish Network dealer with their own installers? I've heard way too many horror stories when people do it through Dish (or D* for that matter).

More on topic, anyone have Dish Net for HD? I'm sure we won't get HD locals for a good bit, how well do the NO locals come in on the Vip622?

TIA!

I have Dish Platinum. 29 HD Channels.

Plus The New Orleans locals Via OTA using the vip622. Works great, no complaints.

HD Locals Via Satellite are supposed to be up by the end of the year. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed on that one.

I Get the SD Satellite New Orleans locals and they suck.

I have had dish network for almost 10 years. I pre-wired my house before the installer came. It was a simple 18" dish with one Satellite location back then.

As far as local installers? I couldn't tell you. I call Dish and they send out whoever, I let them install whatever (upgrade new dish, new reciever etc) then I put it the way I want it when they're gone (If I don't like what they did) I pretty much use the installers as delivery boys for new equipment, not expecting much as I usually know more about it than they do.

I also pre run any new wires( If Needed) before the installers come so I don't have them in my hair all day. But that's just me.

Jim
post #660 of 8230 Old 09-05-2006, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOHDjunkie View Post

I also pre run any new wires( If Needed) before the installers come so I don't have them in my hair all day. But that's just me.

That's probably the best idea i've heard all week. The problems I keep hearing about are when they show up without the proper equipment or tools, or have no clue what they're doing. I guess pre-running the wires takes alot of their inabilities out of the equation.

What kind of antenna are you using to pick up HD OTA? Are you located in the city?
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page