Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #8221 of 8230 Old 06-26-2014, 07:44 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 63
New theme music and multi-colored graphics with overly large text boxes..
I thought I woke up in Indiana or something when I turned on the WWL newscast this morning . . .
wtkflhn likes this.

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

normal on a two month old set..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8222 of 8230 Old 06-26-2014, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post
New theme music and multi-colored graphics with overly large text boxes..
I thought I woke up in Indiana or something when I turned on the WWL newscast this morning . . .
You sure are right about the do not call list, not working!!!
post #8223 of 8230 Old 06-27-2014, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hoping it doesn't become a trend

I saw the previous night's newscast where a reporter explained the new graphics, including their subject matter color scheme for the short vertical bars between story titles. About the only use I see for it is knowing when a story is coming that might include footage of you or someone you know if you happened to be present when the reporter was there and a camera was rolling.

Otherwise, it's just taking up even more real estate on the screen, including the now-mostly-useless area remaining to either side and below. It also covers up any graphics already embedded in footage from outside sources, like the brief identification of someone being interviewed.

Remember the uproar over the ever-present station and network logos--which to this day often hide critical items on the screen because the photographer or anchors in the studio don't know where the logo actually resides? I wonder how much they paid some consultant to fool them into thinking this was something good for viewers and/or revenue?
post #8224 of 8230 Old 06-28-2014, 02:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Sounds like the graphics Gannett already uses in many of its other markets, including DC. I don't watch it.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #8225 of 8230 Old 07-01-2014, 01:54 PM

Hey WS. Sorry your having Sammy troubles. But your remark not to buy Samsung, threw me. Because I have a house full of them, including a 55in 3D set in the living room. Now don't slap me down for suggesting this, but that picture you're posting looks like the screen needs to DE-gaused. Maybe that's not true in this new flatscreen era. I'm not sure. I just wanted to make a suggestion. Shame on Sammy for not stepping up to fix a problem like this.

Don H
post #8226 of 8230 Old 07-03-2014, 06:04 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtkflhn View Post
Hey WS. Sorry your having Sammy troubles. But your remark not to buy Samsung, threw me. Because I have a house full of them, including a 55in 3D set in the living room. Now don't slap me down for suggesting this, but that picture you're posting looks like the screen needs to DE-gaused. Maybe that's not true in this new flatscreen era. I'm not sure. I just wanted to make a suggestion. Shame on Sammy for not stepping up to fix a problem like this.

Don H
I wish that was the problem. But LCD screens really don't seem to be affected by magnetism at all. The issue is very difficult to photograph. The picture that I posted makes it appear that the upper left area of the screen looks terrible too, but that is not the case. The issue is the dark spot midway up the screen several inches from the right edge. The technician THAT SAMSUNG SENT said it was bad and that the panel should be replaced. But he only has the advantage of seeing it it real-life. The Samsung techs in who-the-F-knows-where have said this is NORMAL. They over-ruled the service technician that laid actual eyeballs on the problem. Of course.. it's not their $3500 set . . .

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider

normal on a two month old set..
post #8227 of 8230 Old 07-04-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post
I wish that was the problem. But LCD screens really don't seem to be affected by magnetism at all. The issue is very difficult to photograph. The picture that I posted makes it appear that the upper left area of the screen looks terrible too, but that is not the case. The issue is the dark spot midway up the screen several inches from the right edge. The technician THAT SAMSUNG SENT said it was bad and that the panel should be replaced. But he only has the advantage of seeing it it real-life. The Samsung techs in who-the-F-knows-where have said this is NORMAL. They over-ruled the service technician that laid actual eyeballs on the problem. Of course.. it's not their $3500 set . . .
Is this one of those new, super TV's I've been hearing about? $3500.00? No wonder you're pissed! I payed about $2500 for my 55in, 3D tv about 2 years, and I thought that was a lot. I think there is a Sammy user group on their web site. I don't know if you can get in there and make some noise, but you might give it try. I would think they might block you but WTH, give it try.

Don H.
post #8228 of 8230 Old 08-29-2014, 02:39 PM

Question Carriage agreements.

Well folks. It should be an interesting weekend. On the one hand we have FOX8 in a carriage spat with DTV, and on the other, we have WDSU in a dispute with COX. Oh Dear, both agreements end on 8/31.

Don H.
post #8229 of 8230 Old 09-01-2014, 02:21 PM

Ok folks, from what I'm seeing on Facebook today, Fox8 has been dropped from DTV. No comments anyone?

Don H.
post #8230 of 8230 Old 09-01-2014, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtkflhn View Post
Ok folks, from what I'm seeing on Facebook today, Fox8 has been dropped from DTV. No comments anyone?

Don H.
OTA here, so not a problem.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page