post #9181 of 9989 Old 09-18-2011, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the local channel package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenninCarlyss View Post

Do you have a special package to be able to pick up KPLC? MY DTV tuner only goes down to channel 70. I do not pay to watch the national feeds.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9182 of 9989 Old 09-18-2011, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochase View Post

Got a letter yesterday saying they were on DTV beginning 9/14. They are there at channel 7. Still getting NY feed for CBS, ABC and off-air antenna for KVHP 29. Will 7 be the only channel offered through DirecTV? I've read on this forum alot about Fox 29 not on Dish, but I figured they would be on DirecTV since there was no discussion about them not available when DirecTV came on board with locals here. Any input?

I get Fox 29 at 95% and the Fox out of Beaumont at 80% with my $60 antenna, so not a big deal, but was surprised we were not given the local Fox and the locals out of Lafayette for CBS and ABC.

Looks like KVHP doesn't want to play ball with DirecTV either. Everything I've found doesn't list KVHP as available on DirecTV. I don't see any technical reasons why.
post #9183 of 9989 Old 09-20-2011, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
The countdown begins... The new season of Fringe starts Friday!

You never know where the LIMIT is until you EXCEED it... Dianne B. "Let's try that again... without the oops." (Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum in "Independence Day")
post #9184 of 9989 Old 09-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Woo Hoo. DVR already set!!

-ML

Knowledge is Power. Trust but Verify.
post #9185 of 9989 Old 09-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Channel 4.2 (Bounce) showed up tonight on my converter box.

There was no programming, just a blank screen.

They are getting closer.

R
post #9186 of 9989 Old 09-21-2011, 03:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmahon View Post

woo hoo. Dvr already set!!

-ml

Fringe -2...

You never know where the LIMIT is until you EXCEED it... Dianne B. "Let's try that again... without the oops." (Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum in "Independence Day")
post #9187 of 9989 Old 09-21-2011, 03:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv6 View Post

They are getting closer.

R

Thanks for the update Richard. I as wondering if they were going to launch the sub at the same time the network launched. Looks like they are.

post #9188 of 9989 Old 09-21-2011, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, when I got home there was some programmingon 4.2 with a BOUNCE logo in the bottom right corner. At 4:30, it went to color bars with a high pitched tone, and then went back to prgramming. Back to color bars a second ago, and now back to programming... They're making progress.

post #9189 of 9989 Old 09-21-2011, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

I have an interesting problem with the Closed Caption only on 12.3. There is something in the data that my Vizio just doesn't like. Every so often, and it takes awhile for it to happen, the black background turns white, and the text just blends in and disappears. A quick channel change up or down and then back cures it untiol it happens again. In a two hour span, it may happen once or twice and that's it. Weird.

post #9190 of 9989 Old 09-22-2011, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Fringe -1...

post #9191 of 9989 Old 09-23-2011, 03:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
FRINGEDAY!

Where (or maybe when) is Peter???

post #9192 of 9989 Old 09-23-2011, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I set the DVR to record Fringe... never seen it before. I usually don't watch anything on Friday nights as that night is usually where a show goes to die.
post #9193 of 9989 Old 09-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAhead View Post

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
FRINGEDAY!

Where (or maybe when) is Peter???

Baaaaaaad Robot!

-ML

Knowledge is Power. Trust but Verify.
post #9194 of 9989 Old 09-24-2011, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post

I set the DVR to record Fringe... never seen it before. I usually don't watch anything on Friday nights as that night is usually where a show goes to die.

So, what did you think? I know it's hard to come in at this point.

post #9195 of 9989 Old 09-24-2011, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenninCarlyss View Post

Do you have a special package to be able to pick up KPLC? MY DTV tuner only goes down to channel 70. I do not pay to watch the national feeds.

Gotta pay for the locals dont you?? I do on DISH (but I have the Houston locals...pay for LOCAL TV?? No way!)

Sorry folks for being away...been BUSY!! May be buying another company (for around $1-2mill depending on the banker)....so needless to say, I havent had time to be on here
post #9196 of 9989 Old 09-24-2011, 11:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv6 View Post

They are getting closer.

R

Well DAMN!! I guess Nexstar isnt dropping FOX on 4.1 (or maybe they will?) Noone from KBTV shows up at the SBE meetings anymore since Charlie passed and JC moved but you should have seen what Richard Rhodes, formerly Chief of Cumulus LCH, now CE at Clear Channel Beaumont was showing...HAND tightened blots on 3 1/8in flanges!! NO, they were NOT sealed...the bolts were handling the 33KW ground return of the line!!...and welded the nuts tight!! Richard R had to cut them with a grinder and then repair everything!! Well CC got a good engineer in him.....and if they had paid BETTER, maybe one EARLIER....wonder why Caldwell finally sprung with the extra cash...OH WAIT I know...92.5's old tower in Bridge City, on the land at Entergy's Sabine Power Station, got sold to......tada!!!.....American Tower Company!!

BUT WHY did ATC buy the thing???? Crown Castle has a 600ft on Duncanwood Lane, built originally by Elmo Mouton in 1983 when I was working for Richard K's ex boss, Harold Bartlett (Bart did the paperwork, etc on the tower install and he and I installed the 1st UHF repeater on it), and it has only 5 customers on their tower (including my ham repeater on 444.500!) and thats it!! WHY buy a 500ft stick in swampland that flooded 4 years ago with ZERO potential of customers?? Is there something wrong with this picture...or did I not drink enough tonight
post #9197 of 9989 Old 09-24-2011, 11:29 PM
AVS Special Member

BTW Richard at KFDM was talking about his IOT transmitter on 25 when they made the move...for those WANTiNG TO know about an IOT and how it operates, here is a great video from TheOnlineEngineer.org! Enjoy.............

http://www.theonlineengineer.org/v20...owiotwork.html

BTW they mispronounce Eimac's name...it is pronounced "I-mac" and they misspelled IDLE (they spelled it IDEL...hmmmm aint British...they called Tubes "Valves")
post #9198 of 9989 Old 09-25-2011, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post

Much like the red shirts on Star Trek Original Series (he's dead Jim) AND of course where did ST end up at its last two seasons?? Friday nights at 9PM!!
BTW if you want to really see some funny s....tuff , go to YOutube and search Star Trek bloopers.....and enjoy...one of them has the song "Star Trekking across the universe" as the video plays (some of them are GREAT quality but most ARENT..but still hilarious!!) Enjoy!
post #9199 of 9989 Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

4.2 is showing a movie this morning....Leslie Uggams (I THINK I spelled that right) is singing....NO EPG...SOOOO I am on the phone right NOW talking with a tech support supervisor at DISH....this is gonna be fun...I know more about this subject than they do...will see what reply they give me
post #9200 of 9989 Old 09-25-2011, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

DAMN IT!! I just typed a two paragraph post...and went to post it....hit the wrong spot on the touch screen of the laptop and I went to a Blue Jean Cable ad instead...soooo I tried backing up...NOPE!!! ALL the text is gone.....CRAP!!! I AINT retyping that mess now..I am too POed.....Not sure to blame AVS, the laptop, Windows (the likely one!) or my fat finger (cant do anything about that except.........OUCH put that grinder away!! )
Lets just say it was info on DISH little sidedance trying to get around my question WHY DOESNT the 722 OTA tuner show the EPG LIVE and not depend on the Tribune supplied crap which is USUALLY WRONG?? AND why do they bother putting the .2 and .3, etc subchannel EPG on the bird when THOSE subchannels arent EVEN ON THE BIRDS!!! AND the supervisor told me LCH is on the Eastern Arc thus nothing of it should show on the Western ARC for Texas and west...HUH?? THEN WHY does 29.2 EPG show and 18.2 and 18.3 but NOT 18.1??? For that matter (guess I AM retyping this after all!!!! DUH) why does it show 8.x out of New Orleans EPG??? What a maroon.....anyone got a backdoor number to a REAL tech person at DISH???
The other things I mentioned in the aborted text were concerning RF55 (which was Qualcomm's Media Flo for mobile TV which suddenly sold all out to ATT Wireless!!) and RF56 which guess who owns that??

DISH/Echostar....when CEO said during a Charlie Chat "we are sitting on beachfront property" the NAB went beserk and SCREAMED at the FCC and Congress WHY DOES A DBS company have a terrestrial channel?? OH the fun is just beginning......
post #9201 of 9989 Old 09-25-2011, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post

4.2 is showing a movie this morning....Leslie Uggams (I THINK I spelled that right) is singing....NO EPG...SOOOO I am on the phone right NOW talking with a tech support supervisor at DISH....this is gonna be fun...I know more about this subject than they do...will see what reply they give me

I think there is no EPG yet for 4.2 because the network hasn't officially launched yet... They don't launch until 11:00 AM CT tomorrow....

post #9202 of 9989 Old 09-25-2011, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

OH, and the new antenna Richard K had put up on 25 with the vertical component?? Dielectric/SPX discussed that at the last SBE Meeting (Richard, wish you would make them more often!!! I'll buy the beer!)..here is the presentaton they did on Horiz vs CP vs Elipitcal antennas...Verified work done by HAMS in the 1970s in California that did the exact same test on CP vs linear (V and/or H).....GEESH noone bothers to read history it seems...

WELLL I WAS going to upload the PDF presentation here but its too large...let me post it on a home.earthlink.net site and you can view it from there (its a 2MB PDF file...VERY imformative)
Your Dr in RF
post #9203 of 9989 Old 09-25-2011, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAhead View Post

I think there is no EPG yet for 4.2 because the network hasn't officially launched yet... They don't launch until 11:00 AM CT tomorrow....

Doesnt matter....DISH does that with a LOT of channels and most of the time DISH's OTA EPG (too many acronyms here! ) is WRONG....WHY dont they just let the TUNER get it from OTA??? Instead of wasting time and b/w on the SAT side to cram it down the rcvr at 3am?? DUH!!!
post #9204 of 9989 Old 09-25-2011, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Doesnt matter....DISH does that with a LOT of channels and most of the time DISH's OTA EPG (too many acronyms here! ) is WRONG....WHY dont they just let the TUNER get it from OTA??? Instead of wasting time and b/w on the SAT side to cram it down the rcvr at 3am?? DUH!!!

I'm not getting any EPG OTA either...

post #9205 of 9989 Old 09-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

DAMN IT!! I just typed a two paragraph post...and went to post it....hit the wrong spot on the touch screen of the laptop and I went to a Blue Jean Cable ad instead...soooo I tried backing up...NOPE!!! ALL the text is gone.....CRAP!!! I AINT retyping that mess now..I am too POed.....Not sure to blame AVS, the laptop, Windows (the likely one!) or my fat finger (cant do anything about that except.........OUCH put that grinder away!! )
Lets just say it was info on DISH little sidedance trying to get around my question WHY DOESNT the 722 OTA tuner show the EPG LIVE and not depend on the Tribune supplied crap which is USUALLY WRONG?? AND why do they bother putting the .2 and .3, etc subchannel EPG on the bird when THOSE subchannels arent EVEN ON THE BIRDS!!! AND the supervisor told me LCH is on the Eastern Arc thus nothing of it should show on the Western ARC for Texas and west...HUH?? THEN WHY does 29.2 EPG show and 18.2 and 18.3 but NOT 18.1??? For that matter (guess I AM retyping this after all!!!! DUH) why does it show 8.x out of New Orleans EPG??? What a maroon.....anyone got a backdoor number to a REAL tech person at DISH???
The other things I mentioned in the aborted text were concerning RF55 (which was Qualcomm's Media Flo for mobile TV which suddenly sold all out to ATT Wireless!!) and RF56 which guess who owns that??

DISH/Echostar....when CEO said during a Charlie Chat "we are sitting on beachfront property" the NAB went beserk and SCREAMED at the FCC and Congress WHY DOES A DBS company have a terrestrial channel?? OH the fun is just beginning......

Beaumont Pt.Arthur is on both arcs. Western arc on 129 for hd 110 for sd and 61.5 for hd. Eastern arc doesn't carry sd channel on locals if hd is available.
post #9206 of 9989 Old 09-26-2011, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

I am off on vacation this week and BOUNCE TV has launched with the first programming being the movie "The Wiz"...

post #9207 of 9989 Old 09-26-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochase View Post

Got a letter yesterday saying they were on DTV beginning 9/14. They are there at channel 7. Still getting NY feed for CBS, ABC and off-air antenna for KVHP 29. Will 7 be the only channel offered through DirecTV? I've read on this forum alot about Fox 29 not on Dish, but I figured they would be on DirecTV since there was no discussion about them not available when DirecTV came on board with locals here. Any input?

I get Fox 29 at 95% and the Fox out of Beaumont at 80% with my $60 antenna, so not a big deal, but was surprised we were not given the local Fox and the locals out of Lafayette for CBS and ABC.

Can't get the locals out of Lafayette if Lafayette doesn't even get them
post #9208 of 9989 Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't believe the EPG goes out that far via OTA so it makes sense to get all from the satellite stream. It doesn't matter what arc you are on. The EPG or should I say EEPG for DVRs is on both arcs and is the same exact stream. They put the subchannels in teh EEPG stream so people with DVRs can setup recordings all the way out. I think it's like 10 days of EEPG or so.

Think of it this way...if Dish didn't put the guide out that many days out on channel and let the tuner handle, then the TV station didn't run but say a day of programming in the OTA EPG, then you can betcha everybody and their dog would be complaining. So they feed the guide so everyone has a consistent experience with the EPG. I don't have any issues with the guide being wrong, no complaints here.
post #9209 of 9989 Old 09-26-2011, 09:58 PM

Any tropo updates...

Lake Charles's KVHP is taking a real killing over KFOL-CD (both RF30) from Houma, LA on a cable system less than 20 miles to the south east from their tower. Almost on a nightly occasion between fronts they have been knocking out the station to black (no signal decoding) and even on a few nights completely taking over their signal like tonight.

Just thought you guys in Lake Charles would like to hear that. By far not my best catch. A few weeks ago, I was able to pull in KCWX (RF5) from San Antonio.
post #9210 of 9989 Old 09-27-2011, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Channel 6 is going to run a special Thursday evening at 6:30 covering Uncle Larry's (who is retiring at the end of the month) "Life In Broadcasting"...

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page