post #9961 of 9968 Old 07-06-2014, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post
Anyone else hate the new software on the AVS page??? I had just gotten used to the old "updated" version...then they updated again...and now its worse than ever to find your last posts, etc...have seen several other posts in other forums saying they have had it with AVS and the constant changes.....cant say I blame them...no announcement on the upgrade and no info on how to use it right......

Hey AVS, try thinking as a USER and not a Admin....maybe you'll get the idea!

Yeah, I do... It has totally screwed up my Droid X and made it useless for posting on the forum. The "Active Topics" column, after a couple of minutes parks itself right over the comments section and I cannot move it... It sucks.

You never know where the LIMIT is until you EXCEED it... Dianne B. "Let's try that again... without the oops." (Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum in "Independence Day")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9962 of 9968 Old 07-09-2014, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, London Broadcasting is no more... I saw today in the Daily Digest that control had passed to KMOV (?). Just now, after the 5 PM news on KBMT, a new GANNETT graphic went up instead of the previous "London Broadcasting Company. Texas born. Texas proud. We are Texas".

You never know where the LIMIT is until you EXCEED it... Dianne B. "Let's try that again... without the oops." (Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum in "Independence Day")

Last edited by OTAhead; 07-09-2014 at 04:31 PM.
post #9963 of 9968 Old 07-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAhead View Post
Well, London Broadcasting is no more... I saw today in the Daily Digest that control had passed to KMOV (?). Just now, after the 5 PM news on KBMT, a new GANNETT graphic went up instead of the previous "London Broadcasting Company. Texas born. Texas proud. We are Texas".
KMOV was a Belo station in St Louis...Gannett had to spin it when it bought Belo..it set up the holding company KMOV, Inc...which it is using as the holder of the London assets. According to TV Technology magazine, Gannett now has access to 83% of the viewership in Texas...Phil Hurley, London Broadcasting Co., chief operating officer, will continue to lead the six stations. Hurley will report to Dave Lougee, president of Gannett Broadcasting. Non of the LDs that KBMT has been managing were included in the sale.
post #9964 of 9968 Old 07-10-2014, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

The apps have been n filed to transfer control of all ther LDs that London was programming over to Gannett...

post #9965 of 9968 Old 07-11-2014, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAhead View Post
The apps have been n filed to transfer control of all ther LDs that London was programming over to Gannett...
I think London will only be left with the Dallas station and they POed a lot of viewers there when they removed MeTV from it...KTXA 21 (CBS O&O) picked up Me on a subchannel not long after.

IS anyone noticing a signal issue with KVHP tonight? TV cannot see it...so took a look at it with the HT...the signal is there BUT very low....had to open squelch to hear the pilot (normally it is as strong as 27 if not stronger on the talkie).
post #9966 of 9968 Old 07-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post
I think London will only be left with the Dallas station and they POed a lot of viewers there when they removed MeTV from it...KTXA 21 (CBS O&O) picked up Me on a subchannel not long after.

IS anyone noticing a signal issue with KVHP tonight? TV cannot see it...so took a look at it with the HT...the signal is there BUT very low....had to open squelch to hear the pilot (normally it is as strong as 27 if not stronger on the talkie).
Well, someone must have pushed a button or something...KVHP is back to normal signal on the HT and TV.....time to catch SUV now..
post #9967 of 9968 Old 07-18-2014, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looks like the programming swapped between KEBQ and KUMY. Soul of the south is on 9 and vise versa. No clue if it is suppose to be like that or wires crossed?
post #9968 of 9968 Old 07-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesBros View Post
Looks like the programming swapped between KEBQ and KUMY. Soul of the south is on 9 and vise versa. No clue if it is suppose to be like that or wires crossed?
If you have ever seen the "studio" for both (in a warehouse west of MLK and due west of the Century building where the transmitters are) , you would ask how they keep the wires from crossing??

22 has its antenna tweaked toward Vidor (regardless of what the FCC database says) to get the signal to the DirecTV uplink which is at KBTVs tower. 9s low power and 3db gain antenna is lucky to be seen outside of downtown. I need to double check to see what is happening to both licenses..saw a note on the deletion of KEBQ a while back (and not sure why that happened!)....KUMY is illegally operating analog (they filed and got a digital license in 2012..MMMM so much for that!)...and they even ID illegal...oh well.

Edit: Well sure enough....KEBQ-LP was deleted on 6/9/2014...but reinstated 6/11/14..time for some more digging to see what happened...of course with the repacking (Which the FCC came out with the plan a few weeks ago....everything above 36 looks to be going away...and they may even authorize 37's channel space for wireless!! after DECADES of noone being allowed there for TV due to radio astronomy), the LDs (and what analog LPs are left) will have NO protection..and could be forced off the air if a full power or Class A station (CD in digital) decides to want their channel or adj or move where contours overlap...we can forget the idea of RF 5 and 6 being used to expand the FM band as a number of stations may chose to go back to lowband...if they do, the FCC will likely increase ERPs there...a lot of stations that left hiband for UHF do not want to go back...but may be forced to...I have a bad feeling that eventually there will NOT be any FREE OTA TV to watch...

Last edited by BPTTV; 07-19-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page