2Likes

post #9991 of 9994 Old 09-24-2014, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post
If the connections seem ok then likely it is the power supply going south.....it looks like the specs are 12V DC...I take it there is no way to check the PS with the antenna connected (via a T or a specially cut piece of coax which would give you access to the center conductor for VOM testing)?? personally, I would go with an outside antenna and a CM7777 amp...you would be amazed at the extra signal you will get...with a 20ft high mounted VU90 (like the CM3016), it was picking up Houston stations 90+ air miles away!Of course no reason to have a lowband antenna right now...but that change after the repacking depending on the market
OK thanks, I actually have a CM 3671 w/CM 7777 that is used for DXing. It's been so long since I actually had a closeup look at the 7777-is there a way to connect an additional coax to feed my non-DXing TV from the 7777?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9992 of 9994 Old 09-25-2014, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp11 View Post
OK thanks, I actually have a CM 3671 w/CM 7777 that is used for DXing. It's been so long since I actually had a closeup look at the 7777-is there a way to connect an additional coax to feed my non-DXing TV from the 7777?
Ahh if you mean is there a way to connect a second TV to the 3671/7777 setup, yes....merely install a coaxial splitter (rated at 50-900MHz) between the "DX" TV and the Power Supply that feeds the 7777...then use the splitter to feed a coax run to the other TV as well as the current coax to the "DX" TV...you will only lose 3db in signal levels....
post #9993 of 9994 Old 09-25-2014, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wanted to report KLFY is back to normal for me. Nothing I did...
post #9994 of 9994 Old 09-27-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Maybe KLFY was having issues...

KAOB 27.2's channel is screwed up (it always seems to be one thing or another)...they are running some John Wayne movies (Chisum is one) and the audio is HORRIBLE! When it has played before, it was ok...but the last two showings (including today) has hum and LOW audio level...the local spots have been better overall....but then the other subchannels have audio levels issues......

You would THINK someone would fix the issues (aspect ratio on 27.2 and the audio issues as well as leveling ALL the sub-channels audio)....its not that HARD....
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page