2Likes
post #9991 of 10000 Unread 09-24-2014, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post
If the connections seem ok then likely it is the power supply going south.....it looks like the specs are 12V DC...I take it there is no way to check the PS with the antenna connected (via a T or a specially cut piece of coax which would give you access to the center conductor for VOM testing)?? personally, I would go with an outside antenna and a CM7777 amp...you would be amazed at the extra signal you will get...with a 20ft high mounted VU90 (like the CM3016), it was picking up Houston stations 90+ air miles away!Of course no reason to have a lowband antenna right now...but that change after the repacking depending on the market
OK thanks, I actually have a CM 3671 w/CM 7777 that is used for DXing. It's been so long since I actually had a closeup look at the 7777-is there a way to connect an additional coax to feed my non-DXing TV from the 7777?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9992 of 10000 Unread 09-25-2014, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp11 View Post
OK thanks, I actually have a CM 3671 w/CM 7777 that is used for DXing. It's been so long since I actually had a closeup look at the 7777-is there a way to connect an additional coax to feed my non-DXing TV from the 7777?
Ahh if you mean is there a way to connect a second TV to the 3671/7777 setup, yes....merely install a coaxial splitter (rated at 50-900MHz) between the "DX" TV and the Power Supply that feeds the 7777...then use the splitter to feed a coax run to the other TV as well as the current coax to the "DX" TV...you will only lose 3db in signal levels....
post #9993 of 10000 Unread 09-25-2014, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wanted to report KLFY is back to normal for me. Nothing I did...
post #9994 of 10000 Unread 09-27-2014, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe KLFY was having issues...

KAOB 27.2's channel is screwed up (it always seems to be one thing or another)...they are running some John Wayne movies (Chisum is one) and the audio is HORRIBLE! When it has played before, it was ok...but the last two showings (including today) has hum and LOW audio level...the local spots have been better overall....but then the other subchannels have audio levels issues......

You would THINK someone would fix the issues (aspect ratio on 27.2 and the audio issues as well as leveling ALL the sub-channels audio)....its not that HARD....
post #9995 of 10000 Unread 10-05-2014, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Kfdm 6.1

Still seeing a LONG lag in decode on 6.1 when tuning to it...takes longer than 4.x or 12.x for the channel to pop up...wonder what is going on??

Also anyone catch that LONG dead air during the Cowboys game today?? With less than 2 mins left in the 2nd quarter they went to black and stayed there for what seems like 5+ minutes..and then 6.2 ran a promo for 6.1...about programming on Monday but the voice over said "Later today on KFDM" HUH???? Someone in Master Control was not watching what they were doing it would seem....(yeah I know the promo was probably loaded wrong into the server or automation...still..............)
post #9996 of 10000 Unread 10-10-2014, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post
Still seeing a LONG lag in decode on 6.1 when tuning to it...takes longer than 4.x or 12.x for the channel to pop up...wonder what is going on??

Also anyone catch that LONG dead air during the Cowboys game today?? With less than 2 mins left in the 2nd quarter they went to black and stayed there for what seems like 5+ minutes..and then 6.2 ran a promo for 6.1...about programming on Monday but the voice over said "Later today on KFDM" HUH???? Someone in Master Control was not watching what they were doing it would seem....(yeah I know the promo was probably loaded wrong into the server or automation...still..............)
I don't see a long decode delay here in Anahuac.

I stopped at KFDM yesterday to visit and found out that the dead air was caused by sun spots. CBS was supposed to program the satellite system to use the backup satellite during the time that the main CBS satellite signal was out during the sun spot activity. But they forgot to do so. And, of course, the backup satellite receiver was on the wrong channel (different football game).

KFDM and the CW cross promote all day long, so it is not unusual for a promo to talk about the other channel. All the promos (commercials for TV shows) are produced so they can run on either station thus saving server disk space. So, I doubt that this was an error at all.

BTW: All Sinclair stations, including KFDM/CW are programmed by Sinclair Corporate computers "somewhere out there" (I forget the exact location, but you can bet that it's not Beaumont, Texas).

Remember that all above information (except for the sun spot problem) is how things were done when I was still working there. Your mileage may vary.

R
post #9997 of 10000 Unread 10-11-2014, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Good to see you again Richard...the lag I see does not happen all the time...need to track it more but I see it as much as a 3 second delay before the screen shows anything...weird...I'll do some more noting..

In other notes:
The FCC issued its 3rd NPRM in the LPTV transition to digital...Amazingly, they "conclude" to put off the required move from September 1, 2015 to a later date but still require the Class As to move...also the sharing plan (yeah that will work well) would only "guarantee" a LPTV to have enough b/w in such arrangements for a SD channel..lovely...

Someone really threw the money around evidently....
post #9998 of 10000 Unread 10-12-2014, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Wow, the Trinity River sends Dallas' waste waters down and now they send the Ebola infected things down here..

http://www.watchfox29.com/content/ne...ZdRFlFgfg.cspx
post #9999 of 10000 Unread 10-25-2014, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

KEBQ showing same thing 4.2 is!

KEBQ LP9 is showing the same football game that is on Bounce on 4.2..UTEP vs UTSA.......

Wonder how they pulled that off..I have seen 9 cut away for some non commercial ads at times while the game is still on 4.2...so I am beginning to wonder....
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception