Lafayette, LA / Beaumont, TX / Lake Charles, LA - HDTV - Page 335 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
post #10021 of 10033 Old 04-22-2015, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE D-CO5 View Post
I actually get nothing now when I tune to 27.4 . But when I first tuned in it was showing something in Spanish.
It got fixed this morning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10022 of 10033 Old 04-22-2015, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Richard, are you on here??????
post #10023 of 10033 Old 04-23-2015, 12:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Damn, I thought I had 27.1 in HD......but its in 16x9 now...I'll see what I can do with the HD tomorrow (dont count on 27.2 anytime soon; its fed via a Sony video server and some of the stored stuff is squeezed already so shows that SHOULD be in 4x3 ARENT and you have to make the TV WIDE to see 4x3 ok!! I will try to fix that) OH wait, the sat rcvr is connected to the modulator by composite....CRAP!!! No HD there...I need to see if the Drake QAM box has anything other than composite in......DAMN DAMN DAMN!!! I was not thinking on all bits there (well did increase the bit stream on 27.1 to 4.5MB/s..it was 2.5 MB/s!! YIKES).....
post #10024 of 10033 Old 04-23-2015, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sounds like you are working on it . How about a stronger signal for 27.1-27.6 channels? I can barely get it to come in at around 70 and that is with an amplifier.

Last edited by MIKE D-CO5; 04-25-2015 at 07:05 AM.
post #10025 of 10033 Old 04-25-2015, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mike, yeah I am "working on it" so to speak.....

The xmtr right now is only doing 800 watts instead of its normal 2kw...some modules in the PA stage are down. BUT that's as far as I will go until the next step in negotiations is done

Hopefully it won't be too long before 27 is back up AND you will see some other BIG improvements. (HD on a couple of channels and WLS-FM on one sub...enjoy KCOL-FM your remaining days of being the only Classic Hits in town )
post #10026 of 10033 Old 04-25-2015, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

At 1am Sunday morning, the 26th, KBMT will be off the air for tower/antenna maintenance..how long?? EHH who knows...I will be taking pics and post some here and on the "I Take Pictures of Transmitter Sites" on FB..(now WHERE is that Zoom digital camera??)
post #10027 of 10033 Old 04-25-2015, 09:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post
Mike, yeah I am "working on it" so to speak.....

The xmtr right now is only doing 800 watts instead of its normal 2kw...some modules in the PA stage are down. BUT that's as far as I will go until the next step in negotiations is done

Hopefully it won't be too long before 27 is back up AND you will see some other BIG improvements. (HD on a couple of channels and WLS-FM on one sub...enjoy KCOL-FM your remaining days of being the only Classic Hits in town )
Will any of the improvements include PSIP data for 27.1 and it's sub channels? Presently I don't see any guide information at all and I had to manually add the station id and sub channel ids for all the channels on my DISH sat receiver. I thought all channels had to include this information by law?
post #10028 of 10033 Old 04-26-2015, 03:09 AM
AVS Special Member

LPTVs (or LDs in this case) are exempt from certain rules...so no PSIP is required....BUT that will likely change...with new channels in HD added, local ad inserts, etc....dont want to give it all away
post #10029 of 10033 Old 04-27-2015, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Cool yes????

Quote:
Richard, are you on here??????
Sometimes, but not often.

R
post #10030 of 10033 Old 04-30-2015, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
LPTVs (or LDs in this case) are exempt from certain rules...so no PSIP is required....BUT that will likely change...with new channels in HD added, local ad inserts, etc....dont want to give it all away
PSIP is required on all stations. Without it no tuner would work correctly. However, LD's are only required to have static PSIP and not dynamic. True?
post #10031 of 10033 Old 04-30-2015, 03:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Believe it or not, as best I can tell, the rules don't actually require LPTV to use even static PSIP unless there's a channel conflict with a full-power or Class A station. But so many tuners do unexpected things when PSIP isn't provided that static PSIP is a must for any station that wants to actually be viewable by viewers and cable headends.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #10032 of 10033 Unread Today, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 1
NBC coming to Lafayette LA on KLAF-LD 46.1 and KADN 15.2

Quote:
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana and IRVING, Texas (May 7, 2015) - Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. announced today that KLAF-TV in Lafayette, Louisiana will become the first ever NBC affiliated station in the market (DMA 124) effective July 1, 2015. In addition to NBC’s popular primetime and late-night lineup as well as high-quality sports and entertainment offerings, Nexstar plans to bring Lafayette area viewers new locally-produced news programming in early 2016. The new NBC affiliation and planned local news launch reflects Nexstar’s organization-wide commitment to broadcasting excellence for local viewers and advertisers.

Commenting on the new NBC affiliation agreement, Tom Poehler, Vice President and General Manager of KADN-TV and KLAF-TV stated, “We are looking forward to launching the market’s first NBC affiliated station on KLAF-TV which reflects our commitment to providing viewers with the most relevant, compelling and informative content and community-focused programming. For many years NBC programming has been segmented with three different signals that come from outside of our market. We are excited to announce this relationship with NBC and expand our commitment to all viewers in the Lafayette / Acadiana community by bringing an uninterrupted [HD] signal of NBC’s exceptional array of primetime programming, high-quality sports and entertainment offerings on KLAF-TV. In addition, to address the needs of our local viewers, plans are underway for KLAF-TV to debut entirely new, innovative local news programming in early 2016. We look forward to updating the local community on this initiative in the coming months.”

Julie Pruett, SVP Regional Manager of Nexstar Broadcasting added, “Nexstar and our Louisiana station operations are actively supporting the evolving needs and interests of our local viewing communities, hometown businesses, and public organizations. KLAF-TV will be our second local NBC affiliate in the state of Louisiana, and combined with the NBC affiliates in Baton Rouge and Monroe to which we provide services, will be a valuable addition to our strong footprint of local television stations across the state. With the combined resources of local station operations across five markets, Nexstar, Mission Broadcasting, Inc., Marshall Broadcasting Group, Inc., and White Knight Broadcasting, Inc. will provide elevated levels of community service by joining forces to deliver the most comprehensive news, weather, sports, and other programming that is relevant to these communities.”

After serving as a MyNetwork affiliate since 2006, KLAF-TV will switch over to an NBC affiliation on July 1, 2015, and will broadcast over the air on channel 46 and 15.2. KLAF-TV will also be available on all multichannel video programming distributors in the market offering NBC programming locally. MyNetwork programming previously carried by KLAF-TV will be broadcast on KADN-TV 15.3 beginning July 1, 2015.
http://www.cajunfirst.com/news/local...ving-lafayette

Actually, according to KADN's Wikipedia article, Lafayette did have an NBC affiliate - on channel 15 - from 1968-1975.

Quote:
Channel 15 in Lafayette was originally home to KLNI-TV, which operated as an NBC affiliate beginning on September 16, 1968. With ABC affiliate KATC-TV (channel 3) and CBS station KLFY-TV (channel 10) already operating, the Lafayette market was considered too small at the time to support three TV stations. After suffering financial difficulties for the few years it was on the air, KLNI discontinued operations on February 21, 1975, leaving WBRZ (and later WRBT, now WVLA) from Baton Rouge and KPLC from Lake Charles as the region's de facto NBC affiliates. The allocation for channel 15 in Lafayette as a commercial TV station remained after the demise of KLNI, but the frequency stayed dark for the next five years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KADN-TV

Right now, KLAF and its simulcast on KADN 15.2 are in 480i 4:3 SD. When KLAF is upgraded to HD, they should also upgrade KADN-DT2 to 720p so that the whole market can watch NBC in HD (KLAF can go the full 1080i).

Contour Maps:
KLAF: http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...=1502551&map=Y
KADN: http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...=1203386&map=Y

One person's craziness is another person's reality. - Tim Burton
post #10033 of 10033 Unread Today, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Awesome! So that's two more bitstarved HD channels on one stream in the market. I remember Fox used to be picky about not butchering their nice 720p stream but I guess that isn't the case anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page