Lafayette, LA / Beaumont, TX / Lake Charles, LA - HDTV - Page 337 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

Old 03-20-2016, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 41
KVHP FOX gets a new owner and a new operator

owner...America Spirit
operator..Raycom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2016, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Nexstar Invests in Lafayette Stations, Launches Local News

Starting tomorrow, viewers of Lafayette, La. Fox and NBC affiliates KADN and KLAF can watch locally produced news on the Nexstar-owned stations.

Since it got the NBC affiliation in July 2015, Nexstar has added news personnel, upgraded the station’s studios to HD, added a locally themed news set and updated weather forecasting equipment at the broadcast facility.

Monday, the stations launch a full day of local news programming with a weekday morning show on NBC affiliate KLAF from 5 to 7 a.m. KLAF will also do a 5, 6 and 10 p.m. newscast weekdays, a 6 and 10 p.m. on Saturdays and a 5 and 10 p.m. on Sundays. Fox affiliate KADN will air a 9 p.m. on weekdays.
http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/nexstar-...al-news/167307

James Calvin Woods - Son of Verta Jane Holland
Old 04-02-2016, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 9
From localclassictvfan on SatelliteGuys:

Quote:
Fact or Fiction: Lake Charles, Louisiana new CBS/ABC station KRDF

Call me crazy but I went on KPLC wiki page and then scrolled to the bottom and when I opened the "Television stations in Southewest Louisiana including lake charles", It showed the kplc, kvhp, the 19, 43, 45 and all that and I noticed one that had KRDF (22.1 CBS, 22.2 ABC). There is no page for it but someone must have inside information to put that down. Apparently none of us knew because it would have been posted before tvnewscheck got a hold of it. Interesting fact/fiction here...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3866192/

James Calvin Woods - Son of Verta Jane Holland
Old 04-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is up with channel 6 KFDM and their broadcast signal strength? I had been getting between 71- 75 and now it is around 61 - 63. It even drops out now and that is with an amplifier attached to bump up the signal. All other stations are coming in at 100 strength including Fox which is also run by channel 6. Recently the CW that was uplinked to DISH satellite for us to watch it in our locals pack, had trouble with yellow screens, and green screens and out of sync audio,etc. I wrote to the sat Locals guy for our area and he got back to me and said that channel 6 was broadcasting at such a low signal strength that even DISH had trouble getting the CW sub station to come in at enough strength for their uplink. They have since fixed this issue after I wrote ,but it doesn't explain why channel 6 is at 61 strength . Anyone know what is going on?
Old 04-09-2016, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
KLAF-LD not in compliance of license

The tower that KLAF is licensed to was dismantled a few months back. They however are still on the air with no STA filed that I can see. They are on the air from a tower about a mile away from their licensed site.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Well after talking to KFDM channel 6 engineer ,the signal is now showing 100 strength on channel 6 and at my dad's house it is up to 76 again. So the antenna broadcast strength has improved. But the Cw on the DISH satellite is now back to audio sync issues and yellow screens and breakups again. So I have to email the echostar folks again. Till then I will rely solely on the ota version 6.2 of the CW.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post
The Drake EH24A can do PSIP....the manual is a little confusing on the EH24 model....programming guide using the RS232 input shows PSIP selections and entrys for naming the channel....yet my USB to RS232 adapter is not working (thanks Windows and Prolific!!!) so I have to wait to test it using another laptop with XP.
Talked to Drake and yes the EH24 DOES allow 7 character naming of channels..NOW if I can get the RS232 input working..the software and USB-232 adapter is working but cannot talk to the shelf for some reason..

Also did some adjustments on the channel bit rates to minimize the studder on the channels...so far, seems to have worked....I have seen some frame sync issues....but will work on it
Old 04-29-2016, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Finally got it working... KAOB now has names on all six channels.. YEAH!! Next, fix the power output....hopefully
Old 06-23-2016, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post
Finally got it working... KAOB now has names on all six channels.. YEAH!! Next, fix the power output....hopefully
I noticed the labels are now on the channels , but I don't have any picture on any of them. Are they even on anymore?
Old 07-04-2016, 07:07 PM

Anybody have any info on channels 50-1 thru 50-4? They are coming up today on my scanning and I do not recognize them and haven't seen any station ID yet
Old 07-04-2016, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Possibly KLWB 50 out of Lafayette via tropo??

http://www.rabbitears.info/market.ph...n=Klwb#station
Old 07-05-2016, 04:26 AM

It's KIPS! I have not seen the station yet but only heard of it! Looks like they are coming in good and strong.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoesBros View Post
It's KIPS! I have not seen the station yet but only heard of it! Looks like they are coming in good and strong.
After doing some research today (and I have a feeling most if not all probably already know this) Back in February Abraham sold KIPS and KOPS-LD to Omega Media Broadcasting. I didn't start picking the channels up down in Groves until yesterday (July 4) afternoon and it is a clear 4 channels. Looks like older black and white shows or movies are being shown on most and infomercials on 50-4. It says in the article I read from February that plans for KIPS and KOPS are to have the stations program local content for the Beaumont market.
So with those channels looking like a legit stay and KAOB up and running full power looks like the Triangle has updated to 31 Digital Channels. Now if we can get an Antenna TV affiliate then we would be set!
Old 08-14-2016, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

I noticed yesterday August 13, 2016 that METV 12.4 is now broadcasting in 720p and Cozi tv 12.3 is now back down to 480i. Wonder Woman looked like it was in hd with no black bars on either side. It filled the screen like it was in HD. It looked like it was brand new. Even old Star Trek looked good. What a difference 720p makes on older tv shows. Metv is showing commercials that fill the screen too. I wonder if they had to go hd now that they are "broadcasting Nationally" according to their commercials. Either way I love the new resolution. I hope they keep it.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE D-CO5 View Post
I noticed yesterday August 13, 2016 that METV 12.4 is now broadcasting in 720p and Cozi tv 12.3 is now back down to 480i. Wonder Woman looked like it was in hd with no black bars on either side. It filled the screen like it was in HD. It looked like it was brand new. Even old Star Trek looked good. What a difference 720p makes on older tv shows. Metv is showing commercials that fill the screen too. I wonder if they had to go hd now that they are "broadcasting Nationally" according to their commercials. Either way I love the new resolution. I hope they keep it.
It was a planned upgrade by MeTV...they shipped new rcvr to KBMT a while back. To accommodate MeTV at HD,COZI had to go to SD...since none of Cozi is in HD anyway..and there is rumors Cozi may be dropped because no local ads are selling on it.
As to KAOB-LD, the replacement amp suffered damage after a lightning strike and the signal is back to 60watts out again. I could get them back to ~300 but the owner will not allow it.. actually, the owner's son, who is a total jerk and doesn't know what the hell he is doing.
KIPS is running as a Franken FM and filed to move to the old CC now ATC Devers 2000ft tower...trying to be a Houston signal...but at 3000watts ERP, that's not gonna work. Also KIPS got an indefinite STA to stay analog. That needs to be revoked. They need to be forced back to digital. I was hoping to get a subchannel and bring AntennaTV as well as PBS and maybe one or two more into the area. H&I would be good one since they have ALL 5 Star Trek series on at night in order..
MIKE D-CO5 likes this.

Last edited by BPTTV; 08-17-2016 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I noticed the labels are now on the channels , but I don't have any picture on any of them. Are they even on anymore?
Luken changed sats and the dish had to be moved..all is ok now with programming..can't say the same for the power
Old 08-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

I wonder since METV is now in hd , could channel 12 KBMT demand that the satellite companies carry it in their local packs now?
Old 08-18-2016, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I wonder since METV is now in hd , could channel 12 KBMT demand that the satellite companies carry it in their local packs now?
no because it is still a subchannel so it does not qualify for must carry.
Really the only subs carried are those associated with the "Big 6"
Old 08-19-2016, 07:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehonkey View Post
Too bad. What do you consider the "Big 6"?
Old 08-19-2016, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Too bad. What do you consider the "Big 6"?
ABC CBS FOX NBC CW MY
First four are pretty much guaranteed. The other two not so much but alot get carried
Old 08-21-2016, 07:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
ABC CBS FOX NBC CW MY
First four are pretty much guaranteed. The other two not so much but alot get carried
We don't get MY in our area , just the big 5 nets ABC CBS FOX NBC CW.
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Just an update:
KIPS got its application to move to Devers denied by the FCC...KOPS 50 has been off the air this evening...
And starting tomorrow the move for channel 36 from North Orange to the Mauriceville channel 12 tower will start. Eventually 36 will have to go off the air as the feed line then antenna are removed then reinstalled and that will be about a 2 to 3 day down time

More info as it comes down the pike
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The thing that pisses me off is even though MeTV is now HD, a lot of their programming is not and they merely zoom the picture to fill a 16 by 9. This can be seen on especially Gilligan's Island and The Carol Burnett Show where the top of the screen is chopped off a lot of times. They need to leave the old shows in 4 x 3 and not zoom the damn things..
Argh!! 😠
Sponsored Links
Advertisement