Lafayette, LA / Beaumont, TX / Lake Charles, LA - HDTV - Page 338 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 14Likes
post #10111 of 10119 Unread 09-10-2016, 06:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
I don't think you understand aspect ratios of film. Theaters are not 16x9 anymore so they have to put the bars on the movies so you see the entire picture. Just like how letterboxing was done on 4x3 TVs so you see the entire movie.
Either way I don't like letterboxing either. I want my screen to be filled. IF that makes me a hedonist , then call me one. The only time I let my picture stay with black bars is if it improves my picture quality on older sd shows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10112 of 10119 Unread 09-10-2016, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
I don't think you understand aspect ratios of film. Theaters are not 16x9 anymore so they have to put the bars on the movies so you see the entire picture. Just like how letterboxing was done on 4x3 TVs so you see the entire movie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image)
post #10113 of 10119 Unread 09-10-2016, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

For those who can get KAOB LD27, 27.4 has 94.7 WLS FM from Chicago on it for a while..Dick Biondi Sunday morning 7-11 and AT40 later on..

enjoy!
post #10114 of 10119 Unread 09-11-2016, 02:23 PM
Advanced Member

Speaking of KAOB , I am watching RETRO channel 27-6 . The picture is having digital blurring in certain scenes and it is random. I am also getting signal drop outs on the channel too. I get about 62 strength on my receiver. Might be related , but I wish that they would increase the strength on the signal and correct the blurring of the scenes.
post #10115 of 10119 Unread 09-11-2016, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE D-CO5 View Post
Speaking of KAOB , I am watching RETRO channel 27-6 . The picture is having digital blurring in certain scenes and it is random. I am also getting signal drop outs on the channel too. I get about 62 strength on my receiver. Might be related , but I wish that they would increase the strength on the signal and correct the blurring of the scenes.
Hope to increase power soon....As to the blurring, I am working on the ATSC encoder to try to fix that....hope to have it corrected it in the near future....

A poll for all, which channel is your favorite on KAOB?
MIKE D-CO5 likes this.
post #10116 of 10119 Unread 09-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post
Hope to increase power soon....As to the blurring, I am working on the ATSC encoder to try to fix that....hope to have it corrected it in the near future....

A poll for all, which channel is your favorite on KAOB?
Good news. So far RETRO is my favorite. I love all the old tv shows and classics like Mystery Science Theater.
post #10117 of 10119 Unread 09-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

While I am asking for more power and better picture quality for the KAOB channels , how come we can't get PSIP data so we can at least know what we are watching? What's more , where can we get guide data for the schedule of shows online. IS there a website with that information ? Metv has guide information online for all it's channels if you plug in the zipcode. Would really like to know what is coming on and when.
post #10118 of 10119 Unread 09-12-2016, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE D-CO5 View Post
While I am asking for more power and better picture quality for the KAOB channels , how come we can't get PSIP data so we can at least know what we are watching? What's more , where can we get guide data for the schedule of shows online. IS there a website with that information ? Metv has guide information online for all it's channels if you plug in the zipcode. Would really like to know what is coming on and when.
EPG (not PSIP) or Electronic Program Guide, is an independently provided system for LPs...they usually get it from a third party over the internet..and that cost $$...to see what is on the different channels, you can go to the providers web sites..

Hearthland 27.1
FamilyTV 27.3
Revn 27.5
Retro 27.6

I wouldn't look for it on any LP in the area soon..
post #10119 of 10119 Unread 09-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPTTV View Post
EPG (not PSIP) or Electronic Program Guide, is an independently provided system for LPs...they usually get it from a third party over the internet..and that cost $$...to see what is on the different channels, you can go to the providers web sites..

Hearthland 27.1
FamilyTV 27.3
Revn 27.5
Retro 27.6

I wouldn't look for it on any LP in the area soon..
So I know the difference between Electronic Guide and PSIP. Almost all ota channels give you PSIP data so you know what program you are watching when you tune to it. As for the guide data , I mean is there a website for KOAB that provides you the extended guide for the week you are on like Metv does , for each of the sub channels ? Otherwise I have no way of knowing what is on unless I sit there at the beginning of the show like the old days. So is there a website for KOAB or do you have to look at the website for each channel itself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception