AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkpm View Post
Hi Chuck,

Yes, I'm figuring out the new Anywave mux I got and how its statistical multiplexing works. I have 12 inputs: four inputs on the Comark mux that I feed its ASI input into the Anywave mux, and then I have 8 inputs on the Anywave mux. I know that I can do eight sub-channels, but then I wonder how well 9 or 10 channels would look. I'll be turning on more subchannels. I was going to move Daystar to a higher channel but then I found that some TVs don't automatically add additional channels that I add to the transport stream. I want to make a good impression on Daystar, so I think I may leave it on channel 3 for a while, too.

Blessings,
Keith
Whoaaa.... Keith, what did you do? Channel 3 now drives my Sony TV crazy! Once I tune to one of the sub-channels on 3, anyone one of them, the controls do nothing. The picture plays for about 3 seconds then locks up, goes to black for about 5 seconds, the picture returns and plays for about 3 seconds, locks, goes to black, and it goes on and on. I can't change volume, I can't change channels, the menu or any other button on the remote doesn't work. It's amazing. I couldn't even turn the TV off! The only way I could get out of it was to select an antenna that does not receive channel 3.

I tried my Dish DVR, Panasonic TV, Insignia Digital Converter Box, Eye TV on my Mac and my portable Axion TV... they are all okay. I wonder what's driving the Sony crazy? All of the receivers except the Dish DVR automatically added the new 3.5 and 3.6.

Chuck... I'm wondering if the experience you had with KTNC a week or so ago, might have been the same thing that I'm experiencing now. Does channel 2 do anything crazy to your Sony?

Comments on the content of each sub-channel: The audio level on 3.3 blows me out of the room! Wow! It's about twice the volume that it should be. As for video, if I leave my screen setting to "Automatic adjust to program source" 3.1 is now stretched, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.5 are all too skinny - looks like they should be 16:9, 3.4 and 3.6 are fine. Of course I can adjust the screen setting manually to 4:3, stretch, full screen, etc., but shouldn't the program source be set to do this automatically? There are other channels that have this same problem, as has been recently discussed with Escape, Grit, and some of the foreign language channels.

I know Ben commented on the loud audio on 3.3. Do the rest of you see the same video size problems as I do?

Larry

My complete SF Bay Area DTV Station Lists:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lots of Broadcasting links and information:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out photos and info on my antennas:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11102 of 11214 Old 09-03-2014, 01:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB1966 View Post
Larry, that is a fantastic website there! And from your living room? I really enjoyed it and it's worthy of bookmarking. Thank you.
Thank you for the compliment! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Larry

post #11103 of 11214 Old 09-03-2014, 01:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaveras View Post
I was looking at Larry's picture of the Sutro antennas with labels. I don't know if it's true anywhere else, but here the antennas with single channels have the best signals. For the two multi channel antennas, the lowest frequency channels have the best signals and they decrease to the highest frequency. KCSM is the weakest one by far, with KTVU the next worst. One might think that the higher frequencies just don't propagate as well but KBCW which is the highest frequency on channel 45 has the strongest UHF signal. KOFY might actually be the strongest signal but since it has to battle KUVS on 18 it's hard to tell.
Chuck
Interesting! Also of note, some of the channels on the single antenna don't operate with as much power as the ones using the multi-channel antennas. 20 is only 568 kw and 66 is only 370 kw. 44 is running 1000 kw. Those using the multi-channel antennas are mostly 1000 kw, except for 32 at 480 and 60 at 500 k.

Larry

post #11104 of 11214 Old 09-03-2014, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Kenney View Post
Whoaaa.... Keith, what did you do? Channel 3 now drives my Sony TV crazy!
Larry
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the feedback; I need it. I'll grab some resistors to go attenuate the audio on the .3. Actually, I'll go ahead and flip the satellite receiver back to QVC which has lower audio than Daystar.

Yes, the Anywave mux was going crazy because I turned on sub-channels that didn't have video connected to them. It is stable now, right?

Thanks for the feedback about the picture size. I have a Comark mux feeding channels 1-4 into the Anywave Mux that also has eight additional channels. The Comark mux has the following selections for 14:3 Full, 16:9 ANA, 14:9 L Box, 16:9 L Box, >16:9 LBox. I just now switched .2 to 16:9 ANA. Does this look better? I switched the Anywave Mux to Auto for all of the channels. Does this look better now?

Also, I'm experimenting with the bit rate of each channel. I have set the total bit rate (video + audio) for each channel to 2.35 Mbps and have set the audio bit rate to 192 kbps.. Does it look okay? The Anywave mux has statistical multiplexing and should boost the bit rate to about 3 Mbps for scene changes. I wish I had a Harmonic mux like KAXT has, but that costs a lot more, and has a lot better statistical multiplexing.

Blessings,
Keith
post #11105 of 11214 Old 09-03-2014, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Larry,

I'm not having any trouble with KFTY driving my Sony crazy but your experience sounds very similar to mine. The KTNC problem has not recurred.

Chuck

post #11106 of 11214 Old 09-03-2014, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the feedback; I need it. I'll grab some resistors to go attenuate the audio on the .3. Actually, I'll go ahead and flip the satellite receiver back to QVC which has lower audio than Daystar.

Yes, the Anywave mux was going crazy because I turned on sub-channels that didn't have video connected to them. It is stable now, right?

Thanks for the feedback about the picture size. I have a Comark mux feeding channels 1-4 into the Anywave Mux that also has eight additional channels. The Comark mux has the following selections for 14:3 Full, 16:9 ANA, 14:9 L Box, 16:9 L Box, >16:9 LBox. I just now switched .2 to 16:9 ANA. Does this look better? I switched the Anywave Mux to Auto for all of the channels. Does this look better now?

Also, I'm experimenting with the bit rate of each channel. I have set the total bit rate (video + audio) for each channel to 2.35 Mbps and have set the audio bit rate to 192 kbps.. Does it look okay? The Anywave mux has statistical multiplexing and should boost the bit rate to about 3 Mbps for scene changes. I wish I had a Harmonic mux like KAXT has, but that costs a lot more, and has a lot better statistical multiplexing.

Blessings,
Keith
Hi Keith...

Sorry to report that the channel 3 signal is still causing my Sony TV to go crazy and I don't see any changes on 3.1 or 3.2. 3.1 is still stretched and 3.2 is still 4:3.

Daystar looks sharper on 3.3 than it does on 3.5. The picture quality on 3.6 doesn't look that good.

Don't you have a monitor to watch and listen as you're making changes?

Larry

Larry

post #11107 of 11214 Old 09-03-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Hi Keith...

Sorry to report that the channel 3 signal is still causing my Sony TV to go crazy and I don't see any changes on 3.1 or 3.2. 3.1 is still stretched and 3.2 is still 4:3.

Daystar looks sharper on 3.3 than it does on 3.5. The picture quality on 3.6 doesn't look that good.

Don't you have a monitor to watch and listen as you're making changes?

Larry

Larry
Hi Larry,

Okay. How does the aspect ratio look now? I have cascaded muxes, so I wasn't sure where to set up the aspect ratio. It turns out that I need to set the aspect ratio in the 2nd mux, the Anywave mux. I changed the setting just now. I hope the whole concept of using two muxes is not flawed and is causing your TV problems. I'll go and reboot the Anywave mux to see if that fixes the issue.

Blessings,
Keith
post #11108 of 11214 Old 09-03-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi Keith...

You fixed whatever was causing my Sony TV to go crazy! No problems now.

About 6:24 pm I was checking through the sub-channels and everything went to black, so you still must be working on things. Both 3.1 and 3.2 look fine now on the aspect ratio. 3.3 is skinny and looks like it could be 16:9... but before I could go any further is when things went to black. I'll report further then things come back.

Larry

post #11109 of 11214 Old 09-03-2014, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Hi Larry,

Okay. How does the aspect ratio look now? I have cascaded muxes, so I wasn't sure where to set up the aspect ratio. It turns out that I need to set the aspect ratio in the 2nd mux, the Anywave mux. I changed the setting just now. I hope the whole concept of using two muxes is not flawed and is causing your TV problems. I'll go and reboot the Anywave mux to see if that fixes the issue.

Blessings,
Keith
I was going to add that 45.3 is squished but I checked DayStar on KACA and it is squished there too. Is that how it's coming over the satellite?

Chuck

post #11110 of 11214 Old 09-03-2014, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Whoaaa.... Keith, what did you do? Channel 3 now drives my Sony TV crazy! Once I tune to one of the sub-channels on 3, anyone one of them, the controls do nothing. The picture plays for about 3 seconds then locks up, goes to black for about 5 seconds, the picture returns and plays for about 3 seconds, locks, goes to black, and it goes on and on. I can't change volume, I can't change channels, the menu or any other button on the remote doesn't work. It's amazing. I couldn't even turn the TV off! The only way I could get out of it was to select an antenna that does not receive channel 3.

I tried my Dish DVR, Panasonic TV, Insignia Digital Converter Box, Eye TV on my Mac and my portable Axion TV... they are all okay. I wonder what's driving the Sony crazy? All of the receivers except the Dish DVR automatically added the new 3.5 and 3.6.
Larry
I just realized that my HDTV has a very similar problem sometimes when I switch the VGA input from MyHD driving to the HTPC graphics card doing the driving (Windows Desktop).

Winbook 37M1 - 37" LCD HDTV & PC/HD Monitor Official Thread

It does not happen every time but perhaps 75% of the time. It is a slight timing problem. I just checked and the Resolution is the same, 1366 x 768 the native resolution of my DTV. H. Sync 45KHz and V. Sync 57Hz are also the same.

There is NO DTV station involved. NONE!

Quote:
I can't change volume, I can't change channels, the menu or any other button on the remote doesn't work.
The button that switches to the HDTV's Rotten ATSC tuner works and then I can then select the DVI input for the Desktop which is solid and has the same timing.

The HTPC Graphics card VGA output is clearly inferior to the DVI output.

SHF

Last edited by SFischer1; 09-03-2014 at 08:01 PM.
post #11111 of 11214 Old 09-03-2014, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Keith...

I've been spot checking channel 3 off and on this evening after everything went to black, and at one point I saw 9 sub-channels. The color bars on 3.8 and 3.9 looked good... sharp and clear. I also saw intermittent programming on the other channels 3.5-3.7, but now things are back to just the original four channels 3.1 to 3.4.

I'm happy to report to you that the aspect radio is good on all four channels and the audio levels are good as well. You've got everything back in shape.

Larry

post #11112 of 11214 Old 09-03-2014, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

K03IC-D Full Stream Capture

Larry,

are you willing to do a full stream capture (10 - 30 Seconds) of K03IC-D using your HDHomeRun tuner?

RabbitEars does not have a TSReader scan for it. 30 seconds is about 75 MB.

http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php (Market 7)

KTNC's TSReader scan is outdated but I can fix that. The DB blue box to the right.

If yes when I upload the one for KTNC I will ask permission for you to upload it to his FTP server.

SHF

Last edited by SFischer1; 09-03-2014 at 11:32 PM.
post #11113 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 12:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1 View Post
Larry,

are you willing to do a full stream capture (10 - 30 Seconds) of K03IC-D using your HDHomeRun tuner?

RabbitEars does not have a TSReader scan for it. 30 seconds is about 75 MB.

http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php (Market 7)

KTNC's TSReader scan is outdated but I can fix that. The DB blue box to the right.

If yes when I upload the one for KTNC I will ask permission for you to upload it to his FTP server.

SHF
I'll be happy to provide a TSReader scan for RabbitEars. I have the program on my laptop and have provided several files to Rabbit Ears in the past.

I think that it'll be best to wait until Keith had finished adding the new sub-channels and gets things all set up the way he wants them.

I can get one for KTNC, too, if you want. We probably should send an update for KDTV and KFSF as well since they've added new sub-channels.

Larry

post #11114 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 04:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Agree. I'd rather get data for it when things are more or less settled as opposed to having to update it multiple times.

I'd be glad to have any other updates you want to send my way. I haven't had a chance to ask for them because I've been too swamped with work-type things and house-type things.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #11115 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Keith...

I've been spot checking channel 3 off and on this evening after everything went to black, and at one point I saw 9 sub-channels. The color bars on 3.8 and 3.9 looked good... sharp and clear. I also saw intermittent programming on the other channels 3.5-3.7, but now things are back to just the original four channels 3.1 to 3.4.

I'm happy to report to you that the aspect radio is good on all four channels and the audio levels are good as well. You've got everything back in shape.

Larry
Hi Larry,
I had to take out the Anywave mux. It was flipping back and forth between 29.97 frames per second and 59.94 frames per second on serveral of the sub channels. This was making my TV speed up and slow down the image and audio when decoding the channels. I'm asking Anywave for help to fix the issue. So, I'm back to just using the Comark Mux for the moment. Hopefully they can fix the problem soon. I did have 9 subchannels up for a bit while doing my testing. I'm hoping the picture quality will be okay to viewers with the 9 subchannels.

Blessings,
Keith
post #11116 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

RabbitEars TSReader Updates

Quote:
I'll be happy to provide a TSReader scan for RabbitEars. I have the program on my laptop and have provided several files to Rabbit Ears in the past.

I think that it'll be best to wait until Keith had finished adding the new sub-channels and gets things all set up the way he wants them.

I can get one for KTNC, too, if you want. We probably should send an update for KDTV and KFSF as well since they've added new sub-channels.

Larry
You are perhaps the best source for K03IC-D as it is so hard for most people (VHF-Lo antenna required). It may be just like KAXT-CD, just when you get it right it changes.

KFSF-DT KDTV-DT KEMO-TV KTNC-TV all need TSReader updates.

What I see on RabbitEars for KUKR-LD and KFTY-LD does not look right, I do not get those stations.

KKPM-CD is shown as the master station for K03IC-D, is this right.

Mouse Over shows most TSReader reports are from February of this year.

SHF
post #11117 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi Larry,
I had to take out the Anywave mux. It was flipping back and forth between 29.97 frames per second and 59.94 frames per second on serveral of the sub channels.
Blessings,
Keith
Thanks for the report, I think that may be what was messing up Larry's DTV.

KTNC may have been playing the same game and that was what his DTV problems were.

SHF
post #11118 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
Agree. I'd rather get data for it when things are more or less settled as opposed to having to update it multiple times.

I'd be glad to have any other updates you want to send my way. I haven't had a chance to ask for them because I've been too swamped with work-type things and house-type things.

- Trip
I see that many reports are in .htm format.

Did you for some reason wish the .ts / .tp files in the past?

SHF
post #11119 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Not sure if this might interest any here, but as I read more about antenna pointing and the curvature factor, I'm finding some neat stuff on the web. Figured I'd share in case others might find it useful:

http://www.extronics.com/media/10057...or%20final.xls

some good reading, at least I found:

http://www.afar.net/fresnel-zone-calculator/

http://www.connect802.com/height.htm

http://www.hamuniverse.com/lineofsightcalculator.html

Is there a recommended device or tool, something not that expensive, where one can measure signal strength and / or quality at the antenna, maybe even something with audio pitch? That would make pointing experimentation quicker and more productive...
post #11120 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:

SHF
Hi Guys,

Remind me how to record the stream from a TV station using the HD Homerun receiver. I bought one on Trip's recommendation, but I haven't started using it yet. I think I'll need to record the ASI stream to share with Anywave to aid them in fixing the issue with their mux.

Blessings,
Keith
post #11121 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Remind me how to record the stream from a TV station using the HD Homerun receiver. I bought one on Trip's recommendation, but I haven't started using it yet. I think I'll need to record the ASI stream to share with Anywave to aid them in fixing the issue with their mux.

Blessings,
Keith
Saving an unfiltered 30 second clip
http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/vi...hp?f=15&t=2491

I use two .BAT files, one for my main antenna and one for the UHF in the partial faraday cage (Metal Roof)

Quote:
REM FullStream1.bat Working 8/31/2014 15:15
REM
REM 1) Use HDHomeRun Config (GUI) to choose the physical channel.
REM Ctrl-C to stop after 30 seconds.
REM
"C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config" 1013024C set /tuner0/filter "0x0000-0x1FFF"
"C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config" 1013024C save /tuner0 sample1.ts
Quote:
REM FullStream5.bat Working 8/31/2014 15:16
REM
REM 1) Use HDHomeRun Config (GUI) to choose the physical channel.
REM Ctrl-C to stop after 30 seconds.
REM
"C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config" 101A7308 set /tuner1/filter "0x0000-0x1FFF"
"C:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\hdhomerun_config" 101A7308 save /tuner1 sample5.ts
SHF
post #11122 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You are perhaps the best source for K03IC-D as it is so hard for most people (VHF-Lo antenna required). It may be just like KAXT-CD, just when you get it right it changes.

What I see on RabbitEars for KUKR-LD and KFTY-LD does not look right, I do not get those stations.

SHF
K03IC is a low power station in Santa Rosa. There's no way I can get that one. The channel 3 on Mt. Tam is K03HY. I do not receive channel 2 from Mt. St. Helena, either, as I don't have a low-VHF antenna. K03HY is plenty strong on my high-VHF antennas, however the UHF S-15 pointed north for channels 22, 50 and 68 does not receive channel 3 well enough to produce a picture.

All of these new stations are owned by One Ministries, of which Keith is President and Chief Engineer. All have the same exact programming originating from a studio in Santa Rosa. KKPM 28 Chico is the main station, and all of the other stations translate the programming of it. The programming shown on the Rabbit Ears list is correct. When Keith makes a change in Santa Rosa, it changes on all of these stations:
2 KFTY Mt. St. Helena Vir. 45
2 K02QX Morgan Hill - not on the air yet.
3 K03HY Mt. Tamalpais - It's RF and Virtual channels are both 3. The Rabbit Ears listing where it shows Vir 35 is wrong.
3 K03IC Santa Rosa
26 KUKR Santa Rosa
28 KKPM Chico

After Keith gets his Anywave Mux working and the channels are settled in to what they're going to be in the regular format, then I'll make the TSReader files for Trip at Rabbit Ears. I send him .html files, by the way. I don't do .ts or any of those other odd type files.

I'll also do KTNC, KEMO, KFSF and KDTV.

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kenney; 09-04-2014 at 06:05 PM.
post #11123 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Not sure if this might interest any here, but as I read more about antenna pointing and the curvature factor, I'm finding some neat stuff on the web. Figured I'd share in case others might find it useful:
. . .
Is there a recommended device or tool, something not that expensive, where one can measure signal strength and / or quality at the antenna, maybe even something with audio pitch? That would make pointing experimentation quicker and more productive...
Interesting files. I tried the calculator but it said that I needed macros that were not loaded into my Open Office program. Did you try it?

I don't know of any device made for measuring TV signal strength and quality, except for what's built into TV receivers. Many Sony models offer both a signal strength meter in dB SNR and a signal quality meter in percentage. Most sets, however, only off the signal quality percentage reading. Some only show it in a bar format. The Home Run HD receivers show signal utilization, signal strength, signal quality, signal to noise, and more. See "Toast's" website for the readings from his Home Run HD that are constantly being updated:
http://ruka.org/~toast/atscdata/chart.php?c=7 You can view any channel on his site.
For more info on the Home Run HD receivers see the Silicon Dust site: http://www.silicondust.com/

Larry

post #11124 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 06:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Quote:

SHF
I'm also curious if my KAXT-CD data/lineup has gone out of date.

Quote:

SHF
I prefer the HTML files in most contexts, but there are two cases in which they don't give me what I need.

1) I want to know the range of bitrates that a variable bitrate station uses.

2) I want to get data about the Mobile DTV beyond the amount of data used.

I have a different utility that will do those two functions, but only with a full transport stream capture. Thus why I sometimes need the very large .ts files and sometimes I don't.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #11125 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post
I'm also curious if my KAXT-CD data/lineup has gone out of date.
They sell the airtime to the highest bidder like all stations.

I cannot say it is out of date, but in the past it has changed often and suddenly.

The cost is low but unless the person paying gets feedback that sales have increased the bill may not be paid.

It's like my request for Tribune Media Services to add to KTNC "thisTV" and "RTV" program listings.

As a direct result IMHO the streams were taken off the air.

If you have a Spanish sales staff how can you expect to sell local ads for English streams.

When the person contacted at KTNC asked the boss and the bean counters it was discovered that no local ads had been sold. One was gone quickly and the other soon after.

The English streams that I expect to remain are integrated with the main .1 stream which is in English.

The English streams that I expect to disappear are with main .1 streams in Spanish.

I have a pending request for Tribune Media Services to add "Grit" and "Escape" again to Spanish stations.

Time will tell.

Quote:

- Trip
post #11126 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
K03IC is a low power station in Santa Rosa. There's no way I can get that one. The channel 3 on Mt. Tam is K03HY.

Larry
My bad, There are too many K03xx stations that I cannot receive and have not memorized the call letters for. Same for the VHF 2 station to the South that keeps popping up:

TV Fool Google map
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=90

The first thing when I see a TVFool link is to extract the ZIP Code and enter it into "TV Fool Google map" and click "Show lines pointing to each transmitter".

Instant understanding where the viewer is and what stations are likely to be received.

SHF
TonyB1966 likes this.
post #11127 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Blessings,
Keith
As you may be moving around this may be of interest to you and Larry:

Silicondust • View topic - Two antennas in different directions
http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/vi...hp?f=15&t=8117

I do not think two is a limit.

With a Laptop, the HDHomeRun tuner and a connection to your vehicles 12 Volt system for the HDHR, this also may be of some use. I remember you have a mobile antenna.

Connecting the HDHR to a PC without a switch/router
http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/vi...hp?f=15&t=4088

I would suggest VLC Media Player if you have problems with silicondust's "QuickTV. It is what I use all the time.

SHF

Last edited by SFischer1; 09-04-2014 at 07:33 PM.
post #11128 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A USB tuner connected to a Laptop is likely the cheapest.

Be sure and check for a display showing signal strength and quality. The video and audio displayed at the same time is very helpful.

I cannot recommend mine as the software is defective but for antenna pointing it would do the job.

Be sure and avoid the "DTV Antenna Battleship Game", it is a game you will lose.

SHF
TonyB1966 likes this.
post #11129 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
The basic RCA DTV converter box sold at Wallymart has the audio pitch function. Demonstration of this is on youtube ...keyword "Converter box sounds like atari"
But that box fails in other ways ... so I don't recommend it .... No manual input scanning.
TonyB1966 likes this.

Last edited by 888CALLFCC; 09-04-2014 at 09:34 PM.
post #11130 of 11214 Old 09-04-2014, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up KQEH no longer marking 1954 programs as HD

I went to schedule Fridays programs to record manually because my automatic scheduling program would make the wrong selections and surprise, it made the selections I wanted for KQEH. Not 54.1 but 9.2 which was what I told my automatic scheduling program to use months ago.

Checking further I found that KQEH is no longer marking ALL programs as HD. Looking at TitanTV it appears that programs produced in 16:9 are still marked HD. SD only channel for sure so they are letterboxed. Schedules Direct and Zap2It appear to have no HD flags at all, it make take some days to see what the final result will be.

So you can get a 900# Gorilla (KQED Inc.) to move if you know where to poke.

SHF
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page