post #11191 of 11192 Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1 View Post
Is this part of why you have said, if I remember correctly, that "normal reception" occurs when the air is mixed up. As our normal weather in the SF Bay Area is to have a temperature inversion, we seldom have "normal reception" and in my case perhaps better than "normal reception" most of the time.
I have the opposite situation. I'm higher than the Walnut Grove transmitters. Although there is no steadfast rule when it comes to this, taken over the long term I have better reception from transmitters located higher than I am.
Salinas, Mt. St. Helena, Mt. Daiblo and Fremont are all higher than I am and tend to have more enhanced periods than degraded periods. Sutro Tower, Mt. San Bruno and Walnut Grove are all lower than I am and tend to have more degraded periods than enhanced periods.

But there are exceptions. KACA and KBTV now on channel 27 come in nearly all the time and both have short towers on the valley floor and are over 50 miles away.

KBTV is the biggest exception to my TV Fool report. It doesn't appear in the list at all which extends down to stations with Noise Margins as low as -33 dB.

Chuck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11192 of 11192 Unread Today, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I'm wondering if I can get FOX KCBA 13 (35.1) better with a dedicated high VHF antenna. I'm currently using a combo RCA ANT751, which gets channel 8 well, as that was my only goal in that direction. The reception of KCBA is not watchable at the moment, but it does have its promising moments. Yes, I get FOX better up north on KTVU, but it's nice to have another. Plus, KCBA carries different games at times, this last weekend SD & Seattle, as opposed to the Raiders...

Thoughts on something like a 7-13 Yagi (Antennas Direct or other) making a difference, or maybe the C5? FWIW, my neighbor seems to be getting it fairly well with a combo Winegard HD7694P...

The situation per TV Fool:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d24344cdac3547

Thanks for the input...
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List