24Likes

post #11221 of 11221 Old Today, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Kenney View Post
Sorry to hear of your poor reception, Tony. Your Y10-7-13 should definitely do better than what you're getting. I receive channels 9 and 10 from the Walnut Grove transmitter site 62 miles away with an average of 17-20 dB SNR signals (don't know what that would be on the Tivo). You need 15.5 dB to produce a picture. I don't have any amplification due to the overload problem from Sutro stations, but the antenna is about 15 feet above the roof or 35 feet above the ground.

My TVFool shows the stations with these levels:
KXTV 10 8.2 NM with -82.6 power (dbM)
KVIE 9 7.1 NM with -83.8 power (dbM)

Your TVFool shows that KSBW is stronger than either of those with 17.7 NM and -73.2 power.
KNTV and KGO are in about the same range for you as KXTV and KVIE are for me:
KNTV 12 13.4 NM -77.4 power
KGO 7 7.5 NM -83.4 power
so I would suspect you to receive reliable signals from both of them.

Your signal strength for KCBA 13 is quite low, with -9.6 NM and -100.4 power. I don't have any VHF signals in that range for comparison, but I get a solid signal from KEMO 32 with a 10 element UHF yagi (an Antennas Direct S-15) and, according to TVFool it has a NM of -12.4 and 103.2 power. KQCA 46 from Walnut Grove has a NM of -7.0 and 97.8 dBM power and it comes in with a 18 to 21 db SNR signal from the CM4228, again without any amplification.

Good luck! I hope you can find where the problem is.

Larry
Thanks much Larry. Kids are in bed, wife soon... I'm working on this now.

I have KCBA! Just playing with direction every so slightly... Signal strength is not great, but a solid mid 40's to low 50's on the TiVo, which "grades" hard. Very strong SNR's on the Samsung TV of 30 show up as 65 on the TiVo, for perspective. Indeed, I found SNRs of 16 to be on the cliff...

From my viewing chair to the mast on the roof is less than one minute, so pretty slick.

I have no idea why I'm not getting KGO (ABC) and KNTV (NBC). That said, aiming south gets me NBC & ABC (KSBW 8) and now FOX (KCBA). Even I were to figure this out and get KGO and KNTV, I'd probably decide to go southward anyways. Getting KCBA is pretty big for me as KTVU FOX is one of my tougher UHF gets...

Larry, I appreciate the support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page