San Francisco, CA - OTA - Page 413 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 60Likes

Old Today, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrummingdude View Post
I'm deep enough into G section that there aren't many heavy trees directly to my south, just a lot of (mostly) single story homes. I'll definitely look into antennas which are both UHF and VHF capable. I usually watch channel 7 news, so it's a bummer to hear that it's spotty. Thanks for the advice!
Here's your TV Fool report for your street intersection:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f0f9f9e2a445

There's a large area around this intersection where the predicted signal strengths are equal.

Signals are mostly weak but not impossible. Mine are weaker. It will require a preamp and a good outdoor antenna that's high enough to clear the trees. You'll need a notch filter for KRCB on channel 23 because it'll overload any preamp.

I wouldn't consider any antenna smaller than the Winegard HD7698P or the AntennaCraft HBU55. A good preamp would be the Clearstream Juice.

Cost:

HD7698P - $125
Preamp - $80
Notch Filter - $125
Coax, Mast, Mounting, etc - ???

Since all the San Francisco stations are 2 edge, I can almost guarantee you that you'll receive all the stations but not 100%. There'll be conditions where the stations won't come in. There's no way to know without trying it.

Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement