San Francisco, CA - OTA - Page 431 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 76Likes

post #12901 of 12909 Old 07-30-2015, 09:36 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Exclamation Channel 4.1 breaking up now

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeninsulaMark View Post
Anyone have a way to notify 65.1 ION that their signal is breaking up (like KNTV's signal has) ? SNR = 19-22, but intermittently "0".

Checked websites without success.

Now 4.1 is going bananas. Sound is often 10 seconds off video, video breaks up, signal gone, freezing, etc. Has been happening for 20 minutes. All other main channels fine.

Fischer ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12902 of 12909 Old 07-30-2015, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Now 4.1 is going bananas. Sound is often 10 seconds off video, video breaks up, signal gone, freezing, etc. Has been happening for 20 minutes. All other main channels fine.

Fischer ?
I checked KKPX when you reported problems and it looked fine.

I just started KRON RF 38 just now and it also looks clean. Unless I say some thing else consider my report to be "no problems seen".

Try sending a report to "alfred e neuman care of mad magazine".

SHF
post #12903 of 12909 Old 07-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Advanced Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFischer1 View Post
I checked KKPX when you reported problems and it looked fine.

I just started KRON RF 38 just now and it also looks clean. Unless I say some thing else consider my report to be "no problems seen".

Try sending a report to "alfred e neuman care of mad magazine".

SHF
REPORT SENT. Thanks. 4.1 is fine now.
post #12904 of 12909 Old Yesterday, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post
Last night i verified the flashing problem on my projector...same problem but no where near as bad. The problem is only on 6.1.

Does this happen all the time? I have not seen it anytime I have looked at 6.1.

What do you mean by "flashing?" Picture getting brighter and dimmer? Picture going on and off?

Chuck

Last edited by Calaveras; Yesterday at 06:53 AM.
post #12905 of 12909 Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxreactance View Post
I hate to bring it up because of my job(s), but I'm sick of DVRs, which are just inferior replacements for VCRs.
I've been a DVR consumer since 2001 with no regrets leaving VCR's in the dust. I find the use of a DVR to be much more user friendly than a VCR. Each of my disks are titles on the disk by the onboard software, then cataloged in a manually produced printout using software. A database can find any recording very quickly. Although, I too, wish for a huge memory storing single unit that could hold 500,000 gigabites of recordings, or more. That would be equivilent to over 10,000 dvds.
ellisr63 likes this.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #12906 of 12909 Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaveras View Post
I see all the sub channels are back on KTVJ and KFTY. Is this the weekend that KTVJ gets a new antenna?

Chuck
Hi Chuck,

Things have been busy for me, but we will get the antennas changed out for KTVJ-LD soon. I did get the figerglass supports to help give rigidity to the antennas. I have the LMR-400 and connectors and stripper tools in my car to make up the new cables. Hopefully today I can bring them into to work and make up the cables needed for the KTVJ-LD antennas using a network analyzer.

I did have some good fortune to be able to sell another Anchorage, AK, LPTV permit (this on is on channel 32, and the previous sale was for Anchorage 24). The $20k that we're getting for the permit is helping purchase another Anywave transmitter for our network that is already on order. There is a problem with K02QX-D where we are not up to full power. We'll have that fixed soon with the new transmiter.

Blessings,
Keith
post #12907 of 12909 Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaveras View Post
Does this happen all the time? I have not seen it anytime I have looked at 6.1.

What do you mean by "flashing?" Picture getting brighter and dimmer? Picture going on and off?

Chuck
It is happening pretty often. If I pause and then restart the picture it appears the picture is going on and off. On our projector it is just like a jitter. I was wondering if a jitter could be causing the problem on the TV when it upscales to 4k?

I have tried it on 6.4 and I saw it happen once or twice. I live in Concord and I am using a rooftop antenna.

Krell Showcase 7.1, (3) JBL 2360As/EV DHA-1s, (3) 1/4 Pie bass bins, (3) Balanced MiniDSP 2x4s, (2) JBL 8340As,  PS3, XBox 360, (2) Intel NUCs, Blue Jeans 7.1 Cables, Redmere HDMI cables, Monster HTPS7000, 2 DTS-10 subs, Panasonic AE8000, SeymourAV 180 (195" diagonal) scope screen, Darbee Darcet, (1) Yamaha P7000s, (1) Yamaha XM-4080, (1) Sherbourne 5/1500, (1) Lexicon NT-512, MiniDSP DDRC-88A, and an Oppo 103.
The Ellis Family Go Big or go Home HT
post #12908 of 12909 Old Today, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Question Info please on CTV Channel 1.8

How does one find out the strength, resolution, # of viewers, coverage, etc. of any channel, but specifically 1.8 ?
post #12909 of 12909 Old Today, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
How does one find out the strength, resolution, # of viewers, coverage, etc. of any channel, but specifically 1.8 ?

I'm not sure what you're really asking but.....

Strength - If your TV doesn't tell you then you need special test equipment like a spectrum analyzer.

Resolution - You TV will tell you that.

# of viewers - Who knows?

Coverage - All sub channels of KAXT have the same coverage. Go to the FCC TV Query to find a coverage map.

https://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/tv-...station-search

Except that the coverage map is incorrect for KAXT in the FCC database. It says a directional antenna and then plots an omni which I know isn't right.

Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception