Updated Schedule Based on Previous Information and the Following Links:http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...#comment-41040http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...#comment-41047
Note: Schedule is Subject to Change by ComcastPhase 1 - New OnScreen Guide
Houston: March 1, 2011 - April 15, 2011
All SA/Cisco Markets: May 2010 - ?
Started with Connecticut - May 2010Phase 1 - XFINITY: World of More
Houston: January 25, 2011 - up to a year (early 2012)Software Patch
October 2011 - December 2011
Some of the significant customer-impacting items addressed in the upcoming software patch include:
1. Truncated DVR Recordings - Some customers are experiencing DVR recordings that end early or are being significantly cut off
2. Not Authorized message on a HD Channel - Some customers may have seen a Not Authorized overlay occasionally on authorized HD channels that they are in fact authorized to watch.
3. Pass Through available as a HD resolution option via the HD Wizard screen.Comcast is planning to merge the phases 2 and 3 into an accelerated single guide release; that is being discussed and worked on now.
That would then deliver more features at one time; the interactive television features (Caller ID to TV, HSN Shop By Remote, Ready Remind Record and Request For Information), plus My DVR Manager (the ability to schedule your DVR from a PC, laptop or other internet connected device) and the Xfinity TV app.
Comcast is targeting that release to be available in mid-2012.Phase 2 - New OnScreen Guide with Interactive Features
Starting with Connecticut and Mississippi
Phase two includes iTV (interactive TV applications) including Caller ID to the TV and PC, HSN Shop by Remote, Ready Remind Record and Request for Information applications, all of which are available now in our Motorola markets.
More information on these features can be found below:
Universal Caller ID: http://www.comcast.net/callerid/
Shop-by-Remote: A convenient, new way to make HSN purchases?simply by using your remote.http://www.comcast.net/newguide/iTV_...emote_0110.pdf
Request for Info: Know more?save more! Introducing an easy way to request valuable coupons and info from advertisers?simply by using your remote.http://www.comcast.net/newguide/iTV%...nformation.pdf
Ready Remind and Ready Record: Now you can conveniently set program reminders or recordings directly from certain TV show and movie advertisements.http://www.comcast.net/newguide/iTV%...d%20Record.pdf
Phase two also includes the Xfinity TV application (the ability to use your iPad to change channels). More information on this application is available here:http://www.xfinity.com/help/internet/mobile-tv-app/Phase 3 - Remote DVR Scheduling (myDVR Manager) & XFinity TV Application
View/Modify Scheduled Recordings
View Completed Recordings
Modify Series Priority Lists, etc.
Phase three includes myDVR Manager (more information here http://www.fancast.com/mytv/dvr
AnyRoom DVR for our SA-Cisco areas comes with our On Screen Guide 2.0 and is currently targeted to be available in Minneapolis by mid-2012. Note: Probably, AnyRoom DVR should be available in other areas in mid 2012, too.Phase 4? - Tru2way Guide (On Screen Guide 2.0)
In SA/Cisco markets, Phase 4 will only initially be available for RNG 200-N boxes (AnyRoom DVR) and then to other RNG devices. It will not run on the SA 83I0 series Set Top Boxes. would not run out to trade your 8300 HD box for an RNG just yet....
A sneak peek into phase four (currently in employee trials now) includes AnyRoom DVR http://www.comcast.com/anyroomdvr/
and an extensive new guide with a 16:9 display and rich on-screen graphics. Other features include:
- Search results that include combined On Demand and linear television results that can be filtered
- More on-screen guide listings per page and customized grid views
- 120 minute guide listing display
- The ability to go back in time in the guide listings grid
- Network and channel logos in the guide
- Poster art in On Demand
- Additional Fast Forward and Rewind speeds in On Demand (to match the DVR experience)
- Sleep and wake timers
- Current date in the guide grid
- DVR recording setting of 'This time and this channel'
- Ability to set a default power-on channel
- All DVR scheduled recordings listed in one location (not day by day)
- Additional and detailed audio and video settings.