Forum Jump: 

post #9301 of 9948 Old 10-27-2011, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by logman View Post

New software patch? That explains why my "jump back" button hasn't been working, they "fixed" it. Guess a reboot is in order. Been meaning to but I'm always watching something when I realize it's no longer working.

On the bright side, I just got another notice that I need to get digital equipment or my basic channels will disappear... by 11/23. The last notice said the end of August so they're right on target for pushing it back to the middle of next year.

Lying, greedy, incompetent... It's Comcastic... It's fun to do xfinity.

Is there a schedule for when the analog channels will disappear in the Houston area? I'm not complaining. I don't ever want them to disappear because I will have to rent an additional DTA for a third TV I have, and maybe a fourth one. Sure wish I could buy them rather than rent them.

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9302 of 9948 Old 10-28-2011, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
At this point, because they've been promising to drop the analog channels for so long, they shouldn't be surprised they'll get a lot of complaints when it finally happens - because even when they say they're actually going to pull the plug on analog - noone's going to believe them...

When I got the first notice - I picked up the two "free" DTA's and they are still sitting on the desk - boxes unopened.

Would really like to start getting BBCA in HD (since they now show more SciFi than the SyFy channel's lineup of reality programs and wrestling)...
post #9303 of 9948 Old 10-28-2011, 07:53 AM

Liked: 10
I received the new Guide on Monday 10/24/01. As a result, the Hard Drive runs continuously, regardless of whether the DVR is set to on or in standby. Used to be that the HD would shut off in standby after a few minutes. I had read that the next Guide (26) would have this problem (no standby at all), but I didn't suspect that they would initiate this problem with their current "fix." The Comcast guy said that having the HD run continuously wouldn't affect the DVR--yeah, right. Having had to replace the DVR because of HD failure three times in the past, I have experienced first hand the hassle of losing saved programs.

I had read in earlier posts that if you switched DVR to a non-recording channel before you set it to standby it would shut off the HD. However none of the posts specifically mention which channel to use. I have tried using the music channels to no avail.

Does anyone know what specific channel(s) I can use to initiate a HD shut down in standby mode? Does this even work anymore?
post #9304 of 9948 Old 10-28-2011, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

New software patch? That explains why my "jump back" button hasn't been working, they "fixed" it. Guess a reboot is in order. Been meaning to but I'm always watching something when I realize it's no longer working.

On the bright side, I just got another notice that I need to get digital equipment or my basic channels will disappear... by 11/23. The last notice said the end of August so they're right on target for pushing it back to the middle of next year.

Lying, greedy, incompetent... It's Comcastic... It's fun to do xfinity.

Brother, I feel your pain! We're in 77096 and got the same notice. Sources indicate that pretty much all the S/SW area, mostly south of 59/SW Frwy, is going to be the last area to get the full xfinity upgrade. The delay is due to at least 2 main issues:

1. Due to the number and variety of subheadends and the large distribution network...which has grown from the long term purchase and integration of several original cable operators purchased by Gulf Coast Cable, Warner Cable, and now Comcast...there are a number of technical challenges to be dealt with to provide the new channels across the entire area.

2. The slow response of existing subscribers to order their DTA's for their cable ready TV's. They need to get much greater cooperation from their customers so that their phone system doesn't melt down when they drop all analog service and thousands of TV's are "snowbound."
post #9305 of 9948 Old 10-28-2011, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Houston, Texas Comcast SA 8300HD DVRs Guide S25 Phase 1 with Patch
Since getting the software patch on early Tuesday morning October 25, 2011, I havenn't had any problems with truncated recordings. I no longer have to use the workarounds to prevent truncated recordings. Is anyone still getting truncated recordings?
post #9306 of 9948 Old 10-29-2011, 07:09 AM

I received the new guide on Monday morning 10/24. I checked the information screen to make sure and yes, it was there.

I immediately tested it by recording two shows at once while watching a third pre-recorded show. Everything worked flawlessly. Until last night (Friday 10/28) that is.....

I had to do a reboot after the system froze. Then came Friday. I had scheduled six shows to record--two at 7, 8, and 9pm. The first two did not record at all. The next two recorded only one show and the last two recorded only one show. So of the total of the six scheduled recordings I received only two.

All six shows were scheduled with series recordings, new shows only, all episodes and save until I delete. I had checked earlier and they had all been labled "new." There was no conflict with any other series shows set to record. To add insult to injury, the actual shows were showing live--they were just not recording. Two of the shows lost are not available on the On Demand menu so I cannot recover from this.

This morning (Saturday) I re-booted the DVR and tested with two shows (series recording) and ran a pre-recorded show and that test passed with flying colors.

So what happened Friday? Fixing the truncating issue and restricting to one show recording is no fix at all because I was already working around the truncating issue by recording only one show at a time.

Has anyone else experience this problem with the new guide?
post #9307 of 9948 Old 10-29-2011, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

I also have had scheduled recordings not record after getting the software patch early Tuesday morning.

The shows were OutFront on CNN at 6 pm and Anderson Cooper 360 on CNN at 11:58 pm.

The shows are set to record using the manual recording method Monday - Friday. With OutFront at 6 pm there is no other scheduled recording at that time. OutFront recorded Tuesday, but on Wednesday, OutFront didn't record and it wasn't in the My Recordings list, but it was still in the Scheduled Recordings list even though the scheduled time to record had already passed. If I pressed select, instead of getting the recording summary nothing would happen. If I went to future scheduled recordings and pressed select, nothing would happen. I switched to the grid and selected the recording, it brought up the page that allows you to set or cancel a recording, set or cancel a reminder, etc. I pressed the red button to set or cancel the recording. No matter what I did, I couldn't remove the series recording indication in the grid. I had to reboot the DVR so I could remove the series recording and reschedule the recording. OutFront recorded on Thursday, but didn't record on Friday and if I go to future scheduled recording and press select nothing happens.

Note 1: I am using the manual recording method because the DVR will record the same episode later that night or early the next day even though the NEW and REPEAT flags are set correctly. These extra recordings cause conflicts with other scheduled recordings.

Note 2: The reason I record Anderson Copper 360 at 11:58 pm instead of 12:00 am is there is no option to record Tuesday - Saturday and I tried to use 11:59 pm but the DVR would not schedule a recording at that time.

Jeffrey David,

Were the shows that didn't record in the My Recordings list?
Note: Before the software patch, all the scheduled recordings would show up in the My Recordings list with a few truncated if I didn't use a workaround.

Are you seeing the same issues with entries in the Scheduled Recording list not bringing up the recording summary for shows that did not record and not being able to remove the series recording indicator in the grid for future episodes of the shows that did not record.
post #9308 of 9948 Old 10-30-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussB View Post

I also have had scheduled recordings not record after getting the software patch early Tuesday morning.

The shows were OutFront on CNN at 6 pm and Anderson Cooper 360 on CNN at 11:58 pm.

The shows are set to record using the manual recording method Monday - Friday. With OutFront at 6 pm there is no other scheduled recording at that time. OutFront recorded Tuesday, but on Wednesday, OutFront didn't record and it wasn't in the My Recordings list, but it was still in the Scheduled Recordings list even though the scheduled time to record had already passed. If I pressed select, instead of getting the recording summary nothing would happen. If I went to future scheduled recordings and pressed select, nothing would happen. I switched to the grid and selected the recording, it brought up the page that allows you to set or cancel a recording, set or cancel a reminder, etc. I pressed the red button to set or cancel the recording. No matter what I did, I couldn't remove the series recording indication in the grid. I had to reboot the DVR so I could remove the series recording and reschedule the recording. OutFront recorded on Thursday, but didn't record on Friday and if I go to future scheduled recording and press select nothing happens.

Note 1: I am using the manual recording method because the DVR will record the same episode later that night or early the next day even though the NEW and REPEAT flags are set correctly. These extra recordings cause conflicts with other scheduled recordings.

Note 2: The reason I record Anderson Copper 360 at 11:58 pm instead of 12:00 am is there is no option to record Tuesday - Saturday and I tried to use 11:59 pm but the DVR would not schedule a recording at that time.

Jeffrey David,

Were the shows that didn't record in the My Recordings list?
Note: Before the software patch, all the scheduled recordings would show up in the My Recordings list with a few truncated if I didn't use a workaround.

Are you seeing the same issues with entries in the Scheduled Recording list not bringing up the recording summary for shows that did not record and not being able to remove the series recording indicator in the grid for future episodes of the shows that did not record.

The shows that didn't record were channels 612, 609, 605, and 660. I have the RNG 200 and received my update on Monday morning. If you received the update on Tuesday, which model of DVR are you using? Do you think it makes any difference? Please note that I have been only recording one show at at time prior to the update as my effort to avoid truncation. After the update I added a bunch of shows so that I am set to record two shows at once from 7-10PM Mon, Fri, and Sunday. Tonight (Sunday) I will see what happens.

Also, on Monday I tested with two shows at once set to series recording while running a third pre-recorded show and everything worked. Then I accessed On Demand which worked until it froze on Wednesday. I re-booted. Re-tested. Then the Friday problem. I re-booted. Re-tested on Saturday. I have accessed On Demand again. Now I am waiting for tonight with bated breath. I don't believe that the On Demand access had anything to do with the problem.

I think the problem is related to the program directory listings which they upgrade every night. I think that when they change the listings the future recording settings get messed up (telling the program guide that the shows are not new or not on at all) and that would explain the problem.

I will let you know what happens.

Has anyone else had these problems?
post #9309 of 9948 Old 10-30-2011, 08:57 AM

Still showing "not authorized" for universal HD. They need to quit coddling their low tier customers and start looking out for their $$$ customers for a change.
post #9310 of 9948 Old 10-30-2011, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey David View Post

The shows that didn't record were channels 612, 609, 605, and 660. I have the RNG 200 and received my update on Monday morning. If you received the update on Tuesday, which model of DVR are you using? Do you think it makes any difference? Please note that I have been only recording one show at at time prior to the update as my effort to avoid truncation. After the update I added a bunch of shows so that I am set to record two shows at once from 7-10PM Mon, Fri, and Sunday. Tonight (Sunday) I will see what happens.

Also, on Monday I tested with two shows at once set to series recording while running a third pre-recorded show and everything worked. Then I accessed On Demand which worked until it froze on Wednesday. I re-booted. Re-tested. Then the Friday problem. I re-booted. Re-tested on Saturday. I have accessed On Demand again. Now I am waiting for tonight with bated breath. I don't believe that the On Demand access had anything to do with the problem.

I think the problem is related to the program directory listings which they upgrade every night. I think that when they change the listings the future recording settings get messed up (telling the program guide that the shows are not new or not on at all) and that would explain the problem.

I will let you know what happens.

Has anyone else had these problems?

I have SA 8300 HD DVRs. That information is listed after my location on the left side of each post. My signature has links to useful information (Comcast's blog about the new guide, guide tips and information post, and the guide schedule post).

I don't have enough information to decide if the type of set top box makes a difference.

Having the world series go to game 7, caused CBS to reprogram Friday night ariing repeats instead of new shows and Fox preempting its shows to show game 7 of the world series. Other stations may have made changes too. I know in the past when changes were made in the guide listings that could cause problems so I am not surprised the patched guide has similar problems.

Before I got the patch, I would not watch a prerecorded show if 2 other shows were recording. I would watch one of the shows being recorded either live or delayed by just switching to that channel and rewinding if I could.

I don't think our problems have the same cause, although it was the same result that the scheduled program did not record.

I will see if my problem with some scheduled manual recordings Monday - Friday NOT recording continues to happen and keep people updated.

I noticed that a reboot reestablished the missing link between the scheduled recording entry and the summary of the recording options for a manual recording in the Scheduled Recordings list.
post #9311 of 9948 Old 10-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 39
20/20 did not record as scheduled on channel 613 on Friday 10/28
post #9312 of 9948 Old 10-31-2011, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

The following posts are from Comcast's Ted Hodgins, Sr. Director, Video Product Development - Navigation, in Media & Entertainment, "New Guide for Scientific Atlanta Cable Boxes" blog:

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...ble-boxes.html

Quote:
If CT and MS were to get them first - then why is TX bypassing us with this patch or did I miss something?!

Paul Palumbo replied to comment from Ted Hodgins | October 27, 2011 6:33 PM

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...#comment-40981

Quote:
Hello Mr. Palumbo.

The Comcast team in CT was preparing to deliver the guide software patch this week but due to the multiple power outages and recent significant storm activity across CT it is likely that this activity may not happen this week.

We have many customers without power and cable service in CT that need to be attended to. The cable boxes need power in order for them to receive the new patch and then reset.

Apologies for the delay. As you can see we are starting to get these fixes out there in TX, MS, LA and MN. Our customers in CT should also be getting this release very soon.

Ted Hodgins replied to comment from Paul Palumbo | October 31, 2011 12:04 PM

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...#comment-41010

post #9313 of 9948 Old 11-01-2011, 07:43 AM

I just thought I would post a note to tell y'all that I am no longer experiencing a problem recording two series recordings while watching a third pre-recorded show. (I hope I have not jinxed this by writing too soon....)

The Hard Drive on the DVR (RNG200) is still running continuously.

Is anyone else experiencing continuous HD?
post #9314 of 9948 Old 11-01-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey David View Post

I just thought I would post a note to tell y'all that I am no longer experiencing a problem recording two series recordings while watching a third pre-recorded show. (I hope I have not jinxed this by writing too soon....)

The Hard Drive on the DVR (RNG200) is still running continuously.

Is anyone else experiencing continuous HD?

I have two RNG200's and I can hear a faint sound from both that sounds like the hard drive.

I wonder if they have to do that in order to start up a recording after turning the RNG200 off?

Robert
post #9315 of 9948 Old 11-02-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikstormtrooper View Post

Has anyone received any suspicious letters claiming they were being billed incorrectly and their rate was about to go up?

I received a similar letter yesterday with a strange 1-877 number on it. I called the regular Houston Comcast number and confirmed that I was not being billed incorrectly.

This looks like a very polished phishing attempt. It's on xfinity letterhead. The number is 1-877-395-5391.

Has no-one gotten a similar letter in the Houston area?

I got a follow-up call yesterday, and decided to call 1-800-Comcast (again) to confirm my rate. It turns out now that my rate for triple play will be going up $50 dollars next month, from $149.99 to $203!!! That doesn't include dvr rental and modem fees either.

Is this right?
post #9316 of 9948 Old 11-02-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikstormtrooper View Post

Has no-one gotten a similar letter in the Houston area?

I got a follow-up call yesterday, and decided to call 1-800-Comcast (again) to confirm my rate. It turns out now that my rate for triple play will be going up $50 dollars next month, from $149.99 to $203!!! That doesn't include dvr rental and modem fees either.

Is this right?

It's close to what I am paying in Bellaire. I have two DVR's and one digital converter, which pushes it higher.

Robert
post #9317 of 9948 Old 11-02-2011, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

The following posts are from Comcast's Ted Hodgins, Sr. Director, Video Product Development - Navigation, in Media & Entertainment, "New Guide for Scientific Atlanta Cable Boxes" blog:

Phases 2 and 3 will be combined in one release and start being deployed in mid 2012.

Quote:

Hi Ted,

Does the referenced post [ http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post21101689 by Ted Hodgins] mean that there will no longer be a separate release for Interactive Features?

Are you combining Phases 2 and 3 together?

Thanks

Russ replied to comment from Ted Hodgins | October 19, 2011 8:30 PM

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...#comment-40926

Quote:

Hello Russ. We are planning to merge the phases 2 and 3 into an accelerated single guide release; that is being discussed and worked on now.

That would then deliver more features at one time; the interactive television features (Caller ID to TV, HSN Shop By Remote, Ready Remind Record and Request For Information), plus My DVR Manager (the ability to schedule your DVR from a PC, laptop or other internet connected device) and the Xfinity TV app.

We are targeting that release to be available in mid-2012.

Ted Hodgins replied to comment from Russ | November 2, 2011 10:16 AM

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...#comment-41040

post #9318 of 9948 Old 11-02-2011, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

AnyRoom DVR for SA-Cisco areas comes with On Screen Guide 2.0 and is currently targeted to be available in Minneapolis by mid-2012. Note: Probably, AnyRoom DVR should be available in Houston in mid 2012, too.

Quote:

Excellent news on the return of pass through. Many thanks for this. I noticed from the update schedule that RNG 200N boxes are available in the Minneapolis area. At what point will anyroom DVR hit the market?

Max | October 31, 2011 11:06 PM

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...#comment-41018

Quote:

Hello Max. Sorry it has taken so long to get these fixes and additions out to you. AnyRoom DVR for our SA-Cisco areas comes with our On Screen Guide 2.0 and is currently targeted to be available in Minneapolis by mid-2012.

Ted Hodgins replied to comment from Max | November 2, 2011 11:44 AM

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...#comment-41047

post #9319 of 9948 Old 11-03-2011, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Is there a cable card firmware update being pushed with all this (maybe to address the Subscription required barrage of messages), or are they only updating the STB firmware?

Mike
Houston Comcast
post #9320 of 9948 Old 11-03-2011, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Manual recording of OutFront stops recording the second day.

Quote:
Hi Ted,

Thank you for fixing the problem with truncated recordings. I haven't had any truncated recordings since I got the software patch early Tuesday morning, early October 25, 2011.

I am in Houston and have SA 8300 HD DVRs.

I have had a manual scheduled recording not record after getting the software patch. Before getting the software patch, this was not a problem.

The show is OutFront on CNN at 6 pm CT. It is a manual recording for Monday - Friday. It records the first day, but does not record the next scheduled day. With OutFront at 6 pm there is no other scheduled recording at that time. OutFront recorded last Tuesday, but on Wednesday, OutFront didn't record and it wasn't in the My Recordings list, but it was still in the Scheduled Recordings list even though the scheduled time to record had already passed. If I pressed select, instead of getting the recording summary nothing would happen. If I went to future scheduled recordings and pressed select, nothing would happen. I switched to the grid and selected the recording, it brought up the page that allows you to set or cancel a recording, set or cancel a reminder, etc. I pressed the red button to set or cancel the recording. No matter what I did, I couldn't remove the series recording indication in the grid. I had to reboot the DVR so I could remove the series recording and reschedule the recording. OutFront recorded on Thursday, but didn't record on Friday and if I go to future scheduled recording and press select nothing happens. Over the weekend, I rebooted and reset the manual recording and it recorded Monday, but didn't record Tuesday.

I record Anderson Cooper 360 on CNN at 11:58 pm CT in case that matters.

The following issues existed before the software patch:

Issue 2: I am using the manual recording method because the DVR will record the same episode later that night or early the next day even though the NEW and REPEAT flags are set correctly. These extra recordings cause conflicts with other scheduled recordings.

Issue 3: The reason I record Anderson Copper 360 at 11:58 pm instead of 12:00 am is there is no option to record Tuesday - Saturday and I tried to use 11:59 pm but the DVR would not schedule a recording at that time.

Issue 4: The guide data incorrectly lists Anderson Cooper 360 at 1:00 am CT. It should be OutFront.

Russ | November 1, 2011 11:07 PM

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...#comment-41030

Quote:
Hello Russ and thanks as always for your feedback. Glad to hear that you have not experienced the DVR truncated recording issue since receiving the recent software patch. Our teams have been investigating your report of the previously set manual DVR recording not being preserved. I appreciate your detail and for bringing this to our attention.

There may be something going on with how the CNN series Outfront with Erin Burnett is being coded by our guide data listings provider. We have opened a ticket with them on this. We have also confirmed (via your report) that the listings on CNN for 1:00am CT were indeed incorrect. CNN did not update the program listings correctly. The issue with the listings data should be corrected by Friday, November 4. Thanks also for bringing this to our attention so our guide data provider could correct it nationally.

Unfortunately we are aware of the current DVR over-recording issue and realize that it can be an annoyance. This occurs on programs with non-episodic data that repeat throughout the day. The theory and current logic here is that it is better to over-record than to under-record. We know where the problem is and how to solve for it. We have attacked this issue from a few directions. We continue to work with our guide data provider and we also have initiated a software solution targeted for early 2012.

Ted Hodgins replied to comment from Russ | November 3, 2011 9:07 AM

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...#comment-41054

post #9321 of 9948 Old 11-03-2011, 05:22 PM

Interesting Nightline report from 1997 about the future of HDTV. 14 years later and I'm STILL waiting for all the channels I watch to be available in HD!

http://abcnews.go.com/Archives/video...ution-14869216
post #9322 of 9948 Old 11-04-2011, 10:46 AM

Mid 2012... Jeez. Yeah, keep telling us this is all so you can roll out developments faster.
post #9323 of 9948 Old 11-04-2011, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmatheny View Post

Is there a cable card firmware update being pushed with all this (maybe to address the Subscription required barrage of messages), or are they only updating the STB firmware?

Information about "Not Authorized" messages and CableCards.

Quote:

Hello, I'm having that "not authorized" message issue wtih my Moxi while using a cablecard more readily then I am with my RNG200N. When will this issue be resolved? Both use the same cablecard firmware version and conditional access codes.

Mike Wolf | November 1, 2011 9:43 PM

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...#comment-41026

Quote:

Hello Mr. Wolf and thanks for your comnents and question. I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your Moxi and cablecard.

The software patch that we have started to roll out to the SA-Cisco cable boxes significantly alleviates the current Not Authorized issue on our cable boxes.

We did not make any changes to the firmware in this patch. Firmware changes to completely resolve this issue are included in an upcoming guide software release scheduled for mid-2012.

I will be able to update specific information as each area gets confirmed. All of our SA-Cisco customers will be getting this software patch. I don't have a confirmed timeframe for your location in New Jersey just yet.

The plan is to get the software patch to the majority of our Cisco-SA customers this year.

The software patch is now out to about 22% of our SA-Cisco customers including customers in TX, MS, LA and customers with RNG 150 and 150n boxes in MN.

Ted Hodgins replied to comment from Mike Wolf | November 3, 2011 4:05 PM

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-...#comment-41056

post #9324 of 9948 Old 11-04-2011, 07:24 PM

Liked: 17
I left my PC off for a few days and now the cable card needs to be paired with my Ceton tuner again. Have tried for two days with Comast and have had no luck getting them to pair the card. I cannot seem to get someone from the USA to answer my call when I call Comcast after 5. Everytime I have spoken to some from the USA they have fixed my problem within a few minutes. When I speak to someone from what seams another country they can never pair my card. They always tell me I need a new card after being on the phone with them for at least 30 minutes. Noting is wrong with the cable card. What gives? Any pointers on getting someone from the USA to take my call?
post #9325 of 9948 Old 11-05-2011, 05:23 AM

Liked: 11
I would recommend that you send a polite Email to 'We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com' describing the problem. Every time I have contacted them I have received a prompt (usually same day) call from someone who is knowledgeable and can fix the problem quickly. I agree that the some of the "script monkeys" that Comcast has manning their first tier helpdesk are useless when it comes to CableCard issues.
post #9326 of 9948 Old 11-05-2011, 05:30 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paw Paw View Post

I would recommend that you send a polite Email to 'We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com' describing the problem. Every time I have contacted them I have received a prompt (usually same day) call from someone who is knowledgeable and can fix the problem quickly. I agree that the some of the "script monkeys" that Comcast has manning their first tier helpdesk are useless when it comes to CableCard issues.

Ok thanks I will give that a try.
post #9327 of 9948 Old 11-06-2011, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Still showing "not authorized" for universal HD. They need to quit coddling their low tier customers and start looking out for their $$$ customers for a change.

Still no UHD here either, tho our area was among the first to begin receiving the "new" channels (sometime last April).

The PAY TV industry does not hold the patent on poor customer relations, but Comcast in particular has succeeded in making an art form of it.

post #9328 of 9948 Old 11-08-2011, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
OK - so YESTERDAY I got the letter about the digital switchover (first one I have received), and THIS MORNING all my analogs are gone and it looks like the new lineup is live! Geez, thanx for the heads up Comcast! I have two TAs so I can put one on the TV in my bedroom tonight, but damn, couldn't they have given more than an overnight notice!
77539 Dickinson area

Mike
Houston Comcast
post #9329 of 9948 Old 11-08-2011, 06:21 AM

Congratulations Mike, but so much for that BS about moving north to south. Dickenson gets new line up before 290/Antoine area?
post #9330 of 9948 Old 11-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Got the new channels today here in League City as well. About time. Anyone know where I can find a list of the channel additions?

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page