Orlando, Central FL - BHN/Spectrum - Page 663 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 201Likes

post #19861 of 19876 Old 09-22-2016, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 71
What are the significant positives and negatives we'll experience with Spectrum vs what we've had with BHN?
Is it true that if we like our current package of BHN services, we'll be able to keep it under Spectrum?
Will DTA boxes continue to be supported by Spectrum?

Don't use a big word when a more diminutive one would suffice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19862 of 19876 Old 09-22-2016, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked: 1178
Charter does not have DTA's, so either you will have to use a regular (read: costly) box, or do without. They also do not offer or support whole-home DVR service. Here's a link I posted earlier in the thread:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30...TV-Information

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly. Crap I say
post #19863 of 19876 Old 09-22-2016, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
Charter does not have DTA's, so either you will have to use a regular (read: costly) box, or do without. They also do not offer or support whole-home DVR service. Here's a link I posted earlier in the thread:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30...TV-Information
I use whole home DVR a lot not having that or having the availability to stream my recording is a major deal breaker
Nayan likes this.
post #19864 of 19876 Old 09-22-2016, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Seems that Spectrum is rolling out in California, and the the TWC Sportsnet channels that we get have been re-named
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...nap-story.html
post #19865 of 19876 Old 09-22-2016, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

It might be a good idea to browse through the guide, as some areas are also starting to see AXS and HDNet Movies that didn't have them before.

I am not sure how old/new this is, but here is a list (along with manuals!) of all the boxes Charter/Spectrum offers. I don't know if it will actually help anyone, but it'll give you an idea of what's to come:

http://www.charter.net/support/tv/di...ver-cable-box/

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly. Crap I say
post #19866 of 19876 Old 09-22-2016, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

One other thing of note, Spectrum also offers a channel on Roku for live-streaming but I have no idea if it is still going to be supported, or even available for you guys. Just something else to keep an eye on.

post #19867 of 19876 Old 09-22-2016, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
It might be a good idea to browse through the guide, as some areas are also starting to see AXS and HDNet Movies that didn't have them before.

I am not sure how old/new this is, but here is a list (along with manuals!) of all the boxes Charter/Spectrum offers. I don't know if it will actually help anyone, but it'll give you an idea of what's to come:

http://www.charter.net/support/tv/di...ver-cable-box/
No problem here. Both my DVR and STB are on that list. (BHN here in Michigan has always used Motorola boxes.)
Nayan likes this.
post #19868 of 19876 Old 09-22-2016, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Charter does not have DTA's, so either you will have to use a regular (read: costly) box, or do without...
Thanks Nayan. No DTA's is a bad deal for me. Have two of them for kitchen and guest room, and they worked perfectly and cheaply for those occasional viewing locations. Can't justify Spectrum's pricey cable boxes/service for the those rooms. So far, I don't view Spectrum as an improvement over BHN.
Nayan likes this.

Don't use a big word when a more diminutive one would suffice.
post #19869 of 19876 Old 09-22-2016, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 88
AXS.TV and HDNet Movies are things that could likely return.

Also note that the last notice did not have MTM's listed. They are probably in talks with some of them like NHL Network. It's possible Charter will add some things and get new deals to ease concerns about these changes.

We shall see. Our notice comes next week.
post #19870 of 19876 Old 09-26-2016, 04:51 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
Thanks Nayan. No DTA's is a bad deal for me. Have two of them for kitchen and guest room, and they worked perfectly and cheaply for those occasional viewing locations. Can't justify Spectrum's pricey cable boxes/service for the those rooms. So far, I don't view Spectrum as an improvement over BHN.
That is mostly the reason I am looking for alternatives. I have 2 TVs with DTAs and will not be paying $20 to watch TV on those.
Nayan likes this.
post #19871 of 19876 Old 09-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 73
With TX and CA, I'm sure as each month passes, more areas will be integrated into the Spectrum branding and lineups. It's not yet known if some of the TWC channels will make it on to the old Charter lineups, or if the TWC channel configuration will see its way to the BHN/Charter areas. I think the TWC numbering is a lot more logical, and would make sense to have national Spectrum channel numbers the way satellite/telcos do.

What I wish is that they'd clearly define what is HD and what is not. While it's a little better on the TWC website than before, there's still unanswered questions. Since Charter added all those international channels in HD to their own lineups, I presume the same channels are in HD on Spectrum.

Kevin, you might be able to help me with some of these at least in the Dallas market.

For the ones you mentioned before, I don't think there are HD feeds for Encore Family and Encore Westerns at this time. Discovery Life HD is one of those that Charter never had before (the same with Logo HD and Centric HD), so there could be some issues loading up those.
post #19872 of 19876 Old Yesterday, 12:53 AM
AVS Special Member

It sounds as if the changes could start next month here.

I do wonder if our notice will have MTM's this month as it did not in late-August.

Regardless, it's time for some adds.
post #19873 of 19876 Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Our friend feb1003 in Bakersfield, California PMed me a summary of their notice today.

"On Oct 4 Sports en Espanol ch 632 will be renamed to Spectrum Deportes LA [ they simucast the Dodgers games in spanish]"

"On or after Nov 15th, BHN local on demand ch999, will be renamed Spectrum local on demand.
Community Network ch 11 will be renamed Spectrum Communty programing"

"ON sept 1st the following channels were removed from the lineup"

"ESPN College extra 1-8 from ch 168 tru ch 175"

I have PMed him back to see if they had any MTM's.

The re-naming continues and it's good that those SD ESPN channels have been dropped.

I would not be surprised if we get word of BHSN's name changing soon too.

We could still get something as you never know how Charter will roll this out but even if we do not, changes are in motion.
Nayan likes this.
post #19874 of 19876 Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

That why I posted upthread to keep an eye on your guides, since some areas that did not have AXS now have it so it looks to be rolling out slowly.

I no longer get Florida Today online, but I do still get the Sentinel so when the notice comes I'll be sure to post it.

post #19875 of 19876 Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Nayan,

Very good advice as you never know when they will make changes.

Please post the Sentinel one when you see it with MTM's included.
Nayan likes this.
post #19876 of 19876 Old Today, 04:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Here it is!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	orset2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1688521  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception