Orlando, Central FL - BHN/Spectrum - Page 670 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 240Likes

Old 03-30-2017, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 103
They did some sort of a test yesterday and it was only a non-full screen guide.

It was gone within a few hours though.

I am glad Legacy systems are getting NBA TV so it is officially safe for us.

We lose some channels like MAV TV if we switch over. Some HD could be on the way but what is there to really add?

I'm still grieving the fact Chiller will be gone within a month and that NBC is likely to shut it down given how they will be off Dish, Comcast and now Spectrum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2017, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Well maybe they were running more "tests" - whatever the TV Cable just died. What fool did thst?
Old 03-30-2017, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Tintera View Post
Well maybe they were running more "tests" - whatever the TV Cable just died. What fool did thst?
Looks like it's all of CFL, at least according to Spectrum's Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/Ask_Spectrum/sta...00107537088513

Downdetector's Spectrum outage map:

http://downdetector.com/status/chart...nications/map/

Old 03-31-2017, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
Gotta rant about Spectrum: My latest monthly Spectrum bill went up by around $3. Back in June 2016, I was put on a "deal" by BHN's Retention dept for a exact dollar amount for monthly service for the next 2 yrs, per the retention rep's word and my notations of the conversation. So, yesterday I spoke with a CSR in Spectrum's accounting/billing dept. She explained that although I was told I would be charged a specific amount for my monthly bill, what I was actually receiving was a specific dollar amount of discount off the total monthly charges, and the reason for the increase in my new bill was because the monthly charge for my two digital adapters had increased from $2 to $3.25 each...and "we have no control over these type of changes in equipment charges." I responded with "how can you say you have no control over equipment charges - you own the equipment!?" She responded with "well, prices change all the time and there's nothing controlling it." What a load of B.S. I also asked her to look at the notes in my account record and confirm that the discount I'm receiving along with free Epix was for a 2-yr period beginning last June. To which she replied: "Yes, it's all there for 24 months." So, I asked her to send me an email containing those notes in my account regarding the discount, and after a few seconds of silence she said "OK, I just sent them to you." However, what I actually received in my email was a generic info page about Spectrum's service policies and agreements; it had nothing in there whatsoever about the notation details in my account record regarding a discount! The intentional deception here is quite obvious.
So, I called Spectrum again, but spoke with a different person in billing who apologetically explained that my discount was for only 12 months, not 24, and they have no way to copy the notes placed in anyone's account and email them out.
BTW, as far as I know, Spectrum has not changed their standing policy of not providing support to the digital adapter (DTA) boxes, yet they just increased the monthly charge for them by over 62%! I'm starting to highly dislike this deceptive and unethical company.
Interesting. I just received a letter in the mail from Spectrum telling me my rate was going up by approximately $15 with the next bill. I immediately called to find out why. In the course of the conversation, the customer service rep switched me to the customer retention department after I told him the increase was unacceptable and there were too many other alternatives available. After talking to customer retention, it turns out that the rate increase was only for the old Brighthouse plans. By switching to the new Spectrum plans, I am getting an overall $20 per month reduction over the next 12 months. The only changes to my service will be the loss of the whole house DVR capability and swapping my one digital adapter for a HD cable box (Spectrum is not supporting the digital adapters and whole house DVR feature). All my other features remain the same. The retention rep then told me to call back next March and they would re-look at the plans and try to find me another plan to keep the lower rates. You may want to call back and try the Spectrum customer retention folks.

Update: Apparently if it seems to be too good to be true, it is..... I just got off the phone with Spectrum after noticing missing channels in my line up. Apparently, my lower rate was because the Spectrum customer retention guy neglected to tell me that he was taking away channels as he converted from the Brighthouse plans and channel lineups to the Spectrum plans and channel lineups. In other words, he was not telling the truth when he said that the only changes I would see were the loss of the whole house DVR and swap of the Digital adapter. Turns out I was also losing about 25+ channels. My only recourse was to pay more money to regain some of what was to be lost. The end result is that I have a slightly lower bill but am missing all of the Starz and Encore channels. I did gain some of the sports channels that were in the old Brighthouse sports pass. I would have had to pay about $35 to $40 more than the price quoted by customer retention to keep all I had before (plus some other channels I was not interested in).

Guess I will start pricing out the alternatives for what Spectrum offers. Although the folks I talked to seemed very sympathetic, as a company, it appears Spectrum basically doesn't give a crap how it treats its customers. As a little background, I have been a customer for over 20 years and gone thru all of their ownership changes. Prior to this, I felt valued as a customer....not any more.

John

Last edited by jaw5279; 03-31-2017 at 07:11 PM. Reason: More info
Old 04-01-2017, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw5279 View Post
Quote:
Gotta rant about Spectrum: My latest monthly Spectrum bill went up by around $3. Back in June 2016, I was put on a "deal" by BHN's Retention dept for a exact dollar amount for monthly service for the next 2 yrs, per the retention rep's word and my notations of the conversation. So, yesterday I spoke with a CSR in Spectrum's accounting/billing dept. She explained that although I was told I would be charged a specific amount for my monthly bill, what I was actually receiving was a specific dollar amount of discount off the total monthly charges, and the reason for the increase in my new bill was because the monthly charge for my two digital adapters had increased from $2 to $3.25 each...and "we have no control over these type of changes in equipment charges." I responded with "how can you say you have no control over equipment charges - you own the equipment!?" She responded with "well, prices change all the time and there's nothing controlling it." What a load of B.S. I also asked her to look at the notes in my account record and confirm that the discount I'm receiving along with free Epix was for a 2-yr period beginning last June. To which she replied: "Yes, it's all there for 24 months." So, I asked her to send me an email containing those notes in my account regarding the discount, and after a few seconds of silence she said "OK, I just sent them to you." However, what I actually received in my email was a generic info page about Spectrum's service policies and agreements; it had nothing in there whatsoever about the notation details in my account record regarding a discount! The intentional deception here is quite obvious.
So, I called Spectrum again, but spoke with a different person in billing who apologetically explained that my discount was for only 12 months, not 24, and they have no way to copy the notes placed in anyone's account and email them out.
BTW, as far as I know, Spectrum has not changed their standing policy of not providing support to the digital adapter (DTA) boxes, yet they just increased the monthly charge for them by over 62%! I'm starting to highly dislike this deceptive and unethical company.
Interesting. I just received a letter in the mail from Spectrum telling me my rate was going up by approximately $15 with the next bill. I immediately called to find out why. In the course of the conversation, the customer service rep switched me to the customer retention department after I told him the increase was unacceptable and there were too many other alternatives available. After talking to customer retention, it turns out that the rate increase was only for the old Brighthouse plans. By switching to the new Spectrum plans, I am getting an overall $20 per month reduction over the next 12 months. The only changes to my service will be the loss of the whole house DVR capability and swapping my one digital adapter for a HD cable box (Spectrum is not supporting the digital adapters and whole house DVR feature). All my other features remain the same. The retention rep then told me to call back next March and they would re-look at the plans and try to find me another plan to keep the lower rates. You may want to call back and try the Spectrum customer retention folks.

Update: Apparently if it seems to be too good to be true, it is..... I just got off the phone with Spectrum after noticing missing channels in my line up. Apparently, my lower rate was because the Spectrum customer retention guy neglected to tell me that he was taking away channels as he converted from the Brighthouse plans and channel lineups to the Spectrum plans and channel lineups. In other words, he was not telling the truth when he said that the only changes I would see were the loss of the whole house DVR and swap of the Digital adapter. Turns out I was also losing about 25+ channels. My only recourse was to pay more money to regain some of what was to be lost. The end result is that I have a slightly lower bill but am missing all of the Starz and Encore channels. I did gain some of the sports channels that were in the old Brighthouse sports pass. I would have had to pay about $35 to $40 more than the price quoted by customer retention to keep all I had before (plus some other channels I was not interested in).

Guess I will start pricing out the alternatives for what Spectrum offers. Although the folks I talked to seemed very sympathetic, as a company, it appears Spectrum basically doesn't give a crap how it treats its customers. As a little background, I have been a customer for over 20 years and gone thru all of their ownership changes. Prior to this, I felt valued as a customer....not any more.
losing whole home support is not worth it.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:13 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I was afraid this was going to happen. I switched to AT&T Uverse and am pretty happy with it. My only complaint is that sometimes the wireless receiver upstairs loses connection for a few seconds. We have whole house DVR with a ridiculous amount of storage and can record 6 shows at a time, wireless receivers (they can be wired if your home wiring supports it, via CAT5 if I remember correctly).
Nayan likes this.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya68 View Post
We have whole house DVR with a ridiculous amount of storage and can record 6 shows at a time,
Are you on Gigapower (fiber) U-verse, or actually on (copper) U-verse...since the copper U-verse DVR service can only do 4 shows max...
Old 04-03-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I was afraid this was going to happen. I switched to AT&T Uverse and am pretty happy with it. My only complaint is that sometimes the wireless receiver upstairs loses connection for a few seconds. We have whole house DVR with a ridiculous amount of storage and can record 6 shows at a time, wireless receivers (they can be wired if your home wiring supports it, via CAT5 if I remember correctly).
I wish att Uverse was available where I live. In my area it's Spectrum or satellite.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:00 PM

Old 04-03-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
Are you on Gigapower (fiber) U-verse, or actually on (copper) U-verse...since the copper U-verse DVR service can only do 4 shows max...
It's fiber.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
It's fiber.
Nice...have a better chance of winning the Lottery, than us EVER getting it here in Springpatch...
Old 04-03-2017, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I might explore my options when I move.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:58 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 83
You might want to start checking for Discovery Life HD and TVG HD. I'm seeing it appear on some Spectrum lineups (former Time Warner Cable) in Ohio and Wisconsin. I'm reluctant to add it to the chart yet, but I think it could be coming soon.

These would be 2 of the very few things for you guys to get, outside of some of the West Coast HD premium and international channels that were added in SD for BHN, but are HD on legacy Charter systems.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:35 AM

http://keepmynets.com/ Spectrum may loss fox sports, National Geographic, and FX networks on April 8
Old 04-07-2017, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 1626
Oh man, with both basketball and hockey playoff starting, baseball just starting, Nascar, etc. sports folks are going to be very unhappy if the channels go dark for y'all .

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

That would really suck.

I'd miss the final two games of The Magic's season and no "The Americans" or "Fargo".

Please get a deal done.

BTW: If this included Fox College Sports which it may or may not even though it's not listed, I would be surprised if that was not dropped.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
the monthly charge for my two digital adapters had increased from $2 to $3.25 each...
Our Spectrum bill is on auto-pay, and I rarely review the statements. However this thread made me take a look and sure enough the I've been charged $3.25 for our (5) DTA's since February. Besides the DTA's lower cost (not so much now), their compact size and the ability to hide them behind all of the TV's that are wall mounted makes for a clean install.
I'm extremely disappointed that they are likely going to phase these out for legacy customers and force me to have a full size cable box for each TV at $8.00 per month - a 400% increase from the original $2.00. I have no need for the guide or on-demand services on these TV's, and it will require me to have some type of small shelf to hold the box under the TV, or find a nearby location and run an HDMI cable through the wall to maintain some sort of WAF.
When this day comes, it will probably be the final straw for me and force me to look at alternatives.

Mark
Old 04-20-2017, 10:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Well, at least Fox has stopped threatening us daily that we could lose some channels.
Nayan likes this.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:58 PM

The complaints about Spectrum have made it to "Action Nine".

http://www.wftv.com/news/action-9/ac...al_twitter_sfp
Old 04-21-2017, 08:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I am glad the news stations are covering this now.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 2047
Yeah, but I'll bet coverage such as this comes up in negotiations the next time Cox wants to raise carriage fees...
HDOrlando likes this.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Boomerang is on a higher package than what I have but I do not think it will be around as a 24/7 channel much longer.

I just saw a commercial for the new Boomerang App and their site is mainly on for an app with a link at the bottom for the tv channel.

https://www.boomerang.com/

It's going to be like before we had digital cable which is for the better.

Not sure if I will get the Boomerang App though.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Well, Chiller did indeed disappear this morning as scheduled.

It will not be long before the channel goes under.

It sucks as I wanted it in HD for the longest time and when that finally could happen, the plug gets pulled.

First Fearnet and now Chiller. Maybe Netflix has some good indy Horror/Slashers.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 977 Post(s)
Liked: 1626
Bah, that stinks . I still have it on D*, but for how long who knows.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Nayan,

It sucks but I know it's going under so it's not so bad. Just wish I had gotten to see a 24/7 version of the channel in HD. At least, I got to see the HD OD though.
Nayan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement