Orlando, Central FL - BHN/Spectrum - Page 671 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 236Likes
post #20101 of 20110 Unread 03-21-2017, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I'm with Nayan.

The question is how long will cable be able to sustain millions dropping it each year?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20102 of 20110 Unread 03-22-2017, 06:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Gotta rant about Spectrum: My latest monthly Spectrum bill went up by around $3. Back in June 2016, I was put on a "deal" by BHN's Retention dept for a exact dollar amount for monthly service for the next 2 yrs, per the retention rep's word and my notations of the conversation. So, yesterday I spoke with a CSR in Spectrum's accounting/billing dept. She explained that although I was told I would be charged a specific amount for my monthly bill, what I was actually receiving was a specific dollar amount of discount off the total monthly charges, and the reason for the increase in my new bill was because the monthly charge for my two digital adapters had increased from $2 to $3.25 each...and "we have no control over these type of changes in equipment charges." I responded with "how can you say you have no control over equipment charges - you own the equipment!?" She responded with "well, prices change all the time and there's nothing controlling it." What a load of B.S. I also asked her to look at the notes in my account record and confirm that the discount I'm receiving along with free Epix was for a 2-yr period beginning last June. To which she replied: "Yes, it's all there for 24 months." So, I asked her to send me an email containing those notes in my account regarding the discount, and after a few seconds of silence she said "OK, I just sent them to you." However, what I actually received in my email was a generic info page about Spectrum's service policies and agreements; it had nothing in there whatsoever about the notation details in my account record regarding a discount! The intentional deception here is quite obvious.
So, I called Spectrum again, but spoke with a different person in billing who apologetically explained that my discount was for only 12 months, not 24, and they have no way to copy the notes placed in anyone's account and email them out.
BTW, as far as I know, Spectrum has not changed their standing policy of not providing support to the digital adapter (DTA) boxes, yet they just increased the monthly charge for them by over 62%! I'm starting to highly dislike this deceptive and unethical company.
Nayan likes this.

Please enter password to view this signature.

Last edited by Sgooter; 03-23-2017 at 05:01 AM.
post #20103 of 20110 Unread 03-22-2017, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Did you check to see if the email didn't have an attachment? Sometimes I have to open or read the email to get an attachment and then open the attachment.
Not to defend BH/Spectrum. If Dish or AT is viable we're gone.

post #20104 of 20110 Unread 03-22-2017, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Tintera View Post
Did you check to see if the email didn't have an attachment? Sometimes I have to open or read the email to get an attachment and then open the attachment.
Not to defend BH/Spectrum. If Dish or AT is viable we're gone.
There was no relevant content included anywhere in the email nor thru an attachment

Please enter password to view this signature.
post #20105 of 20110 Unread 03-22-2017, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Then you're spot on
post #20106 of 20110 Unread 03-22-2017, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked: 1562
I've been seeing stories of billing issues, so you're not alone. I also recently read where they may try to kill the ban on usage caps for them as well. TV I can get elsewhere (I went to Sat) but internet is a whole other story.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/I...ge-Caps-139192

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
post #20107 of 20110 Unread 03-23-2017, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My Spectrum bill which arrived today, contains the same information as last month, that Chiller and Esquire will no longer be available after April 25.
It adds that we can see the channel lineup at spectrum.com/channellineup. However, when I tried that link it leads to a drop down menu for "state" and Florida is not one of the choices.
post #20108 of 20110 Unread 03-23-2017, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 945 Post(s)
Liked: 1562
I don't think Florida has fully switched over to Spectrum yet, so that's probably why there's no lineup. People are still using legacy BHN for now or have switched themselves over to Spectrum. As far as a timetable when it'll be complete, I have no idea but I would hang onto BHN for as long as possible since the switchover in other areas has been anything but smooth.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
post #20109 of 20110 Unread Today, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Hey All,

A new version of Navigator has been rolling out around the country. ODN 8.0 Don't know when former Bright House Networks subs will get it. It's for the modern boxes (Arris, Cisco, (now Technicolor) and Samsungs.) New Features include:

A new Quick Settings Menu-
That opens when the box is powered on and can be activated and deactivated using the Menu button, or turned off with the Exit button. (It also goes away after about 15 seconds.) It will provide access to common settings all in one place.

Being able to reboot your box in Settings without unplugging it

Recently Viewed option-Available by the arrow keys that allows you bookmarking of the last shows watched whether Live TV, DVR'ed, or On Demand. You will be able to see the last 14 shows viewed. (This can be turned on and off in Settings.)

The ability to Name Your Box-This will also apply to Remote Services

A Kids Portal Channel- Children's and Family Programing all in one place.

For more information on the new Guide, go here: https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/t...new-guide.html

For reviews on the new Guide, go here:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30...-8-0-Navigator

As a sidenote, what boxes are Spectrum giving out in Florida markets?

Satch

Cisco 9865HDC DVR with TWC Navigator Guide
Metro-Milwaukee Wisconsin
post #20110 of 20110 Unread Today, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satch Man View Post
Hey All,

A new version of Navigator has been rolling out around the country. ODN 8.0 Don't know when former Bright House Networks subs will get it. It's for the modern boxes (Arris, Cisco, (now Technicolor) and Samsungs.) New Features include:

A new Quick Settings Menu-
That opens when the box is powered on and can be activated and deactivated using the Menu button, or turned off with the Exit button. (It also goes away after about 15 seconds.) It will provide access to common settings all in one place.

Being able to reboot your box in Settings without unplugging it

Recently Viewed option-Available by the arrow keys that allows you bookmarking of the last shows watched whether Live TV, DVR'ed, or On Demand. You will be able to see the last 14 shows viewed. (This can be turned on and off in Settings.)

The ability to Name Your Box-This will also apply to Remote Services

A Kids Portal Channel- Children's and Family Programing all in one place.

For more information on the new Guide, go here: https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/t...new-guide.html

For reviews on the new Guide, go here:

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30...-8-0-Navigator

As a sidenote, what boxes are Spectrum giving out in Florida markets?

Satch
rebooting the box was a pain before. I'm looking to forward to easier reboots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception