Orlando, Central FL - BHN/Spectrum - Page 671 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 243Likes
post #20101 of 20108 Old 05-15-2017, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 105
It's sickening but with the channels being trimmed back and Direct TV mostly caught up in HD, it becomes a more attractive option especially since they have better equipment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20102 of 20108 Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 85
I have an HR34 (which is the first Genie) and I find the box to be cumbersome and slow. I find channels switch much slower than with cable. I would love to have a cable company like Spectrum in my area, or even some of the stronger PA regionals like Blue Ridge and Service Electric. Unfortunately, I live in a Comcast area who has only half the HD channels that other Comcast areas have, and even those are missing a lot of stuff I have. It's also horribly expensive once you're off contract.

I would switch from DirecTV in a heartbeat if I could. My only other actual option is Dish, and I want no part of that. The grass isn't always greener.
post #20103 of 20108 Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked: 1648
I would upgrade to either an HR44 or HR54 if you plan on staying with them. Or you could go streaming since there's plenty of options out there now. I love my Genie too much to leave, otherwise I'd hit up one of the streaming services before I'd go to Spectrum, given their attitude towards customers.
DrDon likes this.

My flabber has been gasted and my gob has been smacked. Anything else?

post #20104 of 20108 Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriolesmagic View Post
It's also horribly expensive once you're off contract.
I assume you attempted to get put back on promo pricing, no? I've ALWAYS been on some sort of promo since I went triple play with them years ago; as soon as it runs out, I simply go to our local office & they put me back on - easy-peasy & price-locked f/2 years now. It may not be cheap, but it's definitely CHEAPER than paying rack rate!

Quote:
My only other actual option is Dish, and I want no part of that.
What's so wrong w/DISH? I'll take it ANY day over dealing with the derelicts at AT&T that are running that place!
DISH also put me back on a 2-year price lock at the same price as new subs.
post #20105 of 20108 Old Today, 04:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
I assume you attempted to get put back on promo pricing, no? I've ALWAYS been on some sort of promo since I went triple play with them years ago; as soon as it runs out, I simply go to our local office & they put me back on - easy-peasy & price-locked f/2 years now. It may not be cheap, but it's definitely CHEAPER than paying rack rate!...
This sounds very interesting. By "triple play" I assume you mean TV+internet+phone. What is the dollar value and/or percentage discount you're getting from Spectrum? They recently told me that they don't do promotional/discount pricing. My next bill will be the full load (no discounts).

Please enter password to view this signature.
post #20106 of 20108 Unread Today, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked: 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
This sounds very interesting. By "triple play" I assume you mean TV+internet+phone. What is the dollar value and/or percentage discount you're getting from Spectrum? They recently told me that they don't do promotional/discount pricing. My next bill will be the full load (no discounts).
Sadly this is true. They don't even have a retention department and their attitude now is 'take it or leave it'. Judging by how many people I have seen at the local office dropping off equipment I say many are going for the 'leave it' part.

My flabber has been gasted and my gob has been smacked. Anything else?
post #20107 of 20108 Unread Today, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
I assume you attempted to get put back on promo pricing, no? I've ALWAYS been on some sort of promo since I went triple play with them years ago; as soon as it runs out, I simply go to our local office & they put me back on - easy-peasy & price-locked f/2 years now. It may not be cheap, but it's definitely CHEAPER than paying rack rate!

What's so wrong w/DISH? I'll take it ANY day over dealing with the derelicts at AT&T that are running that place!
DISH also put me back on a 2-year price lock at the same price as new subs.
I only have internet through Comcast. My television is separate and only through DirecTV. When I have contacted them about reducing my rate, they will only put me back on some sort of promotion if I reup with another contract. I am not willing to do that, as I know I will be moving at some point soon. When it comes to Comcast, our local office has since closed. All things are done through a Service Center far away.

As for Dish, I had a terrible experience with them years ago, and have found their HD when I've seen it to look awful. They also do not carry the most important channel to me (a local regional sports network) as a full-time HD feed, or at least didn't for many years.
post #20108 of 20108 Unread Today, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 105
I could never do Dish because of all the disputes they seem to have.

Because I need Internet, I'll probably get it through Spectrum but if I ever dump them for TV, I'll probably go to Direct TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception