Orlando, FL - BHN - Page 425 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

post #12721 of 18955 Old 09-01-2011, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Somebody else might pick it up RTN here.
Then S. Dish,AT@T U-Verse and others would want it to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12722 of 18955 Old 09-01-2011, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 31
That's what I'm thinking.

It might be WKMG or WOFL/WRBW.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12723 of 18955 Old 09-01-2011, 09:45 PM

Here the deal i have brighthouse, i love brighthouse, but when Dish just added Mlb network today ,if no deal by next week i will switch over to Dish or U-verse, plain in simple , its been to long waiting for this to happen. if brighthouse and twc does'n care, then i will switch, I hope that they make a deal,
post #12724 of 18955 Old 09-01-2011, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Feb,

I think a deal will get done and hopefully it will so I have a BHN customer in Bakersfield I can contact.

It's great to have options though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12725 of 18955 Old 09-02-2011, 04:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Everyone,

Fox HD OnDemand posted an early pilot viewing of The New Girl starring Zooey Deshanel.

I just finished viewing and I dont see this show lasting to long...

Samsung 60F8500
Panasonic 55GT30
Panasonic BDT310
PS3 (PS4 coming soon)
Sony STR-DG1000 AVR
Mirage Omnisat V2 7.1 set up with Energy S10 Sub
post #12726 of 18955 Old 09-02-2011, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

Everyone,

Fox HD OnDemand posted an early pilot viewing of The New Girl starring Zooey Deshanel.

I just finished viewing and I dont see this show lasting to long...

To me, from the previews anyway, it looks like a ripoff of The Big Bang Theory (which I love!). I don't see a few of the new shows lasting long this season.

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :).
post #12727 of 18955 Old 09-02-2011, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Everyone tries to copycat good shows.

I've seen the previews and some of the things like the things the lead does are very annoying.

Of the new shows this fall, "Ringer" on The CW really excites me and I'm a sucker for remakes so "Charlie's Angel's" On ABC is looking good.

I might also give "American Horror Story" On FX, "Playboy Club" on NBC and might even try to watch "Revenge" on ABC as I like the plot but feel it's too girly for me.

post #12728 of 18955 Old 09-02-2011, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

The template via "The Trick" for World Fishing Network HD (Sports Pass) is now up on channel 1158.

Update: You can now see the channel and all of it's programming. That was quicker than usual. Template goes up in the morning and video by the evening.

Based on this, it looks like it should launch on time next Wednesday the 7th.

For anyone who has Cinemax or Showtime, please do the "The Trick" on 1424-1428 and 1444-1446 respectively when you can and if your home once a day to see if video pops up on the channels over the next couple of days (Today-Tuesday)

Right now, all we see is the template screen with a guide.

It's possible they are going to launch the channels we were scheduled to get June 29 along with Fox Movie Channel HD (1375 and we cannot check since one of the HD Showcases locations is there and will move to 1368 to make room) on the next Wednesday with WFN HD and if anyone sees any video on those channels, it will let us know launch is imminent.

Thanks to anyone in advance who does/can.

post #12729 of 18955 Old 09-02-2011, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

As a side note:

Now that Netflix and Starz!/Sony will be ending their agreement next year do you think that they will offer more of the Starz! channels in HD? Or possibly making and adding a Sony Movie channel? Disney movies will be gone from Netflix as well but they have their own On-Demand movie channel so maybe they will expand those offerings as well?

Just tossing it out for discussion . Any new HD channels are welcome!

post #12730 of 18955 Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Starz does offer all of their channels in HD but when we get that June 29 update possibly next week, we going to have all the available East Coast HD and some West Coast HD feeds of HBO, Cinemax, Showtime (Family Zone is yet available in HD) and TMC but only ONE HD Starz Channel.

BHN Bakersfield has the East and West HD feeds of the main Starz channel but that's the most of all of the BHN affiliates. Time Warner has all 6 East Coast HD feeds available.

More HD Starz and The Weather Channel HD are the main channels that we have in SD and available but don't have in HD. Sundance (We have HD OD content on 1501), HSN, QVC and Fuel are in that next group.

My hope is we will get more of these later this year.

Sony Movie Channel has not popped up on cable systems yet but I think that and Shorts will start being added in the near future.

I doubt they have a second channel though unless they plan to upgrade their movies.

post #12731 of 18955 Old 09-02-2011, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

I had Starz! for Torchwood but for the price-per-month for only one HD channel really made it a money drain. While some folks will say 'watch it in SD', no, sorry, that's why I have a big HDTV to watch my shows in HD. I hope that they don't decide to take away the discs as they are doing with streaming!

I am still holding out hope for NFLN and Weather. Since we are in September and month-wise not that far from the end of the year maybe we will be getting a huge update soon, with some Starz, the elusive Weather and maybe some other goodies? I know not much is left for us to get but it would be nice to start out a new year with everything we should have and let any new channels just be a nice surprise .

post #12732 of 18955 Old 09-02-2011, 12:43 PM

Liked: 10
So I got my Cisco explorer 8640 HDC. Was watching time delayed Burn Notice. While watching the screen would frequently turn all whiteish static like and then turn black for a second and then come back on. The sound was not impacted by this. Watched live tv later on and had the same issue. Any thoughts? I googled this issue and checked the 8640 thread, but didnt see anything there more then use component cables and reboot the box. My box is connected via hdmi. Thanks.
post #12733 of 18955 Old 09-02-2011, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

A bad HDMI cable? Did it happen on one channel or others? Did you reboot?

post #12734 of 18955 Old 09-02-2011, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Nayan,

Agreed on all fronts.

We should find out what's up about NFL Network by this time next week.

Weather Channel HD could be in the September notice. I was surprised GMC HD was the channel we got with InfoMas.

Who knows on Starz but that will probably come out of the blue. Not sure why we do not have those channels. Those new HD Encores will probably come with it when it's announced.

post #12735 of 18955 Old 09-02-2011, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajamahead View Post

So I got my Cisco explorer 8640 HDC. Was watching time delayed Burn Notice. While watching the screen would frequently turn all whiteish static like and then turn black for a second and then come back on. The sound was not impacted by this. Watched live tv later on and had the same issue. Any thoughts? I googled this issue and checked the 8640 thread, but didnt see anything there more then use component cables and reboot the box. My box is connected via hdmi. Thanks.

That sounds like an hdmi issue. Set the resolution to 1080i output only in the settings. That should fix it.
post #12736 of 18955 Old 09-03-2011, 08:14 AM

Brighthouse in Bakersfield is now showing an add; regarding their comming contract with Fox , that expires in Dec. Several chs are affected, Like Fx, Speed, Fuel, Fox movie ch, Fox Deportes,etc . Any where else seeing these ads
post #12737 of 18955 Old 09-03-2011, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Feb,

We are not.

I believe these were the same channels that were up at the end of 2009. I'd be surprised if the deal was only two years.

I've heard Fox News might be coming up for renewal but the above were renewed almost two years ago.

Even if it is true, they will not get pulled as both sides will come to an agreement at the end like Viacom after midnight Jan 1, 2009, just like Fox the following year and just like the ABC/ESPN family of networks last September.

The providers always come to an agreement except Dish Network.

post #12738 of 18955 Old 09-03-2011, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post

Feb,

We are not.

I believe these were the same channels that were up at the end of 2009. I'd be surprised if the deal was only two years.

I've heard Fox News might be coming up for renewal but the above were renewed almost two years ago.

Even if it is true, they will not get pulled as both sides will come to an agreement at the end like Viacom after midnight Jan 1, 2009, just like Fox the following year and just like the ABC/ESPN family of networks last September.

The providers always come to an agreement except Dish Network.

a few years ago, directv's contract with versus expired. the channel was dark a little more than 6 months before the two sides came to an agreement. i was able to get center ice for free that year because of the dispute. that was nice of dtv!!
post #12739 of 18955 Old 09-03-2011, 11:56 PM
AVS Special Member

iceturkee,

Thanks for reminding me on that.

DTV and Comcast have very bad blood between them so that also was a factor.

post #12740 of 18955 Old 09-04-2011, 05:00 AM

just my 2 cents about something. tried to watch the ucf game saturday night, projected to 73 inches on my wall. looked like a group of martians had landed in orlando as the picture had a god awful green tint. it wasn't me, it was bhn. you would think with the amount of money they ponied up for naming rights to ucf's stadium, they could invest in decent cameras and editing equipment. plus, the pre game host was so bad, he had to look at his notes every two seconds. egads!!
post #12741 of 18955 Old 09-04-2011, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

There HD on BHN is not that good either.

Ever watch "Sports Connection".

It would be nice if they upgraded it. Who was the pregame host?

On another note, TWC did not strike a deal with LongHorn Network and this could be a sign NFL Network/RedZone won't happen by week's end.

I'm still thinking a deal happens. You feeling the same way Turkee?

post #12742 of 18955 Old 09-04-2011, 05:37 AM

Quote:

There HD on BHN is not that good either.

Ever watch "Sports Connection".

It would be nice if they upgraded it. Who was the pregame host?

On another note, TWC did not strike a deal with LongHorn Network and this could be a sign NFL Network/RedZone won't happen by week's end.

I'm still thinking a deal happens. You feeling the same way Turkee?

yeah, i watched it friday night because i wanted to watch the mainland-deland game

the pregame guy, i remember his first name is jeff. and i believe his last name was driscoll (spelling?) or something close to that.

i haven't given up on nfl network. i'm still hopeful something will be done by next weekend.
post #12743 of 18955 Old 09-04-2011, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceturkee View Post
looked like a group of martians had landed in orlando as the picture had a god awful green tint.
LOL! I am in the middle of planning a trip to Roswell next spring so your comment fit perfectly! Some things are really painful to watch and BHSN, at times, is one of them. I know they try but they really do need to upgrade the equipment.

post #12744 of 18955 Old 09-05-2011, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

And hopefully they will.

Speaking of BHN, Let's hope they give us that June 29 update with WFN HD on Wednesday. If we get WFN HD and not those 9 channels, we know something is up. After all, originally they said they were delayed until September. Hope I'm not sounding like a broken record on this thing.

Also, those Team and Game HD channels have been delay for TWC NYC. They have a lot of delays so no word if that will have any bearing on if we get them on time September 30. I'd like to get them on time to get them off the list but the only people that might be pissed are NHL fans as the MLB season will be over and the NBA looks like it will be delayed.

Finally, were on NFL Network watch this week. May something finally happen.

I hope everyone enjoys their day off.

post #12745 of 18955 Old 09-05-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:

And hopefully they will.

Speaking of BHN, Let's hope they give us that June 29 update with WFN HD on Wednesday. If we get WFN HD and not those 9 channels, we know something is up. After all, originally they said they were delayed until September. Hope I'm not sounding like a broken record on this thing.

Also, those Team and Game HD channels have been delay for TWC NYC. They have a lot of delays so no word if that will have any bearing on if we get them on time September 30. I'd like to get them on time to get them off the list but the only people that might be pissed are NHL fans as the MLB season will be over and the NBA looks like it will be delayed.

Finally, were on NFL Network watch this week. May something finally happen.

I hope everyone enjoys their day off.

i didn't think those extra team and game hd channels were going live untimid september.
post #12746 of 18955 Old 09-05-2011, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

I heard the same. They did not give a new date though.

We will see what happens.

On another note, some TWC systems have over a hundred HD channels and no weather Channel HD like us. Just thought that was a little fishy too. I'll be glad when we finally get it.

post #12747 of 18955 Old 09-05-2011, 08:02 AM

slightly off topic. my landlord is installing dish network. i may take him up as i would pay nothing extra unless i want something beside the programming package he is getting. i would be willing to pay 5 or 10 dollars extra a month to get nfl network and red zone in hd. unless, of course, twc gets a contact done in the next few days.
post #12748 of 18955 Old 09-05-2011, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

iceturkee,

What package is your landlord getting?

Outside of the Platinum package, all they have that BHN does not is.........

HDNet, NFL Network, RFD-TV, Veria and The Weather Channel along with more Starz and Cinemax West.

If it's free though, you should consider it although it would suck to lose ya on this thread.

post #12749 of 18955 Old 09-05-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:

iceturkee,

What package is your landlord getting?

Outside of the Platinum package, all they have that BHN does not is.........

HDNet, NFL Network, RFD-TV, Veria and The Weather Channel along with more Starz and Cinemax West.

If it's free though, you should consider it although it would suck to lose ya on this thread.

i would keep bhn. he's getting the america's 120 package. he might get me the 200 package or just add sports package to 120. i just want nfl network and red zone so to me its worth a few extra bucks for a few months. and yes, i would get hdnet and weather channel in hd.

but if twc comes through and gets us nfl network, i won't have him put a dish receiver in my apartment.
post #12750 of 18955 Old 09-05-2011, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

We will see if your "Hunch" is right.

I'm really hoping we finally get it by the end of the week.

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page