Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #14521 of 18819 Old 04-27-2012, 11:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Nayan: I have a good feeling about NFL Network this year. They got close last year so hopefully it happens.

Kevin: I think it will be at least Sundance HD given how it just got announced for a third TWC system. Then again, HSN HD and QVC HD are on most if not all TWC systems so you never know.

We will probably find out about NFL Network from the media when it happens so I doubt we hear about it in the notice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14522 of 18819 Old 04-28-2012, 02:05 AM
AVS Special Member

For the people who do not look over the link in my signature or just feel it is too long, here are possibilities for Monday's notice.

The following channels are currently on other Bright House (Only Nuvo TV and RFD-TV) and other Time Warner Cable Systems.

Africa Channel HD
Fuel TV HD
Halogen HD
HSN HD
Jewlery TV HD
NHK World HD
Nuvo TV HD
QVC HD
RFD-TV HD
Sundance HD
TV Japan HD

While there are hopes that 1 of the remaining big 3 (NFL Network, AXS.TV/HDNet Movies and more HD Starz) things in HD we do not have will be in the notice, it might not be that likely although all have a reasonable chance of happening this year.

- If NFL Network/RedZone happens, we will likely find out about it via the Internet on a news day not via a notice and not until at least August or September so they can avoid paying he high costs until the schedule of 13 games starts.

Given how close they were last year along with the extra games that were added, my gut says it happens in August or September.

- AXS.TV HD (HDNet) and HDNet Movies actually have a shot to return to TWC/BHN three years after they were pulled. There had been no talk of them being re-added until Ryan Seacrest's company bought a share of the channel. There main goal is to get back some of the systems they lost over the past couple of years and Mark Cuban did say when I asked him about Time Warner Cable/Bright House "We are talking to them".

I've read June or possibly sometime this summer is when the change to AXS.TV will take place. If they can get a deal done to get AXS.TV HD (Maybe they will lower the price even more to get it on Digital Basic) on Digital Basic, we will likely see HDNet Movies on the HD Pak or Movie Pass. BTW: Anyone notice how nothing has been added to HD Pak in around 3 years? Maybe they will eventually merge the two packages. The real prize to getting a deal is the HDNet Movies fans (I've never watched the channel) getting that channel back that they miss so much.

It could be a possibility for the notice but I'm thinking something on the deals above.

- More HD Starz/Encore, Indieplex HD and RetroPlex HD could all be strong possibilities once TWC/BHN has a new deal with them. I would expect all of these to be in the deal.

It is like with The Weather Channel HD and their month to month deal. I do not expect more HD until a deal is done. Given how it has been on month to month deals for 2-3 years, you would expect a resolution soon and hopefully there will be but we will probably see them off of the month to month deals before we see more HD announced for them.

Those are the big 3 and while they might not happen in this month, there is a chance could fall into place by the end of the year.

My gut is saying Sundance HD and maybe a few other HD channels on that list announced for sometime in June.

We will see Monday morning.
post #14523 of 18819 Old 04-28-2012, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody else having "try again" issues with all HD movie channels and many other HD channels? Started last night and reboots do not solve the problem.

Mike
post #14524 of 18819 Old 04-28-2012, 11:28 AM

Liked: 11
BHNtechXpert are you still interested in hearing about "non new" programs that are recording on accident? Or have we decided that its some sort of guide data error?

I have several of them from different shows sitting on my box now from this past week or so. None of these are new and all of them are set to only record new episodes:

Mythbusters - DISCHD
Dual Survival - DISCHD - 2x (same episode neither new)
Storage Wars - AEHD - 2x (same episode neither new)
American Pickers - HISTHD
post #14525 of 18819 Old 04-28-2012, 08:01 PM

I would be happy with Starz HD on demand.
post #14526 of 18819 Old 04-28-2012, 08:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post

Nayan,

Hotel HD is not good at all and yes I prefer BHN to DTV anyday.

Common abbreviations used at AVS:

DTV = Digital TV, as in over the air broadcast stations

D* = DirecTV

Edits made.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #14527 of 18819 Old 04-28-2012, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

VGPOP: Unlikely until a new deal with Starz is done.

Ken H: Sorry about that and thanks.
post #14528 of 18819 Old 04-29-2012, 12:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Ken H: Sorry about that and thanks.

We're here to serve.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #14529 of 18819 Old 04-29-2012, 06:04 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin120 View Post

Wonder what it is hopefully it is something good. It might be the NFL Network just maybe as another cable company just got a deal done with the NFL Network. I have seen channels added before that are out of season such as Gunnison Colorado getting MLB Network HD when the season is almost over. So it might be the NFL Network!

My TWC area is starting to deploy Cisco and Samsung cable boxes in addition to Motorola boxes all of these new Boxes are using DSG (DOCSIS SETTOP GATEWAY) Cable modems are used for communications also the DCX-M motorola boxes use it as well.

So my system is deploying:

Samsung SMT-3362
Samsung SMT-3372
Cisco 4742HDC
Cisco 8742HDC
Motorola DCX3400M
Motorola DCX3200Mp2
Motorola DCX3510

So Kevin,what your saying is that these new stb can be used to hook up your internet device ala the way uverse stb.

I have the samsung 3272 and the specs read that it can be used for internet as well but BHN choses to disable the feature.

I wish BHN would enable the 3272 to output the internet so I can connect my ps3/roku to it.In the meantime I have to use ethernet wall plug ins.

@ BHNTechsupport/Gary please put in a request in for me for BHN to enable the WHDVRS stb with moca to output the internet.The feature is there ,it just needs to be enabled in the software.
post #14530 of 18819 Old 04-29-2012, 12:50 PM

Anybody here having issues logging in to their cable modem/router that comes with Lightning? I keep trying to access the configuration page by going to 192.168.0.1 and get nothing. I've tried to access it both wirelessly and with a wired connection. I have the Ubee.
post #14531 of 18819 Old 04-29-2012, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

So Kevin,what your saying is that these new stb can be used to hook up your internet device ala the way uverse stb.

I have the samsung 3272 and the specs read that it can be used for internet as well but BHN choses to disable the feature.

I wish BHN would enable the 3272 to output the internet so I can connect my ps3/roku to it.In the meantime I have to use ethernet wall plug ins.

@ BHNTechsupport/Gary please put in a request in for me for BHN to enable the WHDVRS stb with moca to output the internet.The feature is there ,it just needs to be enabled in the software.

no I am saying that the boxes use the DOCSIS channels for communications back to the headend and also don't use the legacy OOB and motorola upstreams to communicate with the headend. These new boxes use the DOCSIS channels to get guide data, use them for the new search in ODN 5.0, and any SDV, Startover, VOD, Lookback, PPV request is send over DOCSIS.

My system is 860MHz with legacy iGuide boxes using the motorola OOB and Aloha return as well as the newer boxes that have Navigator ODN and DOCSIS for headend communications.
post #14532 of 18819 Old 04-29-2012, 03:00 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:

no I am saying that the boxes use the DOCSIS channels for communications back to the headend and also don't use the legacy OOB and motorola upstreams to communicate with the headend. These new boxes use the DOCSIS channels to get guide data, use them for the new search in ODN 5.0, and any SDV, Startover, VOD, Lookback, PPV request is send over DOCSIS.

My system is 860MHz with legacy iGuide boxes using the motorola OOB and Aloha return as well as the newer boxes that have Navigator ODN and DOCSIS for headend communications.

You are correct however if the box cannot secure a docsis channel back it will fall back on the legacy method. This is relatively new btw....not sure if all regions have this enabled yet and not all boxes.

~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~
post #14533 of 18819 Old 04-29-2012, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHNtechXpert View Post

You are correct however if the box cannot secure a docsis channel back it will fall back on the legacy method. This is relatively new btw....not sure if all regions have this enabled yet and not all boxes.

so basically those boxes in my area have Motorola cable cards and if they can't lock onto a DOCSIS carrier they will fall back onto the legacy motorola oob and upstreams since my area has motorola Tuning adapters and older motorola boxes without a system overlay for Scientific Atlanta boxes?

Also please tell is there a chance that the legal notice for you guys has a hint of NFL Network or is it basically month to month agreement adds?
post #14534 of 18819 Old 04-29-2012, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 133
I have no idea on the channel adds but I am awaiting the notice news from George! Hopefully it'll be something good .

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :). Crap I say
post #14535 of 18819 Old 04-29-2012, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

If we get NFL Network, I bet we hear it from the news wires rather than a notice.

My guess for tomorrow is Sundance HD and maybe some other stuff.

While I am going to let George announce, I'll PM you and Nayan with the notice details after I get back from the store.
post #14536 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 02:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Everyone,

We do indeed have a notice this morning with HD and it's more than one channel. However, it's not one of the big three but I do feel Bright House really listened to customers about one of the channels as it was requested often.

I'm going to allow George to announce the HD news.

However, here are the month to month agreement changes.

- Game Show Network (GSN) is now officially on the month to month deals.

- WKMG (CBS) and LATV (WKMG dumped this for Retro TV Network) are off the month to month agreements. If they were not going to pull it in April or May, they were not going to pull it at all anyway. Glad we did not go through the same garbage as last time.

- Gol TV expires June 18.

I'll be re-posting my big list this afternoon after George's post.
post #14537 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:

Everyone,

We do indeed have a notice this morning with HD and it's more than one channel. However, it's not one of the big three but I do feel Bright House really listened to customers about one of the channels as it was requested often.

I'm going to allow George to announce the HD news.

However, here are the month to month agreement changes.

- Game Show Network (GSN) is now officially on the month to month deals.

- WKMG (CBS) and LATV (WKMG dumped this for Retro TV Network) are off the month to month agreements. If they were not going to pull it in April or May, they were not going to pull it at all anyway. Glad we did not go through the same garbage as last time.

- Gol TV expires June 18.

I'll be re-posting my big list this afternoon after George's post.

So you didn't get NFL but you did get a couple of the channels on your list HD

~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~
post #14538 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:

So you didn't get NFL but you did get a couple of the channels on your list HD

my guess is sundance and fuel hd.
post #14539 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 10:31 AM

Is anyone going to tell us what the new channels are???
post #14540 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:

Wonder what it is hopefully it is something good. It might be the NFL Network just maybe as another cable company just got a deal done with the NFL Network. I have seen channels added before that are out of season such as Gunnison Colorado getting MLB Network HD when the season is almost over. So it might be the NFL Network!

My TWC area is starting to deploy Cisco and Samsung cable boxes in addition to Motorola boxes all of these new Boxes are using DSG (DOCSIS SETTOP GATEWAY) Cable modems are used for communications also the DCX-M motorola boxes use it as well.

So my system is deploying:

Samsung SMT-3362
Samsung SMT-3372
Cisco 4742HDC
Cisco 8742HDC
Motorola DCX3400M
Motorola DCX3200Mp2
Motorola DCX3510

Kevin,

I should clarify one thing. While things are being prepped for this it isn't active yet. Coming soon to a region near you

post #14541 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltaire10 View Post

Is anyone going to tell us what the new channels are???

Well, we're waiting for George since I don't get Florida Today and notices anymore. I know what we got but since I handed him the reigns it's only fair that he announce them.

post #14542 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 12:07 PM

it would be nice if someone is going to volunteer to get the paper the day the legal ad appears that they not wait until evening to let the class know. just my 2 cents.
post #14543 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceturkee View Post

it would be nice if someone is going to volunteer to get the paper the day the legal ad appears that they not wait until evening to let the class know. just my 2 cents.

I nominate HDOrlando as the official news bearer...

@BHNtechx

Will the whdvr stb's with moca ever be enabled to output a lan/internet signal.Just about every new HDTV has smart app features and it would be nice to connect your internet enabled tv to the back of the stb for a lan signal.....I had uverse prior and their stb provided said feature thanks....

PS.....We the people want our NFLNETWORK,tell your bosses..
post #14544 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 PM

The anticipation is killing me and I don't even live in FL!
post #14545 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 12:53 PM

just post the information on the new channels - who cares who posts it, i am sure this george person won't...
post #14546 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Kevin,

I should clarify one thing. While things are being prepped for this it isn't active yet. Coming soon to a region near you

I am actually in a lucky test market that Time Warner Cable has launched the Advanced DOCSIS Settop Gateway! My area got the motorola multrioom last year with ADSG active at launch of Navigator 5.0 in my market and this year they have introduced the Samsung 33xx line of boxes and 8742/4742HDCs as well for signature home and whole house DVR customers. My market is 860MHz motorola so they needed to use ADSG to get Navigator working in my area.
post #14547 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

We're getting Fuel HD and Nasa HD in June.

post #14548 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman865 View Post

The anticipation is killing me and I don't even live in FL!

LOL! Welcome to "Florida" .

post #14549 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 03:10 PM

so what is the best non-dvr cable box to get these days?

Nayan: thanks for the update ...the suspense was killing me. not really what I was hoping for though.

Jason
post #14550 of 18819 Old 04-30-2012, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Oh you're welcome .

I have a Samsung non-DVR box which I like and I think it's model #4262. It does have a few quirks, though I am not sure if it's the box itself or my cable. Overall it's a nice box. They have a Pioneer box too but I think that one is a non-HD.

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page