Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #18841 of 18843 Old 07-26-2014, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Nayan: Me too especially since they seem to be showing more movies with the movies from FearNet already starting to come over.

R-U-Q-R-U: I actually do not think it is worth having any of HBO/SHO/MAX/STARZ anymore especially with what you get on basic and digital basic.

On HBO, I do miss Real Time with Bill Maher and Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. I would also like to see Last Week with John Oliver and some Documentaries but it's not worth $20 a month.

I have not seen any of Cinemax's new series and have no interest in Starz.

I'm leaning towards just ordering Showtime for two days durin the holidays to binge this season of Homeland. While Showtime is still an option with their Indy movies, The TMC split from the package further turns me off.

EPIX is actually a great value compared to other packages. You get nice OD and I love that Drive-In Channel.

At $5, it's also a better bargain than HD Pak $5 and the $10 soon to be FearNet-less Movie Pass when you mostly just get Encore and Plex.

I might just get EPIX after the trial.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18842 of 18843 Old 07-26-2014, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 135
The only Premium channel I have is HBO. It is expensive but I watch pretty much every show they have and use HBO Go to watch the ones I've never seen so to me it's worth the money. I will probably end up dropping the Movie Pass as I really don't watch it as much and with Fearnet shutting down there's no reason to keep it. I am definitely getting EPIX once the trial is over though.

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :). Crap I say
post #18843 of 18843 Old 07-27-2014, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
It's notice week.

The notice will likely have SEC Network in there and word that FearNet is shutting down. It is indeed official that it all ends Thursday at midnight.

http://www.fearnet.com/videos/fearnet-farewell

The real question is if possibilities like LongHorn Network, Pac 12 Regionals or something like Pivot, Revolt or something new will be in there.

I get the paper Wednesday and Thursday and will see it at my barber's on Tuesday.

Anyone getting it Monday?
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page