Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #18901 of 18905 Old 08-16-2014, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unhappy

Staying on topic, I to was visited by Brighthouse the other day. They gave me a samsung smt-h3090. Guide lags, and so does the channel changing. I would like to exchange the stb. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18902 of 18905 Old 08-16-2014, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Cisco 100%. I was very unhappy with the last Samsung I got and will only take one if that's all they have, but I love my Cisco.

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :). Crap I say
post #18903 of 18905 Old 08-16-2014, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator5000e View Post
. Has anyone gotten one of the new samsung 6 tuner DVRs from BHN?
I currently have a Samsung whole house dvr so I might be used to the quality you speak of. How do I get one of these 6 channel dvrs... Did you just walk in and ask for one?

Do they work as a whole house DVR "parent" (maybe that's the wrong word for the server for the child boxes)
post #18904 of 18905 Old 08-17-2014, 06:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
You can ask for the 6-Tuner or Enhanced DVR.

The Samsung is the SMT-H4372 which is different than the other Samsungs discussed here. I had the Cisco 8742HDC, and this Samsung is faster and shows no signs of lag for me. Picture quality may be slightly softer than the Cisco, but mainly if you're trying to examine it up close or have a much larger screen than my 40". Gator5000e is having "washed out" video that wasn't just answered with a "yeah buddy, whatever" response.... at least not from me. Problem is, others haven't been able to replicate what he's seeing. Gator5000e, you should post to the direct forums with your exact equipment chain (model numbers, etc.) so Gary can make note for the hardware developers to test if they can. I just don't see a quick fix available. Maybe try the Arris DCX-3600 model when it's available in CFL.

It cannot currently be used as a Whole House DVR and does not support Picture-in-Picture.
post #18905 of 18905 Old 08-18-2014, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thanks, Kevin. My guess the picture changes I see on my TV are more noticeable due to the larger screen (65"). It may not be a "problem" with the samsung, it may be a characteristic of the box itself. I would like to try the Arris. Any idea when it might be available in CFL? I also miss the picture in picture. I am hoping that enough people will request this feature so that BHN adds it with an update.The 6 tuners would allow some nice options for the PIP.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page