Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #18931 of 18946 Old 09-03-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 150
I am all set! I ordered EPIX, already had Sports Pass and my Sunday food menus are all in order. Let football season commence!!

I hope a deal does get done with the NHL. It would be nice to have that finally off the MTM.

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :).
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18932 of 18946 Old 09-03-2014, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Dallas is apparently getting Jewelry TV duplicated on channel 78 in digital format only on Digital Basic tier I wonder why bother unless they are going to put it on the expanded basic tier digital only lol :P

some other areas are also having Jewelry TV added to a channel below 100.
post #18933 of 18946 Old 09-03-2014, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 31
That might show a deal for Jewelry TV is close as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18934 of 18946 Old 09-04-2014, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

FamilyNet now has retro programming HD episodes of "Charlie's Angel's" and T.J. Hooker" like NBC Universal used to have.

Just now, I saw a line that RFD-TV will be added to millions of households that carry just FamilyNet. They expect to announce agreements in the coming month.

Not sure if this will effect us but you never know.
Nayan likes this.

post #18935 of 18946 Old 09-04-2014, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wasn't the Movie Channel supposed to be removed from your channel lineup, September 1st?

I still have it in mine. I really hope BH doesnt charge me an extra $14 dollars without my authorization.
post #18936 of 18946 Old 09-04-2014, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I would call them or do online chat to make sure you're not getting charged for it.

post #18937 of 18946 Old 09-05-2014, 08:43 PM

I just checked. They removed it today. It took them five days.
post #18938 of 18946 Old 09-13-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

RFD-TV got a deal with AT&T. They had previously only had FamilyNet.

That line across the programming I believe indicated more systems.

The TWC deal is on MTM's and RFD-TV is trying really hard to use the mergers to fight for carriage.

Since BHN does not know what they want to do yet if the TWC-Comcast merger goes through, I doubt a renewal would effect us especially since Gary indicated they don't want to add it outside of the Bakersfield market.

We will see though. After all, not much else to talk about these days with a dried up possibilities list and no channels in serious danger of being dropped.

post #18939 of 18946 Old 09-13-2014, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

I think a lot of things are going to hinge on the merger. Sadly at this point there's more questions than answers and we just have to play the waiting game.

post #18940 of 18946 Old 09-15-2014, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGPOP View Post
I just checked. They removed it today. It took them five days.
I still had TMC as of last week. I, like VGPOP, was concerned that I would be charged since the letter said the subscription would end 9/1. After an hour "chat" with Jermaine of BHN, I gave up and said I would call in. For some reason, he was having to remove Showtime and TMC, and when Showtime was added back to the account the cost was going up to $14 (there was a 3-month intro at $10/month). I told him that was a load of crap and not to make any of the changes. I'm hoping it will work itself out...maybe it's tied to each subscriber's billing cycle?
post #18941 of 18946 Old 09-16-2014, 06:06 AM

DVI & Enhanced DVR

Hi Folks!

I currently have a CISCO DVR connected to my "old" HDTV via component (Y,P, B) cables. The TV does not have HDMI connectors, but does have a DVI connector. I ordered the new "enhanced" DVR that can record up to 6 programs at once and I just read that it requires an HDMI connection. The rep did not mention that requirement, so now I am scrambling to find out if will work with a "HDMI to DVI-D" adapter, otherwise I will have to cancel the installation appointment.

Anyone connecting a BH set top box using an HDMI to DVD adapter? Does it work?

Note: The TV is a HITACHI 51SWX20B.

Thanks!
post #18942 of 18946 Old 09-16-2014, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

HDOrlando check this out looks like Northeast Ohio is finally getting some love :

TIME WARNER CABLE We are currently involved in discussions regarding the services and/or stations listed below. While we cannot guarantee that we will reach agreement with the relevant programmers and/or broadcasters, we are listing these services/stations here in the event that those discussions lead to the dropping or addition of the following services/stations: American Life/Youtoo TV, Jewelry TV, NHL Network, NHL Network HD, NHL Center Ice, Outdoor Channel, Outdoor Channel HD and RFD-TV. From time to time we make certain changes in the services that we offer in order to better serve our customers. The following changes are planned: Sports Time Ohio may be repositioned to the Digital Variety Tier. On or after September 24, 2014, WJET-DT2 MeTV will be added in Starter TV on Ch. 987 in the City of Erie, Corry and Suburban Erie. On or after September 25, 2014, the following On Demand services will be added: Epix On Demand on 590/1590, Encore On Demand on 289/1289, Filipino Channel On Demand on 850. On or after October 1, NHL Network will be made available in the Digital Variety package. NHL Network will remain on channels 324 and 1324. On or after October 17, 2014, the following channels will be added to Variety Pass: Smithsonian Channel channel 145; Revolt HD channel 1264, Al Jazeera America HD channel 1376, QVC Plus channel 179, Nick Toons HD channel 1104, Nick Jr. HD channel 1107. The following channels will be added in Sports Pass: Universal Sports and Universal Sports HD channels 314 and 1314, BeIn Sports and BeIn Sports HD channels 337 and 1337, TV Games Network channel 332, English Premiere League and English Premier League HD channels 771 - 775 and 1771 - 1775. The following channels will be added to Nuestra Tele: BeIn Sports Espanol and BeIn Sports Espanol HD channels 836 and 837. The following premium channels will be added: Epix East HD, Epix West HD, Epix 2 HD and Epix 3 HD channels 1591 - 1594; Starz Edge HD, Stars Comedy HD, Starz Black HD, Starz Cinema HD channels 1678 - 1682, Encore Drama HD and Encore Action HD channels 1293 & 1296. Digital cable ready equipment, such as a digital set-top box or CableCARD equipped Unidirectional Digital Cable Product, will be required to view Smithsonian Channel, Revolt HD, Al Jazeera America HD, QVC Plus, Universal Sports, Universal Sports HD, BeIn Sports, BeIn Sports HD, BeIn Sports Espanol, BeIn Sports Espanol HD, English Premier League, English Premier League HD, Nick Toons HD, Nick Jr. HD, Epix HD channels, TV Games Network, Starz HD channels, Encore HD channels. ShopHQ HD will be available in the same package where ShopHQ is currently carried. On or after October 30, 2014, Here TV premium service will be added on channel 690. On or after November 4, 2014, TV Games Network will be added to Sports Pass. TV Games will remain on channel 332. For up-to-date listings of our packages and channels, visit our website at www.timewarnercable.com. Programming is subject to change. Not all services available in all areas; changes may vary by location. Restrictions may apply. Sep 17
post #18943 of 18946 Old 09-16-2014, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Very nice and in that notice, there are even more signs a new deal for NHL Network/NHL Center Ice is close.

post #18944 of 18946 Old 09-16-2014, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDOrlando View Post
Very nice and in that notice, there are even more signs a new deal for NHL Network/NHL Center Ice is close.
from the notices that I am seeing for Texas we are getting: BYU TV, ShopHQ HD, here! TV premium 24x7 channel to complement the VOD channel. Would love for the Dallas notice to mention NHL Network being added along with TV Land HD, and MTV2 HD being added :P
post #18945 of 18946 Old 09-17-2014, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Hopefully, it will happen.

May BHN Bakersfield also get NHL Network.

On that notice, the only thing we do not have is Revolt and it does not seem like BHN will be adding it.

post #18946 of 18946 Old 09-18-2014, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Red face

I just got the new "enhanced" DVR also. I have my TV (Hitachi 51S500) connected to an audio amp/HDMI switch and that is connected to the TV with an HDMI to DVI adapter cable and it is working good. I'm not sure of the type of adapter but the book shows it as a DVI-HDTV connection. The audio is handled by the audio amp.

I hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepalace View Post
Hi Folks!

I currently have a CISCO DVR connected to my "old" HDTV via component (Y,P, B) cables. The TV does not have HDMI connectors, but does have a DVI connector. I ordered the new "enhanced" DVR that can record up to 6 programs at once and I just read that it requires an HDMI connection. The rep did not mention that requirement, so now I am scrambling to find out if will work with a "HDMI to DVI-D" adapter, otherwise I will have to cancel the installation appointment.

Anyone connecting a BH set top box using an HDMI to DVD adapter? Does it work?

Note: The TV is a HITACHI 51SWX20B.

Thanks!
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page