Forum Jump: 
 40Likes

post #19051 of 19059 Old 11-24-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Nothing I'm really interested in on the horizon but I like to see the notices anyway.

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :). Crap I say
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19052 of 19059 Old 11-24-2014, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 33
It's just nice to stay on top of things especially The MTM's.

I doubt Pivot is coming anytime soon so I'm not really anxious and appreciate all of the rest we do have.

In terms of HD, it's all about the holdouts now and Wvvolfan is considering having a section for the holdouts on the main chart.

Guess it's all about having a full HD experience that BHN has just about given us.
post #19053 of 19059 Old 11-24-2014, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The bright house tv app got an upgrade today bringing on demand to the app.
post #19054 of 19059 Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
A bunch of the On Demand offerings on the app are locked out to me telling me I need to subscribe even though I do already - like Showtime. Also some Fox stuff is locked out and we all get Fox. Seems like a work in progress. I tried to use the filter option for sports and nothing showed. That leads me to this little rant:

Instead of adding all this stuff to the app, why doesn't BHN concentrate on giving the main user guide/interface on the STBs more features, functionality and options. I pay BHN a lot of money every month to watch TV on my big screen, not on some little 4-9" screen. So I don't understand why more time and effort isn't spent on the user interface. A big deal is being made how the updated app now has the Last 10 channels viewed feature. So what?! Put that feature in the main user interface where it can be of use!

As a former DirecTV customer, I can say the DirecTV user interface blows BHN's out of the water. Not even close on options, functionality, ease of use, picture quality for PPVs and On Demand, etc.. BHN seems to be taking features away instead of adding features - like PIP, for example. For me personally, watching more TV out of the house is not a priority (I watch too much when I am home) so I am not really sure the attraction there. Anbd even D*'s app allows you to pull up a virtual remote control to access all the functions the regular D* remote has.

Anyway, rant over, for now!!
Nayan likes this.
post #19055 of 19059 Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator5000e View Post
A bunch of the On Demand offerings on the app are locked out to me telling me I need to subscribe even though I do already - like Showtime. Also some Fox stuff is locked out and we all get Fox. Seems like a work in progress. I tried to use the filter option for sports and nothing showed. That leads me to this little rant:

Instead of adding all this stuff to the app, why doesn't BHN concentrate on giving the main user guide/interface on the STBs more features, functionality and options. I pay BHN a lot of money every month to watch TV on my big screen, not on some little 4-9" screen. So I don't understand why more time and effort isn't spent on the user interface. A big deal is being made how the updated app now has the Last 10 channels viewed feature. So what?! Put that feature in the main user interface where it can be of use!

As a former DirecTV customer, I can say the DirecTV user interface blows BHN's out of the water. Not even close on options, functionality, ease of use, picture quality for PPVs and On Demand, etc.. BHN seems to be taking features away instead of adding features - like PIP, for example. For me personally, watching more TV out of the house is not a priority (I watch too much when I am home) so I am not really sure the attraction there. Anbd even D*'s app allows you to pull up a virtual remote control to access all the functions the regular D* remote has.

Anyway, rant over, for now!!
What future form direct TV guide do you want bright house to add.
post #19056 of 19059 Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotsdavid View Post
What future form direct TV guide do you want bright house to add.
Well, I would the like the Quick Tune feature where you can set 9 favorite channels for easy tuning to those channels. It was very easy to change the channels you wanted in the quick tune box. There was a button on the DirecTV remote that pulled up the box with the nine channels and you chose one of the 9 from within the box. They also have a last 4-5 channels viewed, again accessed via a button on the remote and it would like the last 4-5 channels you were watching and you could tune to one of those quickly. I would be happy with those features for now. They would be handy. Now if you want to jump around to watch a number of college football games you are really able to only quickly tune to two channels using the previous button. Since BHN uses 4 number channels on its HD channels, it's a real PIA to have to keep entering 4 numbers on the remote to get to a new channel. Having the ability to pre program 9 channels means you can instantly change to one of a number of games.Also, the DirecTV guide lets customize the guide to show only what you want to show. And you can have 3-4 custom guides if you want.

So those would do for now.
Nayan likes this.
post #19057 of 19059 Old Yesterday, 03:14 PM

Those would be nice to have
Nayan likes this.
post #19058 of 19059 Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Totally understand Gator. I am hanging on to the box I have for dear life, since it seems to be the only one that has PIP. I have already made the decision that when this box goes, I go. I am willing to compromise on many things, but this is not one of them. I really don't care about apps or any of that other stuff. Like you, I do all my viewing at home and would rather see enhancements to the STB than worry about if I can watch certain shows on my phone.

I'm a 'hooker' and a knitter. I guess that makes me bi-stitchual :). Crap I say
post #19059 of 19059 Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM

I have picture in picture, but I never use it
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page