Orlando, FL - BHN - Page 643 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 79Likes
post #19261 of 19287 Old 04-19-2015, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Oriolesmagic: I did not know that about the data caps going away. Thanks for letting us know.

The CEO definitely turned things around. I remember when they had hardly any HD.

Maya: More options is always good but getting your lawn cut up sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19262 of 19287 Old 04-19-2015, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotsdavid View Post
I would love to have 1 gbps internet but it's gonna to be really expensive
I know! I cant imagine me or any of my neighbors spending more than what they already do for faster internet either.
post #19263 of 19287 Old 04-19-2015, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Internet prices are insane! I know I won't be going faster anytime soon.

As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two. Crap I say <--- the unhacked version ;)
post #19264 of 19287 Old 04-20-2015, 03:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya68 View Post
Not quite a la carte but getting there... I wonder how much they will be charging.

Verizon FIOS to let you pick and choose cable channels
I saw a commercial for this last night out of the Tampa market... $79.95 a month? And that may have been a starting price..... I was watching off the antenna, so no DVR to go back and look.....
post #19265 of 19287 Old 04-20-2015, 03:55 AM
AVS Special Member

This was posted over on HOTP, but ESPN is not very happy with Verizon's new packages right now. Yeah, almost $70/month to start though and not such a great deal imo:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/18/84...ract-says-espn
Maya68 likes this.

As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two. Crap I say <--- the unhacked version ;)
post #19266 of 19287 Old 04-22-2015, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Here in Socal (starting from yesterday or so), I am able to view the NHL Network on Time Warner even though I subscribe to Variety. Wonder if I am getting a Free Preview, or did rumored move from the Sports to Variety Tier finally happen?
post #19267 of 19287 Old 04-22-2015, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Damn it!

2 minutes left in The Spurs-Clippers Game and they are doing a box update.

Wacky: I expect this to be the case with NHL Network on both TWC and BHN systems.
post #19268 of 19287 Old 04-23-2015, 04:52 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
This was posted over on HOTP, but ESPN is not very happy with Verizon's new packages right now. Yeah, almost $70/month to start though and not such a great deal imo:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/18/84...ract-says-espn
The $70 includes 25 Mbit internet so maybe its not sooooo bad.
post #19269 of 19287 Old 04-23-2015, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It's a good time for the move for nhl network because of the nhl playoffs, while it's also a good time for a preview. I hope it moved to lower package
post #19270 of 19287 Old 04-23-2015, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

NHL Network is still on Sports Pass here. We might see some news in next week's notice.
post #19271 of 19287 Old 04-23-2015, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Things keep sounding ore bleak about the Comcast-TWC merger.

I never thought it would be approved and now it seems really unlikely.

If it is not approved, we will have to see if TWC takes Bright House for themselves and/or Charter just buys Time Warner Cable and still gets Bright House.
Maya68 and Nayan like this.
post #19272 of 19287 Old 04-23-2015, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

It would be a bad deal all around if that merger went through, especially since Comcast owns quite a number of channels. It would certainly let them ask for the moon when renewal time came up, meaning higher prices for consumers or loss of channels if providers told them to take a hike, neither of which is a good scenario. When (not if) it falls through, we'll have to see what happens between Charter/TWC/BHN.

post #19273 of 19287 Old 04-23-2015, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

And Comcast says forget it, we're not merging...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/bu...773522000&_r=0
dsinger likes this.

post #19274 of 19287 Old 04-23-2015, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

No surprise and this is wonderful.

Now, the question is if TWC will exercise their right of first refusal to buy Bright House or if they will let it go to Charter.

If they choose to keep Bright House, does Charter then come after TWC again.

The drama will continue.
post #19275 of 19287 Old 04-28-2015, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

We get our Legal Notice either tomorrow or Thursday.

Discovery Life HD could be in play as it appears to be available.

Daystar HD could also be in play.

It will also be interesting as always to see the MTM's.
post #19276 of 19287 Old 04-28-2015, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

If I can figure out how to do it on my Mac I can post the actual notice, since Florida Today made me an offer I couldn't refuse for digital access. As long as thy post it before I leave for vacation .

post #19277 of 19287 Old 04-28-2015, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayan View Post
If I can figure out how to do it on my Mac I can post the actual notice, since Florida Today made me an offer I couldn't refuse for digital access. As long as thy post it before I leave for vacation .
Nayan,

The Florida Today prints the notices online or do you mean taking a pic with your phone?

Either way, it's appreciated since your no longer a BHN customer.

The Orlando Sentinel sadly does not print these online. If only BHN would put these on they're website like all of the other companies.
post #19278 of 19287 Old Yesterday, 03:50 AM
AVS Special Member

My subscription is digital, meaning I get the full paper exactly as it is in print form, including comics, ads and everything else. I did see the notice last month, so I figured I would give it a shot and see if I could get it for y'all this month .

post #19279 of 19287 Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Nayan,

Nice!

That would be wonderful and just like the old days.
post #19280 of 19287 Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

No notice today.

We will get ours tomorrow.
post #19281 of 19287 Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Everyone,

The Indianapolis notice is up on the IndyStar website.

Here is a breakdown of everything.

MTM's: Reelz and youtoo. This means the Time Warner and/or Turner Networks are not on our MTM's yet. Zap2it will probably still be on ours.

News: They formally let us know DOD News (formerly The Pentagon Channel) shut down On April 17

On Demand Channel Consolidation: After May 31st, Smithsonian On Demand will fold into Natural and Knowledge On Demand

Sports Pass On Demand and Pro Sports On Demand will fold into Sports and Fitness On Demand

On or around May 31: Bright House Networks may cease carriage of Movie Pass On Demand.

They note that Disney Family Movies On Demand will still be available through Disney Family Movies On Demand

No word on where the other Movie Pass Stuff like Vutopia would go.

Out of Market Fox Sports RSN's going away: They are scrapping Indiana's out of market Fox Sports channels on or June 9.

They and likely everyone else are going to lose the out of market Fox Sports Channels. Indiana will lose FS Detroit, FS Florida, FS West and FS Wisconsin.

We probably will lose ours which are Detroit, Wisconsin, SportSouth and Prime Ticket.

Please note these channels have never really been much value unlike some other out of market RSN's like YES Network, NESN and the TWC Lakers and Dodgers channels. They have no games, think they dropped the post and pre game shows and hardly any local pro sports team programming. They will not be missed.

Channel Addition: On or after June 16, FOROtv HD for Nuestros Canales

http://classifieds.indystar.com/cate...bright%20house

NOTICE TO BRIGHT HOUSE NETWORKS CUSTOMERS This notice is to inform our Bright House Networks customers of upcoming changes to their cable programming lineup. From time to time our agreements with cable channels and television stations come up for renewal. While we do not anticipate any loss or disruption of service, regulations require us to notify you of the possibility of losing programming. Therefore, please be advised that our agreements with REELZ and Youtoo remain in effect on a month-to-month basis, but we may have to cease carriage in all formats if our authority to continue is withheld. We are working diligently at this time to come to acceptable and fair terms with all of these channels. DoD News (channel 161/HD channel 1161) shut down their signal on April 17, 2015 and is no longer available on Bright House Networks lineups. Bright House Networks may cease carriage of Sports Pass On Demand (channels 501/1501), Pro Sports On Demand (channel 414), and Smithsonian On Demand (channels 1167/1620) on or around May 31, 2015. After May 31, 2015 Smithsonian On Demand content will be found on Nature and Knowledge On Demand (channels 165/1165). Sports Pass and Pro Sports On Demand content will be found on Sports and Fitness on Demand (channels 415/1415). Bright House Networks may cease carriage of Movie Pass On Demand (channels 636/1636) on or around May 31, 2015. Please note that Disney Family Movies will still be available through Disney Family Movies On Demand (channel 125). On or after June 1, 2015, Carmel High School channel 99 will be removed from the analog lineup. Carmel High School will remain on channel 99 in digital format. Customers may contact Bright House Networks to obtain a digital device. On or after June 9, 2015, the following Sports Pass services will be removed from the channel lineup: Fox Sports Detroit Channel 464 Fox Sports Detroit HD Channel 1464 Fox Sports Florida Channel 471 Fox Sports Florida HD Channel 1471 Fox Sports West Channel 480 Fox Sports West HD Channel 1480 Fox Sports Wisconsin Channel 468 Fox Sports Wisconsin HD Channel 1468 Bright House Networks utilizes a new digital video delivery technology known as Switched Digital Video (SDV). SDV is a robust bandwidth management system that makes it possible to offer more digital video programming services than before including new HD channels. To be able to offer more new video services, Bright House Networks will be moving some existing programming services to the new SDV system as well as adding new services on the SDV system. On or after June 16, 2015, the following services will be added to the SDV system: FOROtv Nuestros Canales channel 822 FOROtv HD Nuestros Canales channel 1822 These services will not be available on uni-directional retail devices as of the date(s) noted above. If you want to subscribe to these services, you will need a digital set-top box or tuning adaptor from Bright House Networks. Customers may continue to use their uni-directional retail device and CableCARD to receive video programming other than the programming delivered on the SDV system. Customers who also utilize a digital set-top box or tuning adaptor will be able to receive video programming delivered on the SDV system. Customers will be notified in advance of any other programming changes. For more information on Bright House Networks programming, please call 1-800-753-2253 or visit our website at www.brighthouse.com (S - 4/30/15 - 0000400437)
post #19282 of 19287 Old Today, 03:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Here is the Orlando notice and it's pretty much the same as the Indianapolis one.

Here is a breakdown of everything.

MTM's: Reelz, youtoo and zap2it.

News: They formally let us know DOD News (formerly The Pentagon Channel) shut down On April 17

On Demand Channel Consolidation:

After May 31st,

- Smithsonian On Demand will fold into Natural and Knowledge On Demand (Channel 301)

- Sports Pass On Demand and Pro Sports On Demand will fold into Sports and Fitness On Demand (Channels 312/1185).

On or around May 31:

Bright House Networks may cease carriage of Movie Pass On Demand (Channel 1394)

They note that Disney Family Movies On Demand will still be available through Disney Family Movies On Demand (Channel 89)

No word on where the other Movie Pass Stuff like Vutopia would go.

Out of Market Fox Sports RSN's going away:

They are scrapping the out of market Fox Sports channels on or June 9.

Orlando will lose the following channels

Fox Sports Detroit (189 SD/1175 HD)
Fox Sports Wisconsin (190 SD/1176 HD)
SportSouth (191 SD/1177 HD)
Fox Sports Prime Ticket (192 SD/1178 HD)

Please note these channels have never really been much value unlike some other out of market RSN's like YES Network, NESN and the TWC Lakers and Dodgers channels. They have no games, think they dropped the post and pre game shows and hardly any local pro sports team programming like those documentaries we get locally like they're versions of "Inside The Magic". They will not be missed and BHN is making the right move to dump them.

On a final note, they never did give us FS Ohio (1174 HD) which you can still see a test screen for when you do "The Trick".

Channel Addition:

On or after June 16,

FOROtv SD/HD
(Channels 941 SD/1941 HD) will be added for Nuestros Canales Customers.

Last edited by HDOrlando; Today at 03:43 AM.
post #19283 of 19287 Unread Today, 04:01 AM
AVS Special Member

post #19284 of 19287 Unread Today, 04:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Nice!

Nayan is back even though she no longer has BHN.

If you are going to keep getting the paper, I no longer have to type the summaries.

However, it's not like the old days when we we're getting loads of HD channels.

These days we just do not want to miss anything like MTM changes and small stuff like the Out o Market Fox Sports RSN's going away.

If anyone has looked at my chart in the last week, you will have noticed how I've grouped the channels we have in SD but not available in HD.

SD Channels That Bright House Has That Are Not Available In HD

ABC/Disney

ESPN Classic (Becoming On Demand Channel)

NBC/Comcast

Chiller
Cloo
CNBC World

Turner

Boomerang (We don't have this)
CNN International

A&E Networks

Lifetime RealWoman
Military History Channel

Viacom

Centric
LOGO
MTV Hits
MTV Jams
MTV Tr3s
TeenNick
VH1 Classic

Fox

Fox College Sports

Other

WAPA America
You Too TV
Word Network
Jewish Life TV
Retirement Living TV
TVG Network
Gem TV
Shop Zeal 1-8
HSN2 (Announced but has not materlized)

Note: Aspire HD and DayStar HD are listed in another section as they apparently are available.

Discovery Life HD, Flix HD and Showtime Family Zone HD are rumored to be available and not included.

It shows how dim the options are to add stuff if you do not include new channels.
post #19285 of 19287 Unread Today, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Before I forget...

It was posted over in HOTP, but H2 will be changing to Vice, which I doubt I'll watch:

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/vice...-e-1201483429/

post #19286 of 19287 Unread Today, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Miichigan's notice pretty much echoes the others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bh-may-2015.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	694066  
post #19287 of 19287 Unread Today, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Nayan: That sucks but am also interested in seeing what happens with this Vice Channel. I bet they move some H2 stuff to Military History and re-brand the channel.

Military History and Lifetime Real Women are the only two english-language channels not yet in HD and maybe something happens with the first. The later should be scrapped and the content moved online.

Yimitz: Thanks as always!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page