post #3001 of 3269 Old 12-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattswad View Post

Here are the channels I can pick up easily....

32-6......LATV........Spanish Religous

LATV is not a religious network but may have an occassional Hispanic language religious program. The bulk of their network schedule is general fare for the entire Hispanic speaking family.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3002 of 3269 Old 12-29-2011, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question for the radio experts.... I live 50 miles N of Atl at 2800 feet (east of Jasper). I get all the regular channels with a 4228 and a VHF antenna. 8 sometimes fades. Yesterday I notice 5, 2, and 46 dropped completely out. They are still out today. All other channels are still there. First time they have ever done that (almost 4 years) that I remember. Could the the solar ejection have something to do with this? I understand yesterday and today we are being bombarded with a CME....
Sure hope they come back..
Thanks John
post #3003 of 3269 Old 12-29-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pccitizen View Post

Question for the radio experts.... I live 50 miles N of Atl at 2800 feet (east of Jasper). I get all the regular channels with a 4228 and a VHF antenna. 8 sometimes fades. Yesterday I notice 5, 2, and 46 dropped completely out. They are still out today. All other channels are still there. First time they have ever done that (almost 4 years) that I remember. Could the the solar ejection have something to do with this? I understand yesterday and today we are being bombarded with a CME....
Sure hope they come back..
Thanks John

I live in Cleveland ga, just over 70 miles from atlanta and i get them just fine and have the same antenna as you
post #3004 of 3269 Old 12-29-2011, 06:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Receiving all three just fine from Missionary Ridge in Chattanooga.

Are they gone from multiple TVs or just one? If just one, try a rescan. You never know, something could just be screwy with the set.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #3005 of 3269 Old 12-30-2011, 07:25 AM

Thanks for reception feedback. They were gone from both my Samsung TV and the channelmaster DVR.
Well, asked and answered... Embarrassingly, breaker was tripped for ckt running antenna amp.
Another question as to why only those channels affected (they are among most strongest), why do others make it thru.. Oh well, life is full of mysteries.
John
post #3006 of 3269 Old 01-07-2012, 12:52 PM

Another question and fun for the experts....
Every time I go to my channel master DVR, it informs me of some other weird, faraway channel it has added to the list. I am in Jasper at 3000 ft and I sometimes get Columbus. (clearshot SSW) I even see a couple Mobile stations in the list, and Mont and Bham! But I can't get these stations routinely and it is a pain to scan past them. I can just see the firmware going down all its code legs.... :-)
The Atlanta GPB stations 8.4 (or was it 8.5) and 8.9 REALLY mess up the DVR. Takes FOREVER to get past them. Sometimes the DVR even crashes.
I can't find any reference to these, but obviously the firmware in this box thinks something was once there.... Any ideas what it was? Thanks.
John
I know I can filter these channels out but that is also a pain. The Guide is also a pain.
post #3007 of 3269 Old 02-11-2012, 10:48 PM

Hello everyone. Currently I live in Spartanburg SC which is great for HDTV OTA. We get the sorry local Greenville/Spartanburg channels, the plus is we get all the Asheville and Charlotte, NC channels.

We are moving to Cleveland, GA in the next couple weeks. What kind of OTA reception can we expect there? I have an 8 bay bow tie antenna and 25 feet of pole. Thanks much

Forgot to mention, antenna is a 4228. I only have a UHF antenna because nothing up here transmits on the VHF frequencies
post #3008 of 3269 Old 02-12-2012, 07:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rid29651 View Post

Hello everyone. Currently I live in Spartanburg SC which is great for HDTV OTA. We get the sorry local Greenville/Spartanburg channels, the plus is we get all the Asheville and Charlotte, NC channels. [...] I only have a UHF antenna because nothing up here transmits on the VHF frequencies

I guess that's true if you don't count WSPA-7, WNTV-9, or WLOS-13.

In Atlanta, you will have VHF channels WGTV-8 (or W12DK-12) and WXIA-10. While I have no first-hand knowledge of that particular area, the prediction maps suggest you will have quite a challenge there, depending on your exact location. I suspect you will be depending on knife-edge diffraction for over the air reception there, if you manage to receive anything at all other than ION, WUGA, and the GPB translator on 12. If you know your exact new location, TVFool would likely give a better idea.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #3009 of 3269 Old 02-12-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post

I guess that's true if you don't count WSPA-7, WNTV-9, or WLOS-13.

In Atlanta, you will have VHF channels WGTV-8 (or W12DK-12) and WXIA-10. While I have no first-hand knowledge of that particular area, the prediction maps suggest you will have quite a challenge there, depending on your exact location. I suspect you will be depending on knife-edge diffraction for over the air reception there, if you manage to receive anything at all other than ION, WUGA, and the GPB translator on 12. If you know your exact new location, TVFool would likely give a better idea.

- Trip

Channel 7 has a lousy mostly satellite feed newscast, WLOS changed their direction and the upstate of SC barely gets it now and channel 9 only comes in during a band opening.

I looked up the address on TV Fool and it pretty much said what you did. I was hoping someone in Cleveland would give better news. Guess I'd better get used to Netflix and internet TV lol. I have learned Cleveland does not have a cable company so the only 2 choices are directv and dish network. I was a 15 year customer of directv in fact one of the charter members. But, when I went to replace my receiver they wanted a 2 year contract. I don't sign contracts and disconnected. Thanks again
post #3010 of 3269 Old 02-13-2012, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 91
A previous poster sanchez13 indicates that he receives 5, 2, and 46 from Atlanta at his location in Cleveland, Ga. He doesn't specify regarding 11 and 8. So, with the 4228 UHF antenna, you may be able to receive Fox, ABC, and CBS. You may need a separate VHF antenna to have a chance with NBC and PBS. And you may need to add a CM7777 preamp.
post #3011 of 3269 Old 02-13-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

A previous poster sanchez13 indicates that he receives 5, 2, and 46 from Atlanta at his location in Cleveland, Ga. He doesn't specify regarding 11 and 8. So, with the 4228 UHF antenna, you may be able to receive Fox, ABC, and CBS. You may need a separate VHF antenna to have a chance with NBC and PBS. And you may need to add a CM7777 preamp.

this is what i get from my location channel 2 abc,
cannel 5 fox , , channel 8 pbs , channel 11 Nbc , channel 14 qubo , channel 17 , channel 30 pba , channel 34 univision , 36, 46 cbs , 47 telemundo , 63, and 69, all this come cristal clear
and i also when ,the weather is clear i get some low power stations like channel 26 and channel 32 and channel 40 ,, i used to get channel 22 wskc but i don't any more also some times i get 53
post #3012 of 3269 Old 02-19-2012, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does ANYONE get WSKC-LD 22.1 or 22.2 anymore?

Are they still on-air?

What was/is on 22.2. MBC was on 22.1 but no one has ever said what exactly 22.2 was.

I used to get a blip on my signal strength meter from them but recently, nothhing AND I noticed 22.1 has been removed from "The Official (lol) Over The Air Program Guide for Atlanta" (actually just a www.zap2it.com scroll) on 32.1.

And, I've been getting a pretty strong signal on digital rf channel 6 here lately. Never got one before and have yet to see an image displayed or a channell/PSIP identification displayed. There are NO channells ANYWHERE near me (near the airport) that should be constantly registering a signal on RF channell 6.

Anyone else getting this? What is it?

*note* I'm NOT referring to ANALOG channel 6. I still get WABE 90.1 FM bleed-over on that and a groovy NTSC air traffic control channell on analog 14

Cliftondale, GA
-
post #3013 of 3269 Old 02-21-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez13 View Post

this is what i get from my location channel 2 abc,
cannel 5 fox , , channel 8 pbs , channel 11 Nbc , channel 14 qubo , channel 17 , channel 30 pba , channel 34 univision , 36, 46 cbs , 47 telemundo , 63, and 69, all this come cristal clear
and i also when ,the weather is clear i get some low power stations like channel 26 and channel 32 and channel 40 ,, i used to get channel 22 wskc but i don't any more also some times i get 53

Yeah my bro in law gets the same and they are all very clear which is pretty good for being up in them bonnie mountains Not sure what kind of antenna he has though...
post #3014 of 3269 Old 02-22-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattswad View Post

Does ANYONE get WSKC-LD 22.1 or 22.2 anymore?

Are they still on-air?

What was/is on 22.2. MBC was on 22.1 but no one has ever said what exactly 22.2 was.

I used to get a blip on my signal strength meter from them but recently, nothhing AND I noticed 22.1 has been removed from "The Official (lol) Over The Air Program Guide for Atlanta" (actually just a www.zap2it.com scroll) on 32.1.

And, I've been getting a pretty strong signal on digital rf channel 6 here lately. Never got one before and have yet to see an image displayed or a channell/PSIP identification displayed. There are NO channells ANYWHERE near me (near the airport) that should be constantly registering a signal on RF channell 6.

Anyone else getting this? What is it?

*note* I'm NOT referring to ANALOG channel 6. I still get WABE 90.1 FM bleed-over on that and a groovy NTSC air traffic control channell on analog 14

Every once in a while we go to Norcross ga to a Korean store ,,, . I used to see Wskc LD Building on pleasent hill road but looks like they are gone from the building , The Cband antenna is gone so i think they moved I am about 45 miles from Norcoross and used to get a strong signal but I don't any more on saturdays i used to watch a Korean program with subtiles in english about people with medical conditions
post #3015 of 3269 Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Advanced Member

Anybody have any idea what is going on with WXIA's feed on their 11.2 subchannel? It's supposed to be their weather service. They do have the graphics running, but during the last few days the video window has been inexplicably running some sort of local trial coverage. It's like someone switched out the wrong video feed and nobody noticed

I forced myself to watch it long enough to pick up some names and apparently it's this trial.

I'll call them in the morning if I have time. If they're going to preempt our weather programming (part of my daily routine) then they could at least run a crawl explaining it.

AM Update: their website confirms that they are running the trial on 11.2 . I called to complain and ask that they at least run a crawl on the video explaining what they are doing. If you care about seeing the weather forecast, instead of whatever programming they want to replace it with, please call WXIA at 404-892-1611 and voice your concern.

Note that since they went to the new system a couplemonths ago, you can't just wait for the forecast graphic to come around (e.g. Atlanta forecast) because they addedmore locations and slowed it down. It takes forever for it to circle around and show your forecast.

Atlanta over-the-air digital TV reference table, now with Atlanta OTA FAQ:

post #3016 of 3269 Old 02-25-2012, 04:26 PM

Anyone still able to get WTBS (the 10 channels on virtual 26 - digital 30). I was receiving it fine until the other day, when they dropped off. They dropped off without any tweak to my antenna. I have since tried tweaking it to get them back, with no luck.

Also, that trial isn't going to last forever, so 11-2 should be back to normal once it ends. It's unfortunate that they think more people want that than weather information, especially given the volatile weather situation lately, but it is what it is.
post #3017 of 3269 Old 02-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

WTBS 26.1 .. 26.10 isn't working for me either.

WXIA is actually running reruns of the trial coverage through the weekend. I want to throttle somebody over there. If they're doing this now, for what is frankly a minor story, it seems to me likely that they will preempt more in the future. Some executive must have gotten a bright idea and everybody's afraid to tell him it's stupid. So that's why it's important for us to call in and complain.

post #3018 of 3269 Old 02-25-2012, 06:41 PM

I see what you mean with the reruns of it. Absurdity.
post #3019 of 3269 Old 02-26-2012, 10:36 PM

The results are in after our move to Cleveland. With our UHF only (8 bay) antenna, 30db amplifier up 20 feet we receive 2, 5, 14 17, 32, 34 & 36. We're missing a bunch but the majority broadcast on VHF.
post #3020 of 3269 Old 02-27-2012, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rid29651 View Post

The results are in after our move to Cleveland. With our UHF only (8 bay) antenna, 30db amplifier up 20 feet we receive 2, 5, 14 17, 32, 34 & 36. We're missing a bunch but the majority broadcast on VHF.

if you have the channel master 8bay antenna and the amp channel master 7777
you should get the high vhf channels
just conect the the antenna to the outlet that says combined uhf/vhf
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?mc=03&p=ANC7777
this is the one that i use
and can get pbs channel 8 and the vhf chanell 11 NBC
post #3021 of 3269 Old 02-27-2012, 02:38 PM

I noticed that there wasn't any trial footage on 11.2 as of about 20 minutes ago.
post #3022 of 3269 Old 02-28-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Greer View Post

Anyone still able to get WTBS (the 10 channels on virtual 26 - digital 30). I was receiving it fine until the other day, when they dropped off. They dropped off without any tweak to my antenna. I have since tried tweaking it to get them back, with no luck.

Despite my fear of losing channels and spending an entire afternoon moving the antenna around to get them back, I went up and made some changes to it this afternoon. Not only did I get the WTBS channels back, but I also brought in WUGA-TV for the first time as well.
post #3023 of 3269 Old 02-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Advanced Member

WTBS is back for me without antenna adjustments. It's glitchy though, they are probably at reduced power or something.

WXIA is running trial reruns on 11.2 again. When this started I Tivo'd a day's worth and found that every few hours they'd run the regular forecast/radar loop for a little while, but mostly it's trial for hours on end about 95% of the time. Absurd is right.

post #3024 of 3269 Old 03-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member

After 10 days, 11.2 is finally back to weather channel ... actually just the weather radar full screen, no Accuweather graphic or forecast video. Good thing, considering the storms that are passing through. Let's hope this holds, and they don't just go back to running trial reruns.

Also, my Tivo thinks that 11.3 is sports ("Gymnastic" airing now) but that might be a fluke left over from Universal. But maybe we're getting our sports channel back!

post #3025 of 3269 Old 03-08-2012, 02:20 PM

This is the trial that never ends...
post #3026 of 3269 Old 03-09-2012, 07:13 AM

Weathernation in SD is now on 26.3. (Subject to change, of course)
post #3027 of 3269 Old 03-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Indeed, seizing an opportunity perhaps.

Closing arguments in that trial happened today (according to dullard colleague of mine). WXIA, end this nonsense already.

I have updated the listing (link in my sig below) to include WTBS.

post #3028 of 3269 Old 03-20-2012, 09:53 PM

Mr Sanchez13, sent you a private message
post #3029 of 3269 Old 04-15-2012, 08:46 AM

This is going to sound strange, but thought I would post it here to see if anyone in the area has a theory. I am having an issue where I have signal problems with WXIA only on Sundays (so far). Small sample size of a week to judge by, but...

I work from home, so I have had it on for 7 days in a row to confirm this problem. Last Sunday, after 11 AM, the signal started to breakup and then was terrible/unwatchable in the afternoon. Next 6 days were fine during same time period. Today, the signal has started to breakup since 11 AM in much the same way as last week.

Very odd. There is nothing that happens with WXIA on Sundays that could be the cause of this, right?
post #3030 of 3269 Old 04-15-2012, 10:33 AM
GPM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
No, not really AFAIK, I only have a major issue with 30.1 these days with all the other major channels at 100% through a CM 7000 on the big screen and still no issues on the small screen through a junk' [free after rebate] Magnavox from Sam's Club and I live just across from PDK airport at the southern end of Chamblee. Planes, especially choppers, flying over on approach will pixelate the picture for a 'split second' though.

That said, I have three antennas ganged together, two DIY coat hanger ones in the attic and one FM dipole near the big screen directly underneath the attic units. One is aimed to pick up most channels, one to pick up WPXADT and the dipole to get WGTVDT, WPBADT.

If there's any ghosting'/whatever it's not obvious on the small screen's 480i or whatever the HDTV ready' big screen is displaying it at. Even after doing a bunch of Googling plus forums and I'll still not completely clear what I'm viewing with this old Toshiba 65HX80 with today's unconscionable restrictions imposed by the manufacturing cartel.

I have a buddy though that's down in a below street grade apt. in Sandy Springs, though on the top floor, and nothing I've done will get him WXIA, PBS 30, on a regular basis with the CM 7000 or his old TV's digital tuner, but has no problems with the same Magnavox, so a real 'head scratcher' for me.

Anybody got a clue? Maybe some outer lying folks need to use old tech' tuners also.

GM

Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page