Atlanta, GA - OTA - Page 115 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #3421 of 3430 Old 07-22-2015, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone in metro Atlanta picked up WGTA digital 24 virtual 32 ? It was recently changed from WUGA. It now shows H&I (Heroes & Icons) 32.1 as well as Decades 32.2, and Movies! 32.3. I live around Peachtree City and I can occasionally pick it up with an attic antenna. The transmitter is located in Toccoa. WUGA was on Dish but is now dark, even tho the guide is correct with H&I programming. I emailed the station mgr and she said they are laying new cable and will be available on Dish soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3422 of 3430 Old 07-22-2015, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I get 32-1-32-10 in Decatur with my indoor antenna. It's been there since I first scanned a few weeks back. I can't say that I've ever sat and watched anything from any of those channels, but there are a couple with potential. I've noticed I don't get any guide info whatsoever on those channels, not even the current program.
post #3423 of 3430 Old 07-22-2015, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1mikeg View Post
I get 32-1-32-10 in Decatur with my indoor antenna. It's been there since I first scanned a few weeks back. I can't say that I've ever sat and watched anything from any of those channels, but there are a couple with potential. I've noticed I don't get any guide info whatsoever on those channels, not even the current program.
Most likely you are picking up WANN on virtual channel 32 (real channel 29). Their tower is located over at Briarcliff Rd at Clifton Rd in Atlanta. I can receive them in Acworth in the winter but this time of year I can't get them at all because of all the leaves on the trees. With all those video streams packed on to one channel, they have some lousy picture quality.
yo-mama likes this.
post #3424 of 3430 Old 07-22-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo-mama View Post
Has anyone in metro Atlanta picked up WGTA digital 24 virtual 32 ? It was recently changed from WUGA. It now shows H&I (Heroes & Icons) 32.1 as well as Decades 32.2, and Movies! 32.3. I live around Peachtree City and I can occasionally pick it up with an attic antenna. The transmitter is located in Toccoa. WUGA was on Dish but is now dark, even tho the guide is correct with H&I programming. I emailed the station mgr and she said they are laying new cable and will be available on Dish soon.
I have not tried picking it up in Acworth (too much trouble to turn the antenna around to point in that direction). I already get Decades and Movies! from Atlanta stations. Looks like Heroes & Icons has a few old shows that I would watch...maybe one of the full power Atlanta stations will pick them up as a sub-channel...WPCH on virtual 17.1 has not jumped on the sub-channel bandwagon yet...I wonder why not?
post #3425 of 3430 Old 07-22-2015, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My Titan Tv Guide has 24.1 listed so I added it to my line-up a couple of weeks ago.

The confusion was over at wiki where Heroes & Icons was listed as 32.1 not 24.1 for Toccoa-Athens.

WPCH has it's hooks in the group of stations on 26.

I pick up at times 69 channels.
My location is 1 mile S.W. of North DeKalb Mall.
I use a Channel Master CM-4228 8 Bay 32 Element Antenna.
It's 41"x 33".
post #3426 of 3430 Old 07-23-2015, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It's definitely WANN for me. I believe it's 10 channels starting with televised biz talk radio squeezed back into a scrolling TV guide. There are about three channels that show movies in color, one shopping channel, one Spanish channel, and the rest show super oldies b/w shows and movies of dubious quality. With my antenna web flat wave indoor antenna, I pick up over 80 channels. I am one mile due east of Decatur Square. I have the antenna positioned where it picks up ION (Qubo for the kids) cleanly with no interference. I do get interference on some of the stronger stations from cars and flight traffic, but overall I'm pretty happy with this simple low cost set up.
post #3427 of 3430 Old 07-26-2015, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
WOW! I can't believe you can get Athens/Toccoa stations down in Peachtree City!!! That is some GREAT reception!! I'm around Fairburn and can barely catch a whiff of it with a rooftop antenna.

And for the record, WPCH (channel 17) has *NOTHING* to do with WTBS 26 which is owned by Prism Broadcasting who also own WANN 32.

Also for the record, WANN crams TWENTY sub-channels into its signal! Y'all are all forgetting the 10 audio only radio channels on 32.11 through 32.20.
post #3428 of 3430 Old Today, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattswad View Post
WOW! I can't believe you can get Athens/Toccoa stations down in Peachtree City!!! That is some GREAT reception!! I'm around Fairburn and can barely catch a whiff of it with a rooftop antenna.
Yeah its hit or miss...usually in the mornings. I set my personal best of long distance reception by pulling in WYFF Greenville SC. The transmitter is actually near the SC/NC border. It is 200 miles from that point to my house.
post #3429 of 3430 Old Today, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Atlanta, GA - OTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelessard View Post
Got a FB reply from the Senior engineer at CW 69 and he said they had an antenna system failure and they're operating at low power. It could take up to 10 days to resolve.

Makes me shudder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3430 of 3430 Old Today, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by size14d View Post
Makes me shudder. http://youtu.be/tgO4Gd4RhvM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, well if they had to depend on me to climb the tower and fix the channel 69 TV antenna, y'all would be waiting a looooooong time for a picture...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page