Atlanta, GA - OTA - Page 118 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

post #3511 of 3518 Old 12-30-2015, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I can really use some help! I have a large ChannelMaster antenna attached to my chimney and I need to have it removed and installed some place else.

Long story, but I removed my fireplace about 18 months ago but left the chimney. Now I'm getting leaking so I'm just going to have it removed.

The roofing company rep. told me that I have to get it taken off the chimney before they do the repair or it will come down with the chimney.

So I've got 2 weeks to find someone to do this.

I used Ed at AtlantaDigitalTV.com and he did a fantastic job, but I contacted him through his website and got no response. Anyone know what's going on?

Can anyone recommend someone in case I can't get a hold of Ed?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3512 of 3518 Old 12-31-2015, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybb1 View Post
I can really use some help! I have a large ChannelMaster antenna attached to my chimney and I need to have it removed and installed some place else.

Long story, but I removed my fireplace about 18 months ago but left the chimney. Now I'm getting leaking so I'm just going to have it removed.

The roofing company rep. told me that I have to get it taken off the chimney before they do the repair or it will come down with the chimney.

So I've got 2 weeks to find someone to do this.

I used Ed at AtlantaDigitalTV.com and he did a fantastic job, but I contacted him through his website and got no response. Anyone know what's going on?

Can anyone recommend someone in case I can't get a hold of Ed?

Thanks!
Ed is the best. Sometimes he takes a few days to get back to you because he is so swamped. Keep trying, he will get back to you. The antenna installation business is booming, and he is one of the few that still does installs in this area.
post #3513 of 3518 Old 12-31-2015, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futrader8 View Post
Ed is the best. Sometimes he takes a few days to get back to you because he is so swamped. Keep trying, he will get back to you. The antenna installation business is booming, and he is one of the few that still does installs in this area.
I found last year's email and sent him a new email. He replied right away. It's not easy to arrange for him to come out this way, Lawrenceville, but I'm willing to wait. He did such a fantastic job, took his time to make sure I got the most signals possible and must have tweaked the antenna a million times to get the reception right. He wast probably at my house for 4 hours!

I contacted Channel Master to see if they knew of anyone in this area and they wrote me back and said they don't and to hire a handy man! LOL! Come on people, I don't just need it stuck on the roof, I need it pointed in the right direction!!

I can't believe in a city as large as Atlanta there are not more people who do an install!

ETA: Having Ed do the job is so important to me that I'm changing the date of my roof repair. LOL.
yo-mama and richart like this.
post #3514 of 3518 Old 01-01-2016, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by greybb1 View Post
I found last year's email and sent him a new email. He replied right away. It's not easy to arrange for him to come out this way, Lawrenceville, but I'm willing to wait. He did such a fantastic job, took his time to make sure I got the most signals possible and must have tweaked the antenna a million times to get the reception right. He wast probably at my house for 4 hours!

I contacted Channel Master to see if they knew of anyone in this area and they wrote me back and said they don't and to hire a handy man! LOL! Come on people, I don't just need it stuck on the roof, I need it pointed in the right direction!!

I can't believe in a city as large as Atlanta there are not more people who do an install!

ETA: Having Ed do the job is so important to me that I'm changing the date of my roof repair. LOL.
I was talking to Ed a couple of months ago when he was installing my neighbor's antenna (he did such good work for me that I recommended him to my neighbor) and he said the reason you don't see more people popping up doing antenna installs, especially with the boom in cord cutting, is that so few people these days are willing to climb up on your roof to do the installation. He told me that even Directv installers will no longer get on your roof to install their dish. They either mount them on the side of the house or on a pole in your yard. Ed is one of the few who will actually get on your roof to do an installation which is so important for a proper tv antenna installation.
post #3515 of 3518 Old 01-08-2016, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Chs 9/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futrader8 View Post
9.1 LaMega
9.2 Estrella
9.3 MundoMax
9.4 LATV
9.5 BizTV
9.6 Shop

12.1 ThisTV
12.2 Works
12.3 Moxie
12.4 Oldie
12.5 Shop
12.6 RetroTV
12.7 TUFFTV

RFs and VFs are the same.

HDHomerun only tells me the station names, so I don't know if the call letters have transferred over.
I was curious who owns these channels, and if anyone there monitors them from a technical standpoint. I noticed issues on at least 4 channels. 12.3/12.4 have not shown anything for at least a week just blank screen. 12.7 had audio with color bars...but now seems to be fixed. 12.8 has no audio only video for a few days. There is no info on the guide only TBA, while their ch 32 has the info in the guides. Ive noticed commercials being run that are months out of date for a specific promo. Just seems like these are on auto-pilot.
post #3516 of 3518 Old 01-08-2016, 09:17 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo-mama View Post
I was curious who owns these channels, and if anyone there monitors them from a technical standpoint.
Maybe you can give them a call and find out...don't be surprised if you get no response.

DTV Innovators, LLC
5208 Roswell Rd
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-692-3881
post #3517 of 3518 Old 02-02-2016, 10:19 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 31
WPBA 30 Low Signal

I was noticing a weaker than normal signal last night on WPBA channel 30. Weak enough to experience some dropouts. Has anyone else noticed this? I sent an e-mail to their engineer to see if they were having any issues but have not heard back.
post #3518 of 3518 Old Today, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just noticed that now on 9.1 is Newsmax in HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception