Atlanta, GA - OTA - Page 122 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #3631 of 3637 Old Today, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I had this response from ME TV in regards to my e-mail complaining that ME TV is no longer available OTA for Atlanta viewers:

"For our over the air MeTV viewers: If you live within 50 miles of the downtown Atlanta area you will probably not be able to receive WGTA channel 32.1. We are working on finding an over the air station closer to Atlanta, hopefully in the near future. Please check back with us for updates. Thank you."

Personally I think 34.4 would love to have ME TV...it would probably boost their number of viewers. Or it would be a good move for WUPA to pick up ME TV on their channel 69.3 which is unused.
yo-mama likes this.

Last edited by richart; Today at 01:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 3637 Old Today, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Don't forget H&I.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by richart View Post
I had this response from ME TV in regards to my e-mail complaining that ME TV is no longer available OTA for Atlanta viewers:

"For our over the air MeTV viewers: If you live within 50 miles of the downtown Atlanta area you will probably not be able to receive WGTA channel 32.1. We are working on finding an over the air station closer to Atlanta, hopefully in the near future. Please check back with us for updates. Thank you."

Personally I think 34.4 would love to have ME TV...it would probably boost their number of viewers. Or it would be a good move for WUPA to pick up ME TV on their channel 69.3 which is unused.

This Heroes and Icons thing has been going on for over 1 1/2
years.
Toccoa Beams the signal to Spartanburg S.C. --Slightly missing Atlanta.
post #3633 of 3637 Old Today, 03:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB64 View Post
This Heroes and Icons thing has been going on for over 1 1/2
years.
Toccoa Beams the signal to Spartanburg S.C. --Slightly missing Atlanta.
No can't get it in Spartanburg or Greenville, SC. No antenna reception and not carried on cable.

Looks like WGTA wants to be an Atlanta market station but is still classified Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville market, as its signal only reaches northeast Georgia and Anderson, Pickens, and Occonee counties in Upstate SC. Just missing most of metro Atlanta reception area and the larger portions of Upstate SC. But apparently carried on cable in Atlanta.

MeTV is also carried OTA on WSPA 7.2 so there is a wide coverage area with a small area of duplication from WGTA.

post #3634 of 3637 Old Today, 03:54 PM

WGTA has a small coverage area that comes nowhere near to covering Atlanta. Appears to be a marketing ploy by ME TV to get their network on the cable systems in Atlanta.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	2053377  
post #3635 of 3637 Old Today, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
MarkB49 is me since Dec. 2002.

32.1 is PRISM here.
I Scanned 103 channels 3 weeks ago 9.1--12.1--32.1 all PRISM. How do they get away with
ALL these channels Beaming basically the same channels all over the place.Nearly 40 i scanned were there's!

Tyler this is the same as when H&I was suppose to be here.
NEVER happened.
They weren't on cable then,a year and a half ago.

Also sent email to wsb.
post #3636 of 3637 Old Today, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by richart View Post

Well, at least they are acknowledging that the OTA viewers are now in the dark in Atlanta. I'll have to pin my hopes on a clean swap with WUVG's 34.4. It sure does seem like the viewership has to be higher for MeTV than Escape.

I have to laugh now and then when it dawns on me I am watching such low resolution 480i material on a UHD (2160p) capable display. But then again, I remind myself that I am simply experiencing the content in the way that it was originally presented on analog TV, back in the day, lol! Heck, I need to get me an old CRT TV from a pawn shop and REALLY experience the old shows in an artistically authentic manner.
post #3637 of 3637 Old Today, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tustinfarm View Post
Heck, I need to get me an old CRT TV from a pawn shop and REALLY experience the old shows in an artistically authentic manner.
Don't forget you will probably need a digital converter to convert the digital signal to analog for the CRT TV.

Personally, I find many of the old TV programs to have better video quality on SD digital than they ever did on analog TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page