Atlanta, GA - OTA - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #721 of 3238 Old 08-30-2005, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rdwalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Posts: 1,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Kennesaw here, nobody is having trouble getting NBC 11.1 sometime after 7pm? During the day it's 85-90%. After 7pm it's 0%. Every other channel is fine.

"If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good."- Dr. Seuss
rdwalt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #722 of 3238 Old 08-30-2005, 10:46 AM
Member
 
MITS55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
IT'S BACK!
I went home for lunch today and TBS 17.1 is back. I dont know who did what, but its good to have it back!
MITS55 is offline  
post #723 of 3238 Old 08-31-2005, 04:15 PM
Member
 
feeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta area
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmackie View Post

I live in Newnan - I am thinking about the same setup (CM 4228). A neighbor down the street has the 4228 mounted on his roof and he get a great signal.

Let me know how the attic setup works out - my suspicion is that it will need to be outside.

Down here between Newnan and PTC. Antenna web says I should be at 36-39 I started messing with the CM 4228 today. I held it up in the living room window (north) and got ch 11 pretty good with some moving around. Nothing else good on any of the other channels. I took it up into the attic and had it facing straight north but leaning down a few degrees. Channel 11 again was ok, rest of channels not good at all. I was checking this out without a HD tuner so they where the analog channels.

I guess I'll be putting this antenna outside. Was thinking of putting it up higher on the same pole as the sat dish.
feeth is offline  
post #724 of 3238 Old 08-31-2005, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
oxothuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MITS55 View Post

IT'S BACK!
I went home for lunch today and TBS 17.1 is back. I dont know who did what, but its good to have it back!

I checked with my sister, and she is now getting 17.1 also.

My cable provider is Netflix
oxothuk is offline  
post #725 of 3238 Old 09-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Member
 
tmackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Don't you need the Digital (HDTV) Tuner to do the test??? The digital channels you care about wont be visible on a standard TV. All the channels but WXIA are UHF - did you check for UHF channels like 46, 36, 69, etc......
tmackie is offline  
post #726 of 3238 Old 09-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Member
 
feeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta area
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmackie View Post

Don't you need the Digital (HDTV) Tuner to do the test??? The digital channels you care about wont be visible on a standard TV. All the channels but WXIA are UHF - did you check for UHF channels like 46, 36, 69, etc......

I checked for 46 and 36 got nothing good. DISH installed the 811 receiver today, so I should have the CM4228 on the pole tomorrow.
feeth is offline  
post #727 of 3238 Old 09-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Crwaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Douglasville, GA
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody else watching the Falcons game and getting a ton of audio drop-outs and a less than good looking picture?

Ugg.

We're selling our Photo Annuals and giving the proceeds to Curesearch so they can fight cancer in kids. Please have a look.
Crwaters is offline  
post #728 of 3238 Old 09-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Member
 
feeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta area
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeth View Post

Down here between Newnan and PTC. Antenna web says I should be at 36-39 I started messing with the CM 4228 today. I held it up in the living room window (north) and got ch 11 pretty good with some moving around. Nothing else good on any of the other channels. I took it up into the attic and had it facing straight north but leaning down a few degrees. Channel 11 again was ok, rest of channels not good at all. I was checking this out without a HD tuner so they where the analog channels.

I guess I'll be putting this antenna outside. Was thinking of putting it up higher on the same pole as the sat dish.

Zip 30277

30-33 miles from most towers

Got a good amount of trees right in the path of the antenna, they start about 30 feet away

Got the 4228 on the same pole as the DISH, but up higher. 811 Dish network receiver. No pre-amp for the antenna, yet.

Is CBS 46.1? I have scanned twice and can't pull that one in at all.

Network/channel/signal strength

ABC 2.1 73
FOX 5.1 85
NBC 11.1 85
TBS 17.1 71 cuts out some
PBS 30.1 62
WB 36.1 72
UPN 43.1 88


I did not have ABC and PBS the first time around. So I turned the antenna back towards 0 a little. Picked up ABC and PBS but TBS is weaker now and cutting out some.

What pre-amp do you guys suggest? How about the CM 7777 titan 2?

TIA!
LL
feeth is offline  
post #729 of 3238 Old 09-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Newbie
 
mserrano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Stone Mountain, GA (near Atlanta)
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After trying both a Channel Master 4228 and a Winegard 9095 at my house (Stone Mountain), and trying them in two different outdoor locations, but still always had 1 or 2 DTV channels that wouldn't come in reliably (not always the same ones), I ordered the 91XG from Antennas Direct.

I can tell you that this antenna works as advertised. I am feeding two DTV tuners (Sony XBR960 & Dish 811) and 3 analog TVs using a Winegard DA-405 UHF distribution amplifier. Separate VHF antennas are used for analog 2,5,8,11 and DTV 10 (91XG will not pickup DTV 10).

The DTV signals for 2,5,11,17,30,34,36,46,63,& 69 all come in at 92% or higher on the Sony (would you believe 98% for WPBA-DT). DTV 42 (The Atlanta Channel) comes in at 65%. On the DishNetwork 811, everything except DTV 42 comes in at 80% or higher. DTV 42 comes in at 65% but drops out occasionally.

For those interested in analog reception, for the first time I can receive analog 30 without ghosting. The improvement in analog 69 is absolutely stunning, with no ghosting and just a small trace of snow (used to be unwatchable). Analog 23, 53, 57 & 63 are noticeably improved, and for the first time I have a faint signal on analog 55.

If you have had difficulty receiving DTV with Channel Master or Winegard, definitely try the Antennas Direct 91XG. Just remember it won't work on WXIA-DT (it might work closer in to town).
mserrano is offline  
post #730 of 3238 Old 09-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Member
 
feeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta area
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
See my other post from 2 above.

I got the CM 4228 up about 2' higher and got a compass to point it right. No preamp. Remember I'm 31 miles from the towers and got a good amount of trees 30' from the antenna right in the path.

ABC 75
FOX 78
NBC 84
CBS 67- holding strong no cutouts, would not hold the signal before.
TBS 86- big improvement
PBS 69

Will let it go for a few days, if everything is holding a signal then I won't mess with it anymore.

US open looks stunning on CBS in HD. Wish the WVU/SYR game was in HD on ABC.
feeth is offline  
post #731 of 3238 Old 09-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Senior Member
 
clangro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just picked up a 15-1880 from Radioshack today and I'm not having any luck it seems.

I live in Alpharetta, GA on the 2nd story of a 3 story apt complex. Here are the antennaweb results for my area:

yellow - uhf WSB-DT 2.1 ABC ATLANTA GA 207° 22.4 39
yellow - uhf WPXA-DT 14.1 PAX ROME GA 308° 30.5 51
yellow - uhf WTBS-DT 17.1 TBS ATLANTA GA 207° 19.2 20
yellow - vhf WXIA-DT 11.1 NBC ATLANTA GA 202° 22.4 10
yellow - uhf WUPA-DT 43.1 UPN ATLANTA GA 205° 23.7 43
yellow - uhf WHSG-DT 44.1 TBN MONROE GA 205° 23.7 44
yellow - uhf WGCL-DT 46.1 CBS ATLANTA GA 207° 19.2 19
yellow - uhf WUVG-DT 34.1 UNI ATHENS GA 207° 19.2 48
yellow - uhf WATL-DT 36.1 WB ATLANTA GA 207° 19.2 25
yellow - uhf WAGA-DT 5.1 FOX ATLANTA GA 205° 19.7 27

I care the most about UPN, since I have most other channels on cable, but getting TBN would be nice also.

How can I actually find these channels? I keep auto-scanning antenna stuff on my Mits 52525 and it wont find crap.
clangro is offline  
post #732 of 3238 Old 09-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Member
 
feeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta area
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by clangro View Post

I just picked up a 15-1880 from Radioshack today and I'm not having any luck it seems.

I live in Alpharetta, GA on the 2nd story of a 3 story apt complex. Here are the antennaweb results for my area:

yellow - uhf WSB-DT 2.1 ABC ATLANTA GA 207° 22.4 39
yellow - uhf WPXA-DT 14.1 PAX ROME GA 308° 30.5 51
yellow - uhf WTBS-DT 17.1 TBS ATLANTA GA 207° 19.2 20
yellow - vhf WXIA-DT 11.1 NBC ATLANTA GA 202° 22.4 10
yellow - uhf WUPA-DT 43.1 UPN ATLANTA GA 205° 23.7 43
yellow - uhf WHSG-DT 44.1 TBN MONROE GA 205° 23.7 44
yellow - uhf WGCL-DT 46.1 CBS ATLANTA GA 207° 19.2 19
yellow - uhf WUVG-DT 34.1 UNI ATHENS GA 207° 19.2 48
yellow - uhf WATL-DT 36.1 WB ATLANTA GA 207° 19.2 25
yellow - uhf WAGA-DT 5.1 FOX ATLANTA GA 205° 19.7 27

I care the most about UPN, since I have most other channels on cable, but getting TBN would be nice also.

How can I actually find these channels? I keep auto-scanning antenna stuff on my Mits 52525 and it wont find crap.

Is that antenna directional? If so are you pointed in the right direction? Get a compass to make sure.

If you can get them (you should) you want them all.
feeth is offline  
post #733 of 3238 Old 09-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Member
 
tmackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Feeth, where did you get your CM 4228?? I looked at Lowe's here in Newnan last night and they don't carry it.... Thanks!
tmackie is offline  
post #734 of 3238 Old 09-07-2005, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
oxothuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmackie View Post

Feeth, where did you get your CM 4228?? I looked at Lowe's here in Newnan last night and they don't carry it.... Thanks!

Fry's Electronics in Duluth carries them for $50. I picked one up for my sister a couple weeks ago. That's a long hike from Newnan, I know.

My cable provider is Netflix
oxothuk is offline  
post #735 of 3238 Old 09-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Member
 
feeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta area
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmackie View Post

Feeth, where did you get your CM 4228?? I looked at Lowe's here in Newnan last night and they don't carry it.... Thanks!

Under $60 shipped from here

You will spend at least $10 in gas driving to fry's.
feeth is offline  
post #736 of 3238 Old 09-08-2005, 05:40 AM
Newbie
 
NickG420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jefferson, GA
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HI everyone I'm new to HDTV and am in Jackson County/Jefferson area was wandering if anyone could give me some ideas on what to expect or experience on what equipment they use, especially if they are from that area.

At this point I have abesolutely no idea what antenna and amp or preamp I should be using, so any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Nick
NickG420 is offline  
post #737 of 3238 Old 09-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Member
 
feeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta area
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG420 View Post

HI everyone I'm new to HDTV and am in Jackson County/Jefferson area was wandering if anyone could give me some ideas on what to expect or experience on what equipment they use, especially if they are from that area.

At this point I have abesolutely no idea what antenna and amp or preamp I should be using, so any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Nick

Have you had a look at antennaweb.org yet to see how far you are from the antenna towers?
feeth is offline  
post #738 of 3238 Old 09-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Newbie
 
NickG420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jefferson, GA
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm 50 miles out give or take a mile or so. Should I pretty much forget it or is it possible to recieve anything?
NickG420 is offline  
post #739 of 3238 Old 09-08-2005, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
oxothuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG420 View Post

I'm 50 miles out give or take a mile or so. Should I pretty much forget it or is it possible to recieve anything?

What kind of signal do you get for the analog stations?

My cable provider is Netflix
oxothuk is offline  
post #740 of 3238 Old 09-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Newbie
 
NickG420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jefferson, GA
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I havn't tried I know I can't get anything at all with rabbit ears except a snowy Pax and Univision. I have seen a guy in Dawsonville (Roughly Same Distance) using a CM 4228 and 7777 amp and recieving all Atlanta Digital Stations. Would this seem to be a good combo for me?
NickG420 is offline  
post #741 of 3238 Old 09-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Member
 
feeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta area
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG420 View Post

I havn't tried I know I can't get anything at all with rabbit ears except a snowy Pax and Univision. I have seen a guy in Dawsonville (Roughly Same Distance) using a CM 4228 and 7777 amp and recieving all Atlanta Digital Stations. Would this seem to be a good combo for me?

I might be willing to try the 4228 alone first, if you can get it high enough, then add the pre-amp later if needed. 50 miles is pretty far, so maybe someone who is that far (like the local guy) would know better.
feeth is offline  
post #742 of 3238 Old 09-10-2005, 04:58 AM
Newbie
 
gmiller777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Roswell, GA back side of a hill with tall trees around me. I took the advice from the board and bought a CM4228 from Dow Electronics in Duluth. Wow that's a big antenna, but it does work as advertised. I've been struggling for a year and a half with different types of antennas and finally found one that works. I had a big VHF style antenna on a large pole on top my two story house. Just read here that the UHF portion of combo antennas is usually not that strong. The CM4228 isn't amplified right now and is just sitting on my back deck. Thanks for the great advice guys! I'm not sure why I didn't try this forum sooner.
gmiller777 is offline  
post #743 of 3238 Old 09-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Member
 
feeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta area
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiller777 View Post

Roswell, GA back side of a hill with tall trees around me. I took the advice from the board and bought a CM4228 from Dow Electronics in Duluth. Wow that's a big antenna, but it does work as advertised. I've been struggling for a year and a half with different types of antennas and finally found one that works. I had a big VHF style antenna on a large pole on top my two story house. Just read here that the UHF portion of combo antennas is usually not that strong. The CM4228 isn't amplified right now and is just sitting on my back deck. Thanks for the great advice guys! I'm not sure why I didn't try this forum sooner.

So are you gonna put the 4228 up on the pole?
feeth is offline  
post #744 of 3238 Old 09-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Member
 
apk8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Good afternoon, all. I wanted to few minutes to post my OTA experience and results.

First, I'd like to thank the many posters on this board for the wealth of information in this forum and in the television section. This forum has been a great resource for me. After months of research, I finally took the HDTV plunge and my new Sony 50" A-10 was delivered on Friday.

My home is located in Cumming, 4 miles north of GA 400 off Exit 13. The house was new construction and I had the builder run an extra RG 6 cable from the attic to the basement with the thought of an antenna being placed in the attic in the future.

As I mentioned earlier, I've been reading this board for many months and saw that there was a good chance I would be investing in a new antenna to receive HDTV/digital broadcasts. Before making a purchase of a channel master or other antenna, I decided to see how well my existing unit did in pulling in the signals. The antenna I had on hand was your basic RCA indoor amplified UHF/VHF unit. It is the ones you see in any Lowes or Walmart store. It has two dipoles for VHF reception and a plastic loop in the middle for UHF. The base has a knob for gain control. I think i paid $ 29.99 for it back in 1998 before DirecTV offered local channels.

On Thursday night, I brought the antenna and a 13" television into the attic. My home faces south. I placed the antenna on a box on the right side of a decorative window and angled the loop to 200 degrees, per the map I got off of antennaweb. I was able to receive the analog signals just fine on the TV and I also manipulated the dipoles to get NBC 11 as well.

Delivery of my TV came on Friday and the TV was setup without a hitch. I ran an RG 6 cable from the basement up through a bult in book case and into the TV. I then ran the autoprogram feature.

I was surprised when the screen showed that it found 24 analog signals but was then shocked and blown away that it locked onto 15 digital signals! as it turns out, the only digital signals I cannot receive are PBS 8 and 30. After playing with tehe TV all weekend, I figured out where to find the signal meter. These were my readings as of last night:

WSB 2.1 98
WAGA 5.1 97
WXIA 11.1 95
PAX 14.1 83
WTBS 17.1 85
WATL 36.1 84
WGNX 46.1 85
UPN 69 86 (This one was at 43.1 or near there for some reason)

There are also religious stations that came in as well as others hat I didn't list here, like the NBC 11 weather channel.

I am just pleased and surprised at my good fortune that my old antenna is doing the job. I strike up my good fortune to the fact that while I am on the lower side of my subdivision (altitude -wise) Cumming is higher than the area south to the TV towers.
apk8 is offline  
post #745 of 3238 Old 09-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Member
 
feeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta area
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by apk8 View Post

Good afternoon, all. I wanted to few minutes to post my OTA experience and results.

First, I'd like to thank the many posters on this board for the wealth of information in this forum and in the television section. This forum has been a great resource for me. After months of research, I finally took the HDTV plunge and my new Sony 50" A-10 was delivered on Friday.

My home is located in Cumming, 4 miles north of GA 400 off Exit 13. The house was new construction and I had the builder run an extra RG 6 cable from the attic to the basement with the thought of an antenna being placed in the attic in the future.

As I mentioned earlier, I've been reading this board for many months and saw that there was a good chance I would be investing in a new antenna to receive HDTV/digital broadcasts. Before making a purchase of a channel master or other antenna, I decided to see how well my existing unit did in pulling in the signals. The antenna I had on hand was your basic RCA indoor amplified UHF/VHF unit. It is the ones you see in any Lowes or Walmart store. It has two dipoles for VHF reception and a plastic loop in the middle for UHF. The base has a knob for gain control. I think i paid $ 29.99 for it back in 1998 before DirecTV offered local channels.

On Thursday night, I brought the antenna and a 13" television into the attic. My home faces south. I placed the antenna on a box on the right side of a decorative window and angled the loop to 200 degrees, per the map I got off of antennaweb. I was able to receive the analog signals just fine on the TV and I also manipulated the dipoles to get NBC 11 as well.

Delivery of my TV came on Friday and the TV was setup without a hitch. I ran an RG 6 cable from the basement up through a bult in book case and into the TV. I then ran the autoprogram feature.

I was surprised when the screen showed that it found 24 analog signals but was then shocked and blown away that it locked onto 15 digital signals! as it turns out, the only digital signals I cannot receive are PBS 8 and 30. After playing with tehe TV all weekend, I figured out where to find the signal meter. These were my readings as of last night:

WSB 2.1 98
WAGA 5.1 97
WXIA 11.1 95
PAX 14.1 83
WTBS 17.1 85
WATL 36.1 84
WGNX 46.1 85
UPN 69 86 (This one was at 43.1 or near there for some reason)

There are also religious stations that came in as well as others hat I didn't list here, like the NBC 11 weather channel.

I am just pleased and surprised at my good fortune that my old antenna is doing the job. I strike up my good fortune to the fact that while I am on the lower side of my subdivision (altitude -wise) Cumming is higher than the area south to the TV towers.

Congrats and enjoy!!!
feeth is offline  
post #746 of 3238 Old 09-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Member
 
tmackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Feeth

I went to order the CM 4228 from Solidsignal.com and the price has jumped $20 in the last week - its now nearly $80 shipped ($58.99 for the antenna + 19.95 S&H) BUT I found it at Warrenelectronics.com for $38.99 + shipping and ordered from there.
tmackie is offline  
post #747 of 3238 Old 09-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Member
 
feeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Atlanta area
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmackie View Post

Feeth

I went to order the CM 4228 from Solidsignal.com and the price has jumped $20 in the last week - its now nearly $80 shipped ($58.99 for the antenna + 19.95 S&H) BUT I found it at Warrenelectronics.com for $38.99 + shipping and ordered from there.

Glad I got mine before the price went up and glad you found another place to get it for a good price. What was the shipping cost from Warrenelectronics.com?
feeth is offline  
post #748 of 3238 Old 09-14-2005, 05:49 AM
Member
 
tmackie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The CM4228 is Shipping today from Warren Electronics. The Antenna was $38.99 and S&H was $16.75. So, the total landed cost was $55.74. That's as good a deal as I have been able to find. I'll let you know how things work out after I get it installed next week!
tmackie is offline  
post #749 of 3238 Old 09-14-2005, 07:13 AM
Newbie
 
NickG420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jefferson, GA
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
will the 4228 pick-up channell 11 because it is a VHF channel and 4228 is uhf only isn't it?

I'm afraid if I do the 4228 I'll have to add a seperate VHF antenna as well but I don't want to pay over $100 for a deepest fringe antenna that may or may not be any better. I'm not sure what way to go being 50 miles out.
NickG420 is offline  
post #750 of 3238 Old 09-14-2005, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
oxothuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickG420 View Post

will the 4228 pick-up channell 11 because it is a VHF channel and 4228 is uhf only isn't it?.

No guarantees, but many people are getting 11-1 with the CM 4228; check earlier reports in this thread. Although advertised as UHF-only, it still has reasonable gain in the high-VHF band.

My cable provider is Netflix
oxothuk is offline  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off