Atlanta, GA - OTA - Page 34 - AVS Forum
First ... 32  33  34 35  36  ... Last
Local HDTV Info and Reception > Atlanta, GA - OTA
adkent's Avatar adkent 11:36 AM 01-25-2006
jagsfan:

I received some advice last week in this area, and I'll pass it along to you.

I think you'll find that most people recommend the 4228 above most (if not all) other antennas for UHF. I'd try a 4228 in the attic wired via a transformer (balun) DIRECTLY to a single HDTV tuner and see what you get. This will give you a baseline from which to work with. Thereafter, you can add the 7777 to improve the gain (and resulting noise) and compensate for some loss through the transformer. Also, recognize that location can make a HUGE difference in an attic (even a foot or so). I learned that lesson from experience.

That worked best for me. I have a distribution system (splitting to multiple TV's), so the 7777 was pretty much necessary in my situation. Frankly, I didn't see too much of a difference with the 7777 when connected directly to my closest HDTV tuner.

kdonnel's Avatar kdonnel 12:17 PM 01-25-2006
I used to live in Buford, off Bogan road near Harmony Elementary. I had a CM4228 in my attic with a CM7777 preamp.

My only problem station was CBS. I got CBS when the leaves were on the trees and when the leaves were gone. I did not get CBS while the leaves were falling or coming in.

At the time I did not relize that very small changes in antenna placement could make huge differences. I probably could have moved the antenna around in the attic and received CBS.
jzdugolf's Avatar jzdugolf 12:36 PM 01-25-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxothuk View Post

My sister gets 14-1,2,3,4 pretty well from Marietta. Only problem is that their signal comes from the north while every other station is to the southeast, so she has to use a different antenna. I wouldn't have bothered myself, but she likes some of the shows on Pax.

You are right, I forgot you needed a second antenna for that channel if you lived north of downtown. Somehow after a while I seemed to think I was getting all the channels in Atlanta. My Sony HDD250 always shows the TVG on Pax. Maybe I need to pay attention to their program and think about getting a second antenna.
jbstix's Avatar jbstix 01:50 PM 01-25-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkent View Post

jbstix:

Well, I'm in Roswell and was recently having problems with 2.1, and started tweaking with the configuration and location of my antenna. For what it's worth, I really struggled with 46.1 once I found an idea location for 2.1. I was eventually able to get things dialed-in just right for everything, but it required a slight up-angle toward the horizon on the 4228. I have some multipath issues to deal with up here in Roswell, so a good part of all of this was probably luck.

Also, moving the antenna just 3' in my attic makes a HUGE difference in what I can get. Luckily, I found the right set of rafters...

Thanks adkent...
My antenna is about as high as it can physically go - on two 5' mast strapped to my chimney.
I did add a rotator about 5 months ago or so, the only 2 channels I really have trouble with are 5.1 and 46.1. Usually only trouble with 5.1, but 46.1 has just recently been acting up. I know that OTA HD can be "less than dependable" changing in many conditions (wind, rain, air traffic, etc.)
So I'm not sure what exactly is going on...
For reference sake... I can lock in 5.1 by moving the rotator to 035 (basic terms 35 degrees) but cannot get 46.1 in that locatioin. But, I haven't been able to lock in 46.1 at any position lately... very frustrating.
Thanks for any other help or advice...

jb
jagsfan's Avatar jagsfan 02:25 PM 01-25-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkent View Post

jagsfan:

I received some advice last week in this area, and I'll pass it along to you.

I think you'll find that most people recommend the 4228 above most (if not all) other antennas for UHF. I'd try a 4228 in the attic wired via a transformer (balun) DIRECTLY to a single HDTV tuner and see what you get. This will give you a baseline from which to work with. Thereafter, you can add the 7777 to improve the gain (and resulting noise) and compensate for some loss through the transformer. Also, recognize that location can make a HUGE difference in an attic (even a foot or so). I learned that lesson from experience.

That worked best for me. I have a distribution system (splitting to multiple TV's), so the 7777 was pretty much necessary in my situation. Frankly, I didn't see too much of a difference with the 7777 when connected directly to my closest HDTV tuner.

Thanks for the advice. I'll see what I can do.

Our heating and air unit is located in our attic quite near the location I would need to mount the antenna according to antennaweb. Do you foresee any potential interference from this unit that could hamper me getting the signal?

Also, regarding the mounting of the antenna, I know some people in this thread have mounted it differently. My rafters are a good 15 feet above me when I'm initially up in the attic. Any thoughts on how to safely and effectively do this? I'd hate to fall into my bedroom.
jzdugolf's Avatar jzdugolf 03:41 PM 01-25-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsfan View Post

Thanks for the advice. I'll see what I can do.

Our heating and air unit is located in our attic quite near the location I would need to mount the antenna according to antennaweb. Do you foresee any potential interference from this unit that could hamper me getting the signal?

Also, regarding the mounting of the antenna, I know some people in this thread have mounted it differently. My rafters are a good 15 feet above me when I'm initially up in the attic. Any thoughts on how to safely and effectively do this? I'd hate to fall into my bedroom.

Quite simple to do actually. get a long pole and attach a thick wire to it, then thread the wire thru the space between the rafter and plywood. tie the other end of the wire to CM4228 and then pull the wire down to raise the antenna to the height you desire. Actually, you need to do this for two wires, the second wire serves as a safety backup and for changing the direction of the antenna. it needs to be hanging from a different rafter. Good luck and have fun! Jim
adkent's Avatar adkent 05:52 PM 01-25-2006
Guys:

Regarding antenna placement, I've learned that pure height isn't the only factor to consider, especially in an attic. I can move my antenna about 1-2' from it's current position, and can lost about 20-30 points on some channels. If you have a multipath scenario (objects that prevent the antenna from getting line-of-sight access to the towers), then try some lateral movements. I know it might sound counter-intuitive (moving the antenna from it's highest point), but a multipath situation can yield some surprising results.

Also, be sure you're running RG6 (not RG59), as it has better shielding and is less lossy.

Regarding HVAC inteference, no question you'll run into a problem if any HVAC equipment or ductwork is anywhere near the antenna. You could get lucky with multipath, but odds are that you won't and it will make problems worse. Mine is almost directly above my HVAC unit, but enough so that ensures it isn't a problem.

Like you guys, I have 12-15' in the attic to play with, and here's what I did with the 4228. I purchased some PVC pipe at HD and attached the antenna to a 5' section. I also purchased some pvc "joiners", and used them to connect a few sections of PVC (various lengths, to test random antenna heights) together to make a lightweight extension pole. Since I didn't know exactly where my sweet-spot was just yet, this arrangement worked out really well, since I could easily attach/detach the sections and move the whole structure around until I find the right spot.

Oh, and one last note. I **think** I may have improved the performance of my 4228 by pushing the special feeder lines that connect the two arrays as far BACK toward the screen as possible. I've read that these are poorly designed (they radiate), and keeping them away from the array is probably a good idea. Also ensure that all feeder lines are well-separated (1") from each other up/down the array.
WatchdogFL's Avatar WatchdogFL 11:11 PM 01-25-2006
Ok... so here goes.
I've read through at least half of the 30 some pages of this thread. I've learned a lot, but I think my most important lesson is that I'm doing something wrong. I have a cm4228 that I picked up a few months ago. I tried setting it up in my attic. It was running through a cm amp (not the 7777) into a terk 5x8 multiswitch then into an eagle aspen 4x8 and into an HD Tivo. I never got above 20 on the tivo for more than a couple of seconds.
Months later (now) the CM 4228 is still sitting in a spare room unused because I didn't have the time to get back into the attic and try to coax it into life. So... rather than continue to pound my head over it, I'd like some recommendations for installers who are familiar with setting up cm4228 antennas with directv systems (i.e. the multiswitches). I'm hoping for an attic mount (wife will be happier) but will try a roof or chimney mount if necessary.
adkent's Avatar adkent 06:25 AM 01-26-2006
WatchdogFL:

Well, I'm no installer by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd suggest that you take all of your distribution (splitters, multiswitches) out of the picture and establish a baseline with the 4228. My setup is pretty much like yours, and I found that creating a baseline with the 4228 (no amp) connected directly to my nearest HDTV tuner produced the most predictable/testable results. With my entire distribution infrastructure in the picture, it was FAR too confusing (amp increasing gain/noise, distribution, etc.).

So, start simple and find the ideal location that gives you the best results (this may take a while). Be sure to test lots of spots up in the attic and note the results for comparison, since signal multipath can produce some crazy/unexpected results (see my previous notes). Once you've done this, start to add your CM amp and distribution infrastructure back into the picture and keep track of the results along the way.

(Nice to see a fellow Klipsch fan; I'm old-schoool with Forte's and Academy center).
jzdugolf's Avatar jzdugolf 07:49 AM 01-26-2006
adkent is quite right, it was my experience as well. location, height and direction all made a huge difference in the attic. it took me a week to find the deal spot. i started with five kinds of preamps/distrAmps and ended up with only one distAmp, because I found most times they didn't help at all unless the signal happened to be hanging at the edge of the digital cliff. Now I have six TVs/HDTVs thru out my house with one splitter and one distAmp. So start with one TV directly to CM4228 with all channels rock solid then add others to it to see if there is any loss of in reception quality. With the digital signals chances are you won't see much difference after the first split. Then add amps if needed. There is an old antenna installers saying "Loss is much cheaper than gain". So make sure you get all the signal strength in your bank, if you lose it along the way to TVs it is a lot easier to deal with than not having enough to start with. Good luck.
jagsfan's Avatar jagsfan 08:36 AM 01-26-2006
I conducted a test this morning just to verify that I could potentially pick up signals in the attic. As I mentioned in a previous post, I had a Zenith Silver Sensor indoor antenna connected to my Humax HFA100 tuner via 75' of RG6 coaxial cable. To make sure I could get the maximum height possible in my attic, I mounted (translation: used duct tape) the Silver Sensor to an extendible pole I normally use for painting high walls and moved it around to various stationary places in the attic. When I had it right in the middle of the attic (aimed approximately 230 degrees per antennaweb), I got WGCL-46 and TBS-17. I assume that the fact that the display on my TV had sidebars meant these shows during the morning are not broadcast in HD. However, I was encouraged because before this, I was not able to pick up anything downstairs. I decided to do another test. I moved the pole and antenna closer to the side of the house, maintaining the same height (right near the top of the attic). After this test, I was able to pick up FOX-5 (two separate channels) and channel 34 (a Spanish-speaking channel) in addition to 46 and 17.

Now I'll try to set it up with the CM4228 sometime this weekend and let you know how it goes. Thanks for all the great advice here.
Atl_Buckeye's Avatar Atl_Buckeye 08:40 AM 01-26-2006
b
JasonATL's Avatar JasonATL 06:02 AM 01-28-2006
I know this has been reported in the AHDTV group, but I didn't see anything in the last two days here.

The good:
On Thursday's 11 o'clock news cast, they showed a ribbon cutting ceremony of 11Alive's new HD studio. They promoted the new HD newscast coming in February. In fact, WXIA seems to be promoting the heck out of this, which is nice to see. I recall the days when there was no mention of HD by networks that had quite a bit of it.

The bad (IMO):
Coinciding with their "reporting" about the new HD developments at the station, they announced that Wes Sarginson was leaving the 11 o'clock news cast to be replaced by a younger anchor (they implied he would remain on the 6 o'clock news). Wes was very classy and gracious (as he has always been in the 10 years I've watched) and said he wanted to spend more time with his wife and grandkids. I just couldn't help but think that this, let's say, more senior, guy was a casuality of HD. I know it could be coincidence and that all could be at face value (no pun intended), but it makes you wonder.
jagsfan's Avatar jagsfan 08:00 PM 01-28-2006
Quote:

I conducted a test this morning just to verify that I could potentially pick up signals in the attic. As I mentioned in a previous post, I had a Zenith Silver Sensor indoor antenna connected to my Humax HFA100 tuner via 75' of RG6 coaxial cable. To make sure I could get the maximum height possible in my attic, I mounted (translation: used duct tape) the Silver Sensor to an extendible pole I normally use for painting high walls and moved it around to various stationary places in the attic. When I had it right in the middle of the attic (aimed approximately 230 degrees per antennaweb), I got WGCL-46 and TBS-17. I assume that the fact that the display on my TV had sidebars meant these shows during the morning are not broadcast in HD. However, I was encouraged because before this, I was not able to pick up anything downstairs. I decided to do another test. I moved the pole and antenna closer to the side of the house, maintaining the same height (right near the top of the attic). After this test, I was able to pick up FOX-5 (two separate channels) and channel 34 (a Spanish-speaking channel) in addition to 46 and 17.

Now I'll try to set it up with the CM4228 sometime this weekend and let you know how it goes. Thanks for all the great advice here.

I spent a good part of my Saturday getting the coax cable run from the attic to my basement, but once I got it hooked up to the CM4228 antenna, I was able to pull in about 9 stations over the air: 2 NBC's (one was the local weather), one Spanish channel (34), one CBS (46), UPN channel 69, channel 17 (TBS), and 3 religious channels. At one point today, I was able to pick up the two FOX channels, but I moved the pole around a bit to see what I could get and I lost them. I'm also not getting ABC, which is a bit disappointing since I want that one in HD for the Super Bowl. Is it time to try the CM7777 preamp now?

Also, some of the channels seem to be a bit grainy (compared to when I used the Silver Sensor). I had 100 feet of RG6 coax that fell short about 15 feet from my tuner, so temporarily, I'm using a 15 foot Monster Cable coax. I'm wondering if that change in cable is giving me the problem at the moment. Thoughts?

UPDATE: I figured out that one of my input options (Input 5, component) for some reason just will not put up a good picture. It does this with my DVD player and it was doing it with the HD input. Once I switched over to Input 4 (component), it cleared up the issue.

UPDATE: I turned the antenna so that instead of pointing more toward one side of the house, it's about 45 degrees to the right. Amazing! I've got 16 channels coming in now with no preamp hooked up.

2-1 WSB-DT 80%
2-2 WSB-DT 80%
5-1 WAGA-HD 90%
5-2 WAGA-SD 90%
11-1 WXIA-DT 90%
11-2 WXIA-SD 90%
17-1 WTBS-HD 80%
34-1 WUVG-DT 90%
36-1 WATL-DT 90%
43-1 WUPA-DT 90%
46-1 WGCL-DT 90%
63-1 TBN 80%
63-2 CHURCH 80%
63-3 JCTV 80%
63-4 ENLACE 80%
63-5 SMILE 80%

It works great! Bring on the Super Bowl!
JasonATL's Avatar JasonATL 10:07 AM 01-29-2006
Quote:

I spent a good part of my Saturday getting the coax cable run from the attic to my basement, but once I got it hooked up to the CM4228 antenna, I was able to pull in about 9 stations over the air: 2 NBC's (one was the local weather), one Spanish channel (34), one CBS (46), UPN channel 69, channel 17 (TBS), and 3 religious channels. At one point today, I was able to pick up the two FOX channels, but I moved the pole around a bit to see what I could get and I lost them. I'm also not getting ABC, which is a bit disappointing since I want that one in HD for the Super Bowl. Is it time to try the CM7777 preamp now?

Also, some of the channels seem to be a bit grainy (compared to when I used the Silver Sensor). I had 100 feet of RG6 coax that fell short about 15 feet from my tuner, so temporarily, I'm using a 15 foot Monster Cable coax. I'm wondering if that change in cable is giving me the problem at the moment. Thoughts?

UPDATE: I figured out that one of my input options (Input 5, component) for some reason just will not put up a good picture. It does this with my DVD player and it was doing it with the HD input. Once I switched over to Input 4 (component), it cleared up the issue.

UPDATE: I turned the antenna so that instead of pointing more toward one side of the house, it's about 45 degrees to the right. Amazing! I've got 16 channels coming in now with no preamp hooked up.

2-1 WSB-DT 80%
2-2 WSB-DT 80%
5-1 WAGA-HD 90%
5-2 WAGA-SD 90%
11-1 WXIA-DT 90%
11-2 WXIA-SD 90%
17-1 WTBS-HD 80%
34-1 WUVG-DT 90%
36-1 WATL-DT 90%
43-1 WUPA-DT 90%
46-1 WGCL-DT 90%
63-1 TBN 80%
63-2 CHURCH 80%
63-3 JCTV 80%
63-4 ENLACE 80%
63-5 SMILE 80%

It works great! Bring on the Super Bowl!

"Grainy"? This shouldn't have anything to do with the antenna. The digital signals are either on or off. The only variation in the quality of the signal will reveal itself in whether you get the signal or not. There should be no picture quality issues. So, I assume that your update is referring to this when you say that you've cleaned it up.

It appears that you've locked on to all the stations now. However, my experience has been that, if conditions change (e.g., weather, season, etc.) you might encounter problems with one or two stations. Or, if you choose to split your signal among several tuners in your house, you might find differences in signal strength. In addition, if you add a different tuner, it may have a different response to the signal (my DirecTiVo had problems with 2.1 while all other tuners in my house had no problems with it). I found that the 7777 pre-amp boosted all of my signals from 80% to 100% and made them more reliable and consistent across tuners. That is, after installing the pre-amp, I had no issues with variations in the signal during windy or rainy weather. So, I'm very positive on pre-amps, even in a situation where my signal strength was quite good without one.
mav63's Avatar mav63 12:48 PM 01-29-2006
You are lucky! If I use the antenna, FOX keeps dropping out. If I use cable, ABC doesn't come in.
lovswr's Avatar lovswr 03:31 PM 01-29-2006
Is Channel 11 showing the news in HDTV yet. I was just at a Tires Plus, watching TV. It was on channel 11 & Brenda Wood came on with a promo for the local news. What got me going was, at the very end. The voice-ver said you local HDTV news leader <-- with those same words under the NBC channel 1 logo.

I know that they have had "HDTV news is coming" commercials for the last few weeks, but is it here yet?
Terence's Avatar Terence 07:41 PM 01-29-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr View Post

Is Channel 11 showing the news in HDTV yet. I was just at a Tires Plus, watching TV. It was on channel 11 & Brenda Wood came on with a promo for the local news. What got me going was, at the very end. The voice-ver said you local HDTV news leader <-- with those same words under the NBC channel 1 logo.

I know that they have had "HDTV news is coming" commercials for the last few weeks, but is it here yet?

Looks like next month durring the Olympics. Here is the press release below.

11Alive is Changing the Shape of News in Atlanta!

Web Editor: Christopher Hyde
Last Modified: 1/26/2006 5:12:07 PM

WE'RE NOT SQUARE ANYMORE! 11Alive recently announced that we will begin broadcasting all of our news programming in high-definition television.

With the Winter Olympics on NBC in February, WXIA is taking advantage of the increased viewership on our network and the increased viewership in high-defintion.

11Alive is the first local television station in the market to make such an announcement. The move to HDTV includes a new state-of-the-art two-story studio and a new graphic look for our newscasts.

The look of the newscasts for HD viewers will be dramatically improved. The overall picture quality will be better for all viewers - no matter what kind of television set a household is watching

lovswr's Avatar lovswr 04:38 AM 01-30-2006
Ok thanks Terence.
Maveri9720's Avatar Maveri9720 09:53 PM 01-30-2006
Hey all, I need some very basic help. I just bought a 60" Sony SXRD with an ATSC Integrated Tuner. Does this mean all I have to do to get OTA HD is buy an antenna and just hook it up to the tv?

I am just looking for clarification. I having been reading this post for alittle while now, but don't have the time to read all 34 pages worth.

I would guess around 50' of RG6 from my garage attic to my tv. I am about 28 miles from the towers, in NW Marietta.

I would get a CM 4228, probably from Frye's. Just want to make sure of exactly what I need, b/c I only want to make one trip.

I have D*, but am not subscribed to HD. Also, I use an Audio Receiver for all of my sound, so how would I get sound when I tuned it to the antenna? Just turn on the tv speakers????

Anyway, thanks for your patience and help with an anxious newbie, looking to get OTA HD.
oxothuk's Avatar oxothuk 06:22 AM 01-31-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maveri9720 View Post

Hey all, I need some very basic help. I just bought a 60" Sony SXRD with an ATSC Integrated Tuner. Does this mean all I have to do to get OTA HD is buy an antenna and just hook it up to the tv?

Should be. I take it you don't have any antenna at all now, right? You might want to check www.antennaweb.org and verify the direction from your house to the Atlanta antennas, just to make sure you aren't blocked by Kennsesaw Mountain.
rdwalt's Avatar rdwalt 06:42 AM 01-31-2006
Quote:

I have D*, but am not subscribed to HD. Also, I use an Audio Receiver for all of my sound, so how would I get sound when I tuned it to the antenna? Just turn on the tv speakers????

Anyway, thanks for your patience and help with an anxious newbie, looking to get OTA HD.

I don't have an intrigrated atsc receiver so I'm not sure but on my STB it has digital audio out that I run to my audio receiver. I would assume your TV has digital audio out as well.
mav63's Avatar mav63 07:29 AM 01-31-2006
Quote:

I am just looking for clarification. I having been reading this post for alittle while now, but don't have the time to read all 34 pages worth.

I would guess around 50' of RG6 from my garage attic to my tv. I am about 28 miles from the towers, in NW Marietta.

I would get a CM 4228, probably from Frye's. Just want to make sure of exactly what I need, b/c I only want to make one trip.

Just set your Sony to fixed audio out, plug rca jacks into the fixed audio out on the back, then plug the other end of the jacks into your stereo audio in. I use the "TV" audio in on my Sony receiver. I too have D* and that audio is run to the Audio In at the back of the TV. So all of my audio for Antenna and D* goes from the fixed audio out from the TV to the TV audio in at the stereo receiver.
I have a Sony 34XBR960 connected to an antenna in my attic but for whatever reason, I can't get a solid HD signal on FOX. I am in Mableton/Smyrna area.
Good luck with your HD project.
rdwalt's Avatar rdwalt 08:54 AM 01-31-2006
You're not going to get DD5.1 with RCA jacks.
mav63's Avatar mav63 09:50 AM 01-31-2006
Hmmm. I guess you'd have to connect via the Optical audio out to your receiver if so equipped.
tboneatl's Avatar tboneatl 03:12 PM 01-31-2006
Quote:

I've got the same tv and yea, all ya need is on OTA - don't need to get a "HD" antenna, any ole antenna will do - as long as you get a good signal (heard a lot of good things about the Channel Master - I've got a Radio Shack which suits my needs fine).

I also have D* and the OTA easily integrates with the HD D* box.

Enjoy.

-Travis
Maveri9720's Avatar Maveri9720 03:22 PM 01-31-2006
First off, thanks for everyone's info and advice.

I made the long haul out to Frye's today before work and was able to pick up the CM 4228. Didn't have much time to play with it, but I was able to hook it up in my living room directly to the TV and do a scan and it came up with 19 channels. I was very happy with the results.

So tomm, I will mount it in the attic and see what kind of reception I get from there. Also, the big four are within 6 degrees of each other, with the median being about 118 degrees. Now, I need some help here: How does this translate into a direction to point the antenna? And are there any tips for hanging it in the attic?

I forgot that I am not using a regular D* receiver, that it is a Hughes Tivo unit, but I don't think that it has an ATSC tuner in it and it isn't an HD Tivo either.

I was going to hook the antenna directly to the TV and then use the optical audio out from the TV to my audio receiver. Does this sound right? Then I can get DD with the HD broadcasts, correct?

Thanks again for the help all.
Terence's Avatar Terence 02:11 PM 02-01-2006
Ok guys we finally get to see 11 Alive News go HD this week, check it out!

Big NEWS on 11Alive!

Web Editor: Kate Keib
Last Modified: 2/1/2006 2:40:21 PM

11Alive News goes H-D! This week, it's finally here - the big day! 11Alive becomes Atlanta's first and ONLY station to broadcast news in High Definition.

For viewers with an HDTV set, the picture will be presented in a 16x9, or wide-screen format. For viewers who have not purchased an HD set, the improved picture quality will still be obvious.

"This investment is about giving our viewers the best possible viewing experience for local news. High Definition Television is the best technology ever for our viewers and we wanted to lead the way in HD." said Bob Walker, President and General Manger of WXIA-TV.

With the launch of the HDTV broadcast, 11Alive News will also unveil a brand new state-of-the-art news set. "I think you're going to see some dramatic changes when you tune in. The picture is spectacular, the sound is better, the set is dramatically different. It's two stories tall and it showcases our commitment to both news-gathering and to local weather," commented Cal Callaway, News Director of 11Alive.

The move to HDTV news makes WXIA-TV one of a handful of stations in the country that has made the move. "To our knowledge, there are less than ten local stations in the country that are now broadcasting in HD. None of the network newscasts do," commented Walker. "Of those stations, four are Gannett television stations (WXIA is owned by Gannett). So, this shows a tremendous commitment to leadership on the part of the Gannett company," he added.
For the first time, NBC will be presenting the Winter Olympics entirely in high-definition. 11Alive's launch date is timed to take advantage of an audience that is already watching a high-definition broadcast. "Most of NBC's prime-time programming, more and more sporting events and now, the Olympic games are all being presented in high-definition.

This just seemed like a logical opportunity," said Walker. "We could say, we'll wait until 'x' percent of homes have HD sets to do this, or we could choose to be a leader. We chose to be a leader."

11Alive.com also features a special comprehensive section on HDTV. On the site, users can learn everything from different ways to get HD service, the differences between analog, digital and HDTV as well as programs on 11Alive that are currently broadcast in HDTV.

lovswr's Avatar lovswr 05:03 PM 02-01-2006
umm Terence. You said this week at the top of your post. The article says this week to, but what day? Today, tomorrow, Friday or Saturday?
Terence's Avatar Terence 08:24 PM 02-01-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr View Post

umm Terence. You said this week at the top of your post. The article says this week to, but what day? Today, tomorrow, Friday or Saturday?

Sorry about that i should have waited untill the next update, it starts......

Thursday at 6 pm!
First ... 32  33  34 35  36  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop