3-2 480i UPN

Tower - 25 kW, Carlos

Contact - David Cooper , Chief Engineer

Ph# 846-7777

KYLE-DT - FOX/WB

28-1 (29) 480i - mirroring analog 28

28-2 720p - mirroring KWKT-HD/Waco

Tower - 1 kW (soon to be 5 kW), N Bryan

KWKT-DT (720p) will soon be a subchannel for KYLE-DT, and the power increased to around 5 kW. KYLE splicer acquisition pending .

Contact - Lou Strowger , Chief Engineer, Duane Sartor , General Manager.

Ph# (254)776-3844

Temple/Waco - Central TX HDTV Status

Houston - Tower Power - This should give some idea of what it takes.

Cox Cable

700 KAMU - PBS-HD

705 KWKT - FOX/WB-HD

710 KBTX - CBS-HD

720 KRHD/KXXV - ABC-HD

730 KCEN/KMAY - NBC-HD

732 ESPN-HD

734 Discovery HD Theater

735 Universal HD - rebuild

736 INHD1

738 INHD2

740 HBO HD

742 Showtime HD

744 Starz HD - rebuild

Cox's HD-DVR is now available in the B/CS market.
Contact Form

The Not So Near Future

KRHD - ABC

Digital broadcasting from the local Bryan tower is under consideration.

25-1 720p - mirroring analog 25

25-2 480i - Telemundo

25-3 480i - Weather loop

Tower - 250 kW, Moody
Contact Form

Ph# (254)754-2525

KMAY-LP - NBC

This KCEN translator station will most likely be upgraded when the switch date is put into play.

Tower - N Bryan

Contact - Gerald Richmond , Engineering

Ph #(254)859-5481

Cox Cable

ABC(KXXV/KRHD) should be on Cox in time for the Super Bowl.

Verizon - FiOS TV

We're still not on their list.

Old pseudo-College Station thread

Please let me know about any new or bad info.

-Brian

See less See more
#5,228 ·
Any of you D* guys with the Sports Pack understand how the HD versions of the rsn's can be received? Last year many of the Fox sports HD games were on 93 or 94, but very few have been there this year. The A&M OSU game next week on fox sports is supposed to be in HD. Anyone know if we will be able to get it?

#5,230 ·
Everyone here have the suddenlink internet?

They claim to have 8 mbps speed...... I got the 4.0 mbps about 5 months ago and I think I'm supposed to get the 8mbps for free right? Is there any way they could have bumped me down? Because I definitely do not get 8mbps

Hell, I don't even have 4mbps. I go to www.speedtest.net and I run it and get maybe 2.5mbps

Is everyone here getting 8?

#5,231 ·
This was one of the primary reasons I'm leaving suddenlink. I was actually paying for the premium (used to be 9mbps down and 1mbps up) since I work from home as a web developer. Since the change, I've been getting around 4 or 5 mbps (sometimes less than 3mps) and no where near 1mbps up.

I called to "downgrade" my plan to the preferred, which they are saying is 8mbps down and 1mbps up. I still don't get either one of these.

When I called up to complain, they completely blamed it on me.. saying I had spyware on my system that was slowing it down.

We're just gonna have to deal with it I guess. I'm probably gonna have to just deal with it.. because I certainly don't want to go to Verizon for DSL.

Marc

#5,232 ·
I almost always get my full 8mbits... how many splitters do you have in the house because low signal strength could be an issue (as well as too many people on your node). but like i said i almost always get 8mbit (and usually get more).

As far as the upload though i have never seen it go above 512k. (exactly what i had before). Still upload isnt very important to me.

#5,233 ·
so you go to www.speedtest.net and you get over 8mbps?

I am on a wireless router in my house going to me, and 2 roommates. So, it is being split 3 ways although I use the internet much more often than them..... Sometimes I'm the only one connected and I don't even come close to 4mbps let alone 8......

upload i dont care about. i want to get at least 4mbps. Am I supposed to be getting 8mbps?

They claim to only have 8mbps now.... the 4mbps isn't even an option and everyone who had it from the beginning got upgraded to 8mbps for free.........

So they say

#5,234 ·
The only time I ever get 8mbps is on early Sunday mornings, which leads me to believe that our node is just being overloaded. The weekday evenings are the absolutely worst, sometimes getting as low as 1.5mbps.

I haven't changed anything in my house.. brand new wiring, gigabit router, etc. I'm pretty certain that it's our node being overloaded.. but the people on the phone have NO IDEA what I'm talking about.

Marc

#5,239 ·
I want to get HDTV but I'm doing just the basic cable + internet package for like $67

If I upgrade to suddenlink digital + internet then its $83 then another $20 for HDTV.... so yeah not worth it in my opinion

Is there a cheaper option to keep this internet? I don't want to get slow internet.... and I want digital cable for HDTV capabilities

DirecTV is like $49.99 then suddenlinks internet by itself is $50..... so yeah

#5,247 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgatesceo /forum/post/11721945

Prison Break sound was screwed up again. Fox...any idea as to what is happening?

I checked my HD Sling Box KYLE-DT recording from last night on Prison Break & K-Ville and the audio problem appeared to be completely claered up.

I have no way to evaluate 5.1 so maybe you guys could comment?

Thanks for all the help with pinning down and coreecting these problems guys.....

#5,250 ·
Is there an easy way to find a channel lineup for Suddenlink? I've searched their site, but gotten nowhere. Also searched Google, to no avail.

Also, does Suddenlink run specials, or will they cut the rates some if you ask the right questions? I know that works well with the satellite providers, but don't have experience with Suddenlink.

#5,251 ·
700 KAMU-HD-PBS College Station, TX

705 KYLE-HD Fox Bryan, TX

710 KBTX-HD-CBS Bryan, TX

720 KRHD-HD-ABC Bryan, TX

730 KCEN-HD-NBC Temple, TX

740 TNT HD (HD Basic)

750 Fox Sports Net Southwest HD (HD Basic)

765 ESPN HD (HD Plus Tier)

767 Discovery HD Theater (HD Plus Tier)

768 National Geographic HD (HD Plus Tier *)

769 Universal HD (HD Plus Tier)

771 HDNet (HD Plus Tier)

772 HDNet Movies (HD Plus Tier)

775 Home & Garden Television HD (HD Plus Tier)

776 Food Network HD (HD Plus Tier)

778 Arts & Entertainment HD (HD Plus Tier)

785 HBO HD East

790 Showtime HD East

795 Starz HD East

One interesting thing (and this is from suddenlinks site) is fox sports HD. just noticed it today when i looked. wonder if it will be up before sat night.

edit: media center finds channel 750 in the clear qam section so its more than likely up in testing mode. but i cant add the channel to media center and see if its actually online until i get home later this evening.

edit2: the channel is online but its only color bars right now... and the guide data isnt in media center yet so there is no reason to add the channel to media center yet. as soon as guide data appears i will put it in.

#5,252 ·
btw foxeng.. forgot to post this. ive made it a point to record most of fox's hd shows to help you find the problems and ffw through most of them (the shows i dont watch).

but i noticed last night about 45 mins into bones it started breaking up and then dropped to the SD version and remained SD for all of house and was DD 2.0 all night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.