3-2 480i UPN

Tower - 25 kW, Carlos

Contact - David Cooper , Chief Engineer

Ph# 846-7777

KYLE-DT - FOX/WB

28-1 (29) 480i - mirroring analog 28

28-2 720p - mirroring KWKT-HD/Waco

Tower - 1 kW (soon to be 5 kW), N Bryan

KWKT-DT (720p) will soon be a subchannel for KYLE-DT, and the power increased to around 5 kW. KYLE splicer acquisition pending .

Contact - Lou Strowger , Chief Engineer, Duane Sartor , General Manager.

Ph# (254)776-3844

Temple/Waco - Central TX HDTV Status

Houston - Tower Power - This should give some idea of what it takes.

Cox Cable

700 KAMU - PBS-HD

705 KWKT - FOX/WB-HD

710 KBTX - CBS-HD

720 KRHD/KXXV - ABC-HD

730 KCEN/KMAY - NBC-HD

732 ESPN-HD

734 Discovery HD Theater

735 Universal HD - rebuild

736 INHD1

738 INHD2

740 HBO HD

742 Showtime HD

744 Starz HD - rebuild

Cox's HD-DVR is now available in the B/CS market.
Contact Form

The Not So Near Future

KRHD - ABC

Digital broadcasting from the local Bryan tower is under consideration.

25-1 720p - mirroring analog 25

25-2 480i - Telemundo

25-3 480i - Weather loop

Tower - 250 kW, Moody
Contact Form

Ph# (254)754-2525

KMAY-LP - NBC

This KCEN translator station will most likely be upgraded when the switch date is put into play.

Tower - N Bryan

Contact - Gerald Richmond , Engineering

Ph #(254)859-5481

Cox Cable

ABC(KXXV/KRHD) should be on Cox in time for the Super Bowl.

Verizon - FiOS TV

We're still not on their list.

Old pseudo-College Station thread

Please let me know about any new or bad info.

-Brian

See less See more
#5,253 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagouar /forum/post/11804146

btw foxeng.. forgot to post this. ive made it a point to record most of fox's hd shows to help you find the problems and ffw through most of them (the shows i dont watch).

but i noticed last night about 45 mins into bones it started breaking up and then dropped to the SD version and remained SD for all of house and was DD 2.0 all night.

We had a severe temperature inversion situation last night after the sun set causing poor reception on the over the air HD receiver. The master Control operator bypassed HD switching and checked several times later on but it was still bad. I think this is a spring/fall evening thing we will have and until I can get the digital microwave approved next year we will have to live with it.

I have the digital microwave in the budget for 1st quarter. Once that is installed we can move our HD decoding and switching back to Waco. My assistant was supposed to hook up the HD encoder to our network connection today.

Once he does that I can log into it and check the Dolby [TM] settings for automatic surround switching.

Thanks again for the info and all your help.

#5,254 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX44CE /forum/post/11805015

We had a severe temperature inversion situation last night after the sun set causing poor reception on the over the air HD receiver. The master Control operator bypassed HD switching and checked several times later on but it was still bad. I think this is a spring/fall evening thing we will have and until I can get the digital microwave approved next year we will have to live with it.

I have the digital microwave in the budget for 1st quarter. Once that is installed we can move our HD decoding and switching back to Waco. My assistant was supposed to hook up the HD encoder to our network connection today.

Once he does that I can log into it and check the Dolby [TM] settings for automatic surround switching.

Thanks again for the info and all your help.

On another note.

Due to an Autumnal Sun Fade that will wipe out our primary HD and SD FOX receivers' reception at approximately 1:05PM Sunday we will be broadcasting the Saints game Sunday in up-converted SD from 1:00PM to sometime before 1:15PM [After the Sun Fade has passed].

Sorry, we can't overcome physics.

#5,256 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddzo /forum/post/11812136

anyone else think its a joke that we can't get sports ppv's (espn gameplan, full court) on suddelink anymore??

it sucks that its not available but i never purchased those plans so its no loss to me.

btw fsn-hd left the clear qam this morning.... im guessing it was moved over to the encrypted side to get ready for the release.

#5,260 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by KruZer2k /forum/post/11817652

If they add those 2 channels, I will not have a reason to leave S*Link.

yep... out of the many new channels out there the only ones i think worth having (that we dont already have are those 2). if those 2 get added there will be no reason to look elsewhere. we should have already had espn2 by now though. fsnhd was a big add for me even if they dont make much use of it yet..... alot of aggie sports get shown there starting this weekend.

that said im not going to give suddenlink a huge amount of time to get those online.... probably till the end of the year else i will at dish/direct. and can come back after a year when the contract would be up (since you get such attractive prices)

either way im not going to completely drop internet with them though.... cable (especially now) is way better than verizon (8mbit vs 3mbit)

#5,264 ·
got a question for the dish/direct guys?

directv first... do you still get one of those massive dish's from them or have they got those slimline ones out yet? specifically i am a bit worried as big as that thing is no matter how good its secured it can be moved by a good wind storm.

dish... so you still need 2 dishes on your house to get the hd channels?

im more than likely going to switch to one of the sat companies in a month or so (mainly because of the cost factor... sl is expensive compared to both sat companies). keeping cable internet regardless (its pretty cheap too) and more importantly i can keep qam service running to media center so i can keep the local hd channels.

im leaning directv atm because the actual costs are very similar when hd is added and from the accounts on the hdtv programming board the quality is improved. they also have scifi which dish doesnt yet (and thats a big channel for me). not to mention my dad has directv so after my contract is up i could add my receiver to his account (probably wouldnt but having that option is nice)

#5,265 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagouar /forum/post/11857696

got a question for the dish/direct guys?

directv first... do you still get one of those massive dish's from them or have they got those slimline ones out yet? specifically i am a bit worried as big as that thing is no matter how good its secured it can be moved by a good wind storm.

Mine was the newer slimline dish. It's bigger than the 3-lnb dish, but not as big as the AT9 (?) dish. It'll be a crapshoot on which HD-DVR you get, but both models are pretty much the same.

The new channels are nice. The OSU game looked great and I'm pretty sure it was only MPEG-4. The biggest problem is channels not showing OAR. That's not a problem with Sci-Fi though. You get double bars for letterbox material, which is a bit annoying.

#5,266 ·
im not worried about that.... its going to be the same regardless of which way you go. and another feather in the cap of directv is the announcement a while back that there would be directv cablecard type of devices for media center. its probably still a ways off but thats the ultimate goal to get everything into media center. hopefully they dont have the same lame restrictions as cablecard does when it does eventually come.

speaking of the dvr.... is there any real reason to wait? im not going to do anything regardless for a month or so.

cable has just gotten too expensive. 160 for the digital cable + hdtv + 2 hd-dvr (which would go to one HD-DVR and one SD-DVR) + internet. the internet by itself will be 45 bucks by itself and from what i can see directv will run 75 bucks a month or the package i want. os thats a savings of 40 bucks a month.

#5,268 ·
that never was going to happen.... and i didnt think it ever would.

there are some rumblings over on the media center forums (thegreenbutton). they have official ms guys over there posting and they say there have been "significant advancements" but they havent announced anything yet. its still a ways off imo but it sounds like its still coming.

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/183356.aspx

#5,270 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave99ag /forum/post/11857752

Mine was the newer slimline dish. It's bigger than the 3-lnb dish, but not as big as the AT9 (?) dish. It'll be a crapshoot on which HD-DVR you get, but both models are pretty much the same.

The new channels are nice. The OSU game looked great and I'm pretty sure it was only MPEG-4. The biggest problem is channels not showing OAR. That's not a problem with Sci-Fi though. You get double bars for letterbox material, which is a bit annoying.

Dave,

What channel were you able to get the OSU game on?

#5,272 ·
I know this has been discussed early in this thread (like page 10), but I wanted to ask again since it's been a few years.

If I were to "move" to Houston, I would basically call their customer service department and say that my service address has moved to Houston, but billing stays here. It helps that my brother actually lives in Houston.. so I guess I could make up a story there. (dTV)

My primary question is.. do you think they'll be "iffy" about it since I'm literally a new customer.. not even a month in?

I'm obviously looking for ABC in time for the game on Saturday.

Marc

#5,276 ·
You know, I was worried about the same thing. I had a story all made up about how I was consulting in Hourston, blah blah blah... CSR answers the phone. I told the CSR - "I'd like to change my service address." She says - "Where would you like to change it to?" I give her an address. She says "Should be done." I say "So, I'll be getting Houston locals now, yes?" She says, "Yep." I say, "Thanks a lot, goodbye..."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.