Erie, PA - HDTV - Page 116 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3451 of 3501 Old 12-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
scnrfrq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Since our greedy friends at TW STILL won't give us the NFL Network, here's a good site to watch the Browns-Steelers game on Thursday:
http://www.azzav.net/

Browns-Ravens is on right now. I've been using it all season, and it's pretty reliable. Course I'm assuming anyone is still reading this forum........
scnrfrq is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3452 of 3501 Old 12-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Newbie
 
wabbit01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
During the Steelers/Browns game last night, The NFL Network didn't hesitate in slamming Time Warner during the game. If one was in the local viewing area of Cleveland or Pittsburgh, the game was carried by a local affiliate.

Since Time Warner is the main cable carrier in Cleveland, NFLN was bashing TW to make them aware that NFLN is carried by DirecTV, Dish, and a few others.
wabbit01 is offline  
post #3453 of 3501 Old 12-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Newbie
 
jsimon0201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
With TW's recent price hikes, and the fact my two year Price Lock is finally about to expire, I'm thinking heavily about finally ditching TWC and moving to DirecTV. I've always hesitated since I get my internet through TWC, too (and have no landline for DSL). But I see Earthlink essentially resells TWC's cable internet, so I'm thinking that might be the best solution.

Any thoughts/advice/warnings anyone can share about such a move? Thanks!
jsimon0201 is offline  
post #3454 of 3501 Old 12-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
scnrfrq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
TW has a new URL for channel change info:
http://www.timewarnercable.com/Midwe...nelchange.html
scnrfrq is offline  
post #3455 of 3501 Old 12-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Member
 
moulder3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in the suburbs and no longer show any QAM channels, when I scan. Did TW remove them all? Aren't they required by law to have the networks available in-the-clear in HD?
moulder3 is offline  
post #3456 of 3501 Old 12-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Member
 
jacko15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North West Millcreek, PA
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by moulder3 View Post

I'm in the suburbs and no longer show any QAM channels, when I scan. Did TW remove them all? Aren't they required by law to have the networks available in-the-clear in HD?

I'm in Millcreek, and I still get all the locals in digital on my straight cable tvs. Try scanning again.

I don't believe they are required by law to carry them. Maybe someone else has more info on this.
jacko15 is offline  
post #3457 of 3501 Old 12-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Newbie
 
wabbit01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The NFL just announced that the Steelers/Browns game on January 1 has been moved from 1 PM to a 4:15 PM start. The Bills/Patriots game is still on WSEE at 1 PM, so since both CBS and FOX can carry a double-header in the final week of the NFL season, this looks like good news to Steelers and Browns fans in Erie. CBS also has moved the Ravens/Bengals game from 1 PM to 4:15 PM.
wabbit01 is offline  
post #3458 of 3501 Old 12-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Member
 
lacubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon0201 View Post

With TW's recent price hikes, and the fact my two year Price Lock is finally about to expire, I'm thinking heavily about finally ditching TWC and moving to DirecTV. I've always hesitated since I get my internet through TWC, too (and have no landline for DSL). But I see Earthlink essentially resells TWC's cable internet, so I'm thinking that might be the best solution.

Any thoughts/advice/warnings anyone can share about such a move? Thanks!

i have DirecTV, i love it, but let not be fooled all tv companies has price hikes every year, but i been with D* for 15yrs had only one 6 months period that was nightmare but other then its cool
lacubs is offline  
post #3459 of 3501 Old 01-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Member
 
bfbc2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i live in millcreek as well and am so over the twc bs. i have a recommendation for all of you who do not switch and i dont see why you wouldnt after the price hikes as of late...


download a program called veetle and use it to find non broadcast games. streams will get shut down from time to time but find another channel. justin.tv is worthless anymore due to dmca violations. might find a game that has a bit rate of less than 1k.

do not install any software to watch free nfl tv. its all a sham.

wiziwig.tv is pretty good for viewing games. i just recently found that. its been good so far. actually really good.

so i do have one question is u verse available in erie yet? and does any one own it?

for all you direct tv folks did you get fios internet? or something else?

really considering a switch soon from twc. i cant stand searching for hours and hours on sundays only to be able to hear stan savran on wdve give me play by play but no picture!!
bfbc2 is offline  
post #3460 of 3501 Old 01-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
scnrfrq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfbc2 View Post

i live in millcreek as well and am so over the twc bs. i have a recommendation for all of you who do not switch and i dont see why you wouldnt after the price hikes as of late...


download a program called veetle and use it to find non broadcast games. streams will get shut down from time to time but find another channel. justin.tv is worthless anymore due to dmca violations. might find a game that has a bit rate of less than 1k.

do not install any software to watch free nfl tv. its all a sham.

wiziwig.tv is pretty good for viewing games. i just recently found that. its been good so far. actually really good.

so i do have one question is u verse available in erie yet? and does any one own it?

for all you direct tv folks did you get fios internet? or something else?

really considering a switch soon from twc. i cant stand searching for hours and hours on sundays only to be able to hear stan savran on wdve give me play by play but no picture!!

The best site I've found is azzav.net. Very reliable and no extra software/players are needed.
scnrfrq is offline  
post #3461 of 3501 Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Newbie
 
wabbit01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfbc2 View Post

i live in millcreek as well and am so over the twc bs. i have a recommendation for all of you who do not switch and i dont see why you wouldnt after the price hikes as of late...


download a program called veetle and use it to find non broadcast games. streams will get shut down from time to time but find another channel. justin.tv is worthless anymore due to dmca violations. might find a game that has a bit rate of less than 1k.

do not install any software to watch free nfl tv. its all a sham.

wiziwig.tv is pretty good for viewing games. i just recently found that. its been good so far. actually really good.

so i do have one question is u verse available in erie yet? and does any one own it?

for all you direct tv folks did you get fios internet? or something else?

really considering a switch soon from twc. i cant stand searching for hours and hours on sundays only to be able to hear stan savran on wdve give me play by play but no picture!!

Here in Erie, Verizon FIOS isn't available. I'm able to get a 7 MbS DSL through Verizon. I've had the bundle with Verizon, which includes DirecTV for several years now. Even DirecTV just announced a slight increase effective in February.

My only complaint with DirecTV is that you have to purchase a higher tier for about $5 more to get Versus, now NBC Sports. DirecTV has the NFL Network and now all the Erie local channels in HD.
wabbit01 is offline  
post #3462 of 3501 Old 02-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
scnrfrq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm sick and tired of both of my TW 8300HD boxes missing recordings every day. I keep getting "Set-top was unable to record this program." I can't depend on them ever to record all my shows for sure. $220/month for this???

I've kept the boxes because I use external drives with them, and I do record a lot of shows. Has anyone been able to solve this problem? What other TW DVR's do you recommend, that also have large hard drives?
scnrfrq is offline  
post #3463 of 3501 Old 07-26-2012, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 1,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Greetings,

Seems most of all here have abandon this forum, & simoly given in to the 'pay TV monster', a shame, as being far east of Cleveland below the ridge, Erie would be considered my 'secondary' market, so only the major players provide a good signal, with a nominal CBS & Fox from Cleveland. Though even with Ashtabula in the Cleveland DMA, I would figure your market is fairly weak. I used to be able to pull WICU on 12 analog, now my most likely 12 is WMFD (Virtual 68) from Mansfield.

I usually am more apt to be getting Toledo as my secondary, though seems to be a opening towards Erie in the past few days here. Fox 66 (RF 22) seems to be your strongest station & was coming in Wednesday Morning (my first Erie DX snag of 2012).

Has WSEE (RF 16) made any changes recently, although I haven't been able to lock the signal, the blips seem to be higher & more frequent.

Hope you haven't given up totally for OTA TV in your area as signs point to.
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #3464 of 3501 Old 07-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Member
 
jacko15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North West Millcreek, PA
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I think you're right about most people in the Erie area giving up on OTA. Not a lot of choices, and pretty crappy signals. Aside from TWC and satellite, a growing number are using the internet, but the powers that be will be sucking huge revenue streams from that before long too. What I'm waiting for is the consumer backlash against all the watered down content, and hundreds of channels of useless programing. If television was a "vast wasteland" (Newton Minow) 50 years ago, it's even vaster now. As for me, I'm doing a lot more reading these days. I never cease to be amazed at the entertainment value of a good book! And an $8 ticket to a minor league baseball game gives me a great sports experience. I'm beginning to believe the "real" world is outside the door and not behind the screen. When more people realize that television is mostly crappy filler and look elsewhere for entertainment, the content providers and and broadcasters might just step up their game. The OTA broadcast networks seem to be full of "reality" crap, and our local news programming has been steadily declining in quality. I do have TWC cable service, but am wondering why I think it's worth more than the cost to heat my home in the winter. Dollar for dollar I think paid television delivery is one of our worse expenditures, and OTA leaves a lot to be desired.

I want to apologize for this rant, but I have too much time on my hands since I've drastically cut back on my television viewing.
jacko15 is offline  
post #3465 of 3501 Old 07-27-2012, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 1,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Television is a medium as it's neither rare nor well done. (Ernie Kovacs)

I'll have to agree, I really am sick the current network progamming, reality, & celeberty talent shows, I find myself watching more PBS, the News & the retro Micro networks available on the subs I don't think your Erie market receives - Me, Antenna, Bounce This.... There are a small host of others that serve the Southern Cleveland & Akron area that are not available up this way. I recently upgraded to a widescreen after getting tired the lack of expandibility on my 1978 Black & white TV. (Yes that is correct, I've been using one as my main living room set for the past year .... try hooking a DVD player up to that in a pinch). As far as Cable goes, I only had that briefly in an apartment for about a year that was part of the rent... I'm from an era where OTA TV, although somewhat limited was free. Of course most have been 'brainwashed' that TV is now a utility that you pay for & that cable has become a necessity.... gee, wireless TV??... who would have thought? smile.gif

The word on the surrounding boards about the Erie Market is that they have tight purse strings to provide a signal than barely makes it into Ohio & NY. I would think you would have a better shot at Buffalo with no obstructions over the lake (though I never checked their patterns). The Cleveland stations have a tendency to favor the bulk of the population to the South & west & null to the north & east due to the lake & to protect Canada. The Youngstown signal is either a bit far from me of is shadowed by the highlands to my south... thus I don't have a 'secondary' market here.

I can't say Cable TV is much better, most of the basic programming is from 2007 & re-run over & over (& people are very willing to pay for this). If I was paying $200+ a month for that which is a lot of money to me especially in hard times, I'd feel compelled to be watching 24/7 at that price. . biggrin.gif .. something I don't want to be doing either. I would say if you don't like the programming, poor service & ever increasing costs .. CUT THE CABLE!

I always have my public Library as a source for DVD's if things get that bad.. pernaps I ought to be reading more myself now.. I used to enjoy reading the paper, but got tired of going to www dot to finish the stories...now I'm going on a rant! wink.gif

NP with the rant, you echo many of my thoughts. I guess I need to get out more myself too.
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #3466 of 3501 Old 07-29-2012, 04:07 AM
Member
 
wavest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismarck440 View Post

Greetings,
Seems most of all here have abandon this forum, & simoly given in to the 'pay TV monster', a shame, as being far east of Cleveland below the ridge, Erie would be considered my 'secondary' market, so only the major players provide a good signal, with a nominal CBS & Fox from Cleveland. Though even with Ashtabula in the Cleveland DMA, I would figure your market is fairly weak. I used to be able to pull WICU on 12 analog, now my most likely 12 is WMFD (Virtual 68) from Mansfield.
I usually am more apt to be getting Toledo as my secondary, though seems to be a opening towards Erie in the past few days here. Fox 66 (RF 22) seems to be your strongest station & was coming in Wednesday Morning (my first Erie DX snag of 2012).
Has WSEE (RF 16) made any changes recently, although I haven't been able to lock the signal, the blips seem to be higher & more frequent.
Hope you haven't given up totally for OTA TV in your area as signs point to.

I think that you're assumption is correct as far as OTA and the Erie area. I was experimenting with OTA in 2010 and 2011, but this year have had a lack of interest. At times I have thought of investing in an antenna, but which one and installation, have overcome my interest. What antenna are you using? How consistent is your success? Thanks!
wavest is offline  
post #3467 of 3501 Old 07-29-2012, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 1,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavest View Post

I think that you're assumption is correct as far as OTA and the Erie area. I was experimenting with OTA in 2010 and 2011, but this year have had a lack of interest. At times I have thought of investing in an antenna, but which one and installation, have overcome my interest. What antenna are you using? How consistent is your success? Thanks!

Wavest, I'm in a cluster home, I have a common outdoor VHF/UHF Yagi antenna beamed at Cleveland, though Erie would be the polar opposite (or close). In my attic I have a larger I think it was the old Radio Shack 90 mile VHF from the 80's & 90's. This antenna has a slightly more south direction on it due constrictions, though been thinking of modifing it & removing the low VHF elements as a couple are snapped already (& why it ended up in my attic).. though it still worked with a VHF 3 here in pre transition. I also have a Grey Hoverman element I may be using or duplexing along with the one in the attic.

Years ago when I was in a house with a rotor it was easier, WICU was about a 200 degree swing for me, as I found out when a blizzard reoriented my antenna.
24 was also available, 35 & 54 I could never get here. (I don't think 66 was lit up yet).

There was suppose to be a good band opening this morning/aftenoon, though no DX really from anywhere, even my 2 Akron stations that aren't 100% reliable are not available today. frown.gif I typically get 20 channels on 8 stations out of Cleveland, & 3 channels on 1 station out of Akron.. with occasionally TBN & it's 5 subs. The Erie Market should be easily obtainable for me as I'm on the lake in Central Lake Couny, shouldn't be any obstructions between me & Erie, though experimenting even beaming to Erie, I can't get a reliable if any signal.
Bismarck440 is offline  
post #3468 of 3501 Old 08-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Member
 
lacubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
now Time Warner Cable is only one without the NFL Network, Cablevision work out a deal them today
lacubs is offline  
post #3469 of 3501 Old 10-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Member
 
jacko15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North West Millcreek, PA
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Any one besides me with Time-Warner Cable in the Erie, Northeast Ohio area having the following issue. A number of channels, such as Lifetime HD, We HD, E! HD, and others are not available. When I tune to one of these channels I get a screen with the channel logo and a notice that says "LIFETIME HD is currently unavailable, please try again later.", or substitute other channel names and logos. I've talked to TWC tech support and they've eliminated signal problems on my end, or problems with my digital boxes, and have escalated the problem to engineering. This has been going on for two days now.
jacko15 is offline  
post #3470 of 3501 Old 11-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Senior Member
 
shooter21198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Erie (Millcreek) Pennsylvania
Posts: 419
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
What Lilly did to WSEE/WICU has impressed me quite a bit. Everything about the HD broadcasts are phenomenal.
Too bad WJET/WFXP are near the bottom of the list for Nextstar to even consider the HD conversion

Time Warner Cable North East Ohio
SA 4250 HDC
Let's Go Bucs!
shooter21198 is offline  
post #3471 of 3501 Old 11-12-2012, 03:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
scnrfrq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been getting lots of cases where I schedule recordings and all I get is a message in the Recording Log "Setup was unable to record". This is occurring on both my 8300HD's, even after rebooting.
Seems to be only with HD channels so far. TW has been out several times in the last year, and added a major amp for my whole house, so I don't think signal strength is an issue. Things were fine up until a few weeks ago. Anyone else having these issues?

I need to stay with the 8300HD's due to needing an external hard drive.
scnrfrq is offline  
post #3472 of 3501 Old 11-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Newbie
 
Xmeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scnrfrq View Post

I need to stay with the 8300HD's due to needing an external hard drive.

I just had a TWC level three service tech at my house as I have been having nothing but problems with my dvr and turbo roadrunner. Fourth tech in 4 weeks.
He stated that they are deactivating all usb and esata ports on the 8300HD boxes.... and all boxes for that matter. He had told me that if mine is still working, it won't be for long.
They just had a meeting about this as TWC says it is a copyright violation because you can take the hard drive elsewhere and play the movies.
Xmeter is offline  
post #3473 of 3501 Old 11-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
scnrfrq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmeter View Post

I just had a TWC level three service tech at my house as I have been having nothing but problems with my dvr and turbo roadrunner. Fourth tech in 4 weeks.
He stated that they are deactivating all usb and esata ports on the 8300HD boxes.... and all boxes for that matter. He had told me that if mine is still working, it won't be for long.
They just had a meeting about this as TWC says it is a copyright violation because you can take the hard drive elsewhere and play the movies.

That would be another terrible decision on their part. I need hard drives to provide at least a reasonable amount of storage on their pitiful boxes. And besides, the hard drives only work on the box they are attached to. Once you try to move them to another DVR, you have to reformat them and then you lose all saved programs.

Just another reason to move to DirectTV or Dish.....

Tom
scnrfrq is offline  
post #3474 of 3501 Old 11-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Member
 
lacubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i do see they even put The CW in HD
lacubs is offline  
post #3475 of 3501 Old 11-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Member
 
MattDing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NW Pennsylvania
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I prefer WJET's coverage and personalities but I can't bring myself to watch them when I know I could watch the news in HD. I find myself watching WICU news exclusively now.

Also, if I was an advertiser, I don't know why I'd want to have my commercials run on WJET/WFXP. They look like utter crap compared to the HD versions.
MattDing is offline  
post #3476 of 3501 Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Newbie
 
CaelandCoen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I live out in North East. A few years ago TWC told me I live about 500 yards too far east and I've just never really wanted to deal with the dish companies. A few years ago I got myself a 91XG and pointed it to Buffalo (less than 80 miles) hoping to get the Erie Channels (maybe 15-18 miles) that were almost directly behind me. It hasn't been perfect. 1. My antenna is by the only tree in my yard 2. I'm at the terrible mercy of the wind (and I get a lot of wind). I do watch a lot more of the Buffalo channels and news than the Erie channels now. The content is usually pretty similar but a more reliable signal. 3. Sometimes I get some of the Canadian channels but because I went for something so directional its not a majority of the time. It means so far I haven't invested in anything above a 720. I'd love to have the 1080 but 1080 that isn't always in doesn't make sense to us.

At times I've thought about moving the antenna to the other side of my roof and of adding a second dish either to get a wider signal area or to bolster the signal I'm getting now.

Over the holidays I invested in a ROKU box. I'm a below average tech guy so I don't think I'm getting the most out of what I can. And I definitely need to upgrade my internet speed but with no access to TWC and not wanting a dish I don't know how many options I have beyond Verizon. After 11 years of not having a cable bill, I cant see my wife and I breaking down and paying that much for television.
CaelandCoen is offline  
post #3477 of 3501 Old 08-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Senior Member
 
shooter21198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Erie (Millcreek) Pennsylvania
Posts: 419
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
A huge update in a mostly dead forum!
JET/FOX/YourErie
DaveBelmondo: a new place to broadcast our news from for the next few days. We're going HD very soon and crews are preparing our news set for high definition. A bit strange doing the news from the conference room.

Time Warner Cable North East Ohio
SA 4250 HDC
Let's Go Bucs!
shooter21198 is offline  
post #3478 of 3501 Old 08-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Member
 
jacko15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North West Millcreek, PA
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter21198 View Post

A huge update in a mostly dead forum!
JET/FOX/YourErie
DaveBelmondo: a new place to broadcast our news from for the next few days. We're going HD very soon and crews are preparing our news set for high definition. A bit strange doing the news from the conference room.

That's great news!
jacko15 is offline  
post #3479 of 3501 Old 08-04-2013, 02:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
scnrfrq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter21198 View Post

A huge update in a mostly dead forum!
JET/FOX/YourErie
DaveBelmondo: a new place to broadcast our news from for the next few days. We're going HD very soon and crews are preparing our news set for high definition. A bit strange doing the news from the conference room.

That is good news - been a long time coming though.

Have people realized what are "friends" at Time Warner have been doing to us lately? Their latest update to DVR's has taken away the DVR Compensation feature we have had for years. Have you noticed that when you fast forward now thru commercials that it doesn't rewind a few seconds so you don't miss any of the show? You have to be lightening quick to stop it just at the right point. You usually have to rewind it yourself a little bit to get to the right point of the show. No explanation from them of course. People think it has to do with their contracts with channels to keep people from fast forwarding thru commercials.

Also, we lost Showtime this week too. TW won't pay out the fees to them to carry it. I think they could afford to come up with whatever it takes to keep Showtime on. I guess we're lucky though. They also took away the regular CBS local channels in a lot of big cities for the same reason.
scnrfrq is offline  
post #3480 of 3501 Old 09-11-2013, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bismarck440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NE Ohio... AKA the angry white planet Ohth
Posts: 1,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by scnrfrq View Post

That is good news - been a long time coming though.

Have people realized what are "friends" at Time Warner have been doing to us lately? Their latest update to DVR's has taken away the DVR Compensation feature we have had for years. Have you noticed that when you fast forward now thru commercials that it doesn't rewind a few seconds so you don't miss any of the show? You have to be lightening quick to stop it just at the right point. You usually have to rewind it yourself a little bit to get to the right point of the show. No explanation from them of course. People think it has to do with their contracts with channels to keep people from fast forwarding thru commercials.

Also, we lost Showtime this week too. TW won't pay out the fees to them to carry it. I think they could afford to come up with whatever it takes to keep Showtime on. I guess we're lucky though. They also took away the regular CBS local channels in a lot of big cities for the same reason.

Crime Warner... Dump the Cable, they now got all of you hooked,& holding you hostage...

A shame the poor coverage of the Erie transmitters, now the LP WOIO DT Akron translator on 24 pretty much assures me of never picking up WJET.
Bismarck440 is offline  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off