Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 06:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by scnrfrq View Post
Anyone still out there? Anyone have any experience with changing over to Spectrum? Anyone sign up with Velocity Net fiber yet?
Would love to get fiber, but not available in my area yet. Avoiding changing to a Spectrum plan for TV because, as far as I know at this point, the won't support my 6 tuner DVR. I understand they are deploying a 4 tuner DVR in select "other" parts of the country. That would be acceptable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
From what I've been hearing from my neighbors that had the faster tier internet before the switch over went final their speeds got bumped up to about 70 down from 35 down with a DOCSIS 3 compatible modem.

In response to Velocity I saw a truck doing some scouting work in my neighborhood, maybe there is enough people that they'll spend money on the infrastructure

Time Warner Cable North East Ohio
SA 4250 HDC no more
Cisco 4742 HDC
Let's Go Bucs!
Old Today, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter21198 View Post
From what I've been hearing from my neighbors that had the faster tier internet before the switch over went final their speeds got bumped up to about 70 down from 35 down with a DOCSIS 3 compatible modem.

In response to Velocity I saw a truck doing some scouting work in my neighborhood, maybe there is enough people that they'll spend money on the infrastructure
I have TWC standard internet advertised at 15 down and 1.5 up, and it's now over provisioned to 23.5 down and 2.5 up. That's plenty for streaming to a couple of devices at a time, which is the most we ever do. I use a DOCSIS 3 modem.

I've expressed my interest to Velocity about fiber to my neighborhood, but I fear interest here is lacking. Competition is the only thing that will drive lower prices and better service.

Old Today, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Good to see some people are still on this forum. I also have not switched to Spectrum from TW. I love my 6-tuner enhanced DVR's, and Spectrum wouldn't guarantee I could keep them. Their 2-tuner small hard drive DVR's are a joke - like going back to TW 10 years ago. They also couldn't give me the sports channel NESN I like, even though it's on their misc. channels list. They told me they offer no deals, and I would only save about $15/month.

Are both of you saying your internet speeds went up, even though you didn't switch over to Spectrum? I'm paying for 30 down, and I get 20-35 on various devices. I've seen no increase lately.

Velocity fiber is available on the next street over from me, and they told me it should be available here soon. But, their TV channel listing is not all that great either.

There is more discussion of Spectrum going on in the Cleveland forum: Cleveland, OH - TWC
Old Today, 06:24 PM

My download speed went from 15 to 17.5 last year, and to 23.5 a few weeks ago. I too am still TWC because of the 6 tuner DVR.

You have to sort through the threads, but I find a lot of info here too: https://www.dslreports.com/forum/charter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement