I have the AVerMedia AVerTVHD MCE A180. I bought it off newegg.com. Chose it because I order everything from newegg and its one of the few hd cards they had, and had 5 star reviews. I can say this card is GREAT. Very easy to install and hasnt caused a problem yet. The problem comes with KVLY and the FCC so far, and that integrating into MCE. I've also heard good things about the Vbox hd card. I have the avermedia card paired with a sapphire brand ati theater 550 pro analog tuner card. Both work great and flawlessly so far (1 week or so). I do however notice a problem with the analog card having a low audio level (any fixes?). Then I have all this piped to my shiny new Xbox 360 as an extender (which is AWESOME).
FARGO MCE OWNERS WHO WANT HD ANTENNA RECORDING, LISTEN UP:
As stated above by me and a couple other posts, MCE puts KVLY-DT as the phsycal channel 58 when it should be 44. To get my card working with KVLY-DT and MCE, I did the following:
1. go to C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\Microsoft\\eHome\\EPG\\prefs this is where MCE stores the program guide info in an xml format.
2. right click atscchannels.xml and select edit. IF you dont have this file yet, you need to set the signal up first in MCE and get all channels but KVLY working - then return when you see this file...
3. should give you something like this:
4. Chane the KVLY phsyical reference to .... physical="44" .... or just copy and paste this into the file.
5. I rebooted for good measure. And to my suprise this cured the problem.
6. start MCE, go the area to test your signal strength - I have Full green bars on all but KXJB which is about 2 less than full and orange - still great, strong signal.
Note: I also tried adding the channel manually the the MCE settings but this still did not work properly.
Hope that helps for some of you fellow MCE people out there who have or will have this problem.
PM me if you still need help.